+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1953Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I forgot to say that at the celebration, when it was over, my cousin with her little ones held on to me and cried for the first time in years. I'm older than she is so I've always been the eldest of the crew. It was so heartbreaking because I knew she was feeling like I felt........we may never get together again at that house, grandma's house. It broke my heart.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm on crutches, in pain, all 4 kids are home, but I'm really depressed because my dog is dying. Just in the last few days he's gone downhill quickly. You can't touch him without him yelping, and he's become incontinent. I am going to have to get him to a vet after school today, but I don't know how I'm going to manage that without totally freaking him out. If he needs to be put down, I don't want his last time on earth to be afraid and in pain. I'm at work and can't lose it here, but I really feel like having a huge cry.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'm so sorry you're having such troubles. It's a horrible feeling when everything seems to hit at once. I'll be thinking of you today.

Oh Gut, I'm so sorry. I had to put my "Baby" down after having her for 15 years. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

I know you'll do what's best for him, but sometimes what's best hurts so much
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Aww, Gut, I'm so sad to hear you're having such a difficult time. It's never easy when there's one thing going on, but when a whole multitude of events conspire, it makes it that much tougher. My thoughts are with you.

Gut I understand completely. It's so difficult when our furry ones are older. My thoughts are with you.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Aww Gut I hope that you make it to the vet with little trouble. I know you'll do what's best.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Gut - I am so sorry that you are having to face such a painful situation. I know you don't want him to be afraid by going to the vet, but it sounds like he is in so much pain right now that he needs to go. It might be that he doesn't have to be put down - maybe they can just give him something so that he isn't hurting so much. And, no matter what, I'm sure that you being there with him will be such a comfort to him. My heart is breaking for you - seeing our furry kids old and hurting is beyond hard.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Arielflies: I'm so very sorry to hear about your neighbor. We have a program here which seniors can participate in where they have a call button on a chain around their neck and a monitor that goes straight to a monitoring system. If the senior needs help, she just pushes the button. And the people at the system call every day to ensure the senior is ok. That is very sad that she died alone.

Knowing that she wasn't following her routine shows what a thoughtful and caring person you are to notice and take interest in your neighbor.

I hope someone finds her cat.

buglover: I know your heart is breaking so I'm sending you a very big Hug! I lost my Baba just over a year ago now, and it's been a very sad year. Please feel ok to PM me if you want to.

Gutmutter: Oh my dear! My heart aches for you knowing that your dear doggie is in distress. I know you will do what is best for his well-being. Know that if you and the vet decide that it is his time to go to Rainbow Bridge that he will be comforted by the fact that you are with him. He knows you love him very, very, much. And he needed you to know that he now needs your help because he is in hurting.

Sending my blessings and keeping you in my thoughts today.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread