+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by evoce?;2878900;
    my mother passed yesterday morning. yeah, it sucks...
    I'm sorry I'm getting to this late. My deepest condolences to you and your family
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

famita, I think of you often. How are you doing?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Sherri, my "pat" answer is "I'm doing." I have my good days and my bad days. We are having a problem with the death certificate. We finally received one last Monday, but it was filled with errors,....so....we now have to wait at least 6-8 more weeks so the state of Tennessee can write on a separate piece of paper the reason for the errors, have them notarized, and they'll send them back out to me. I am beyond livid, but realize that I have to be patient (something I never learned). We figure that we'll get them about the time for my oldest son's wedding. I told my sons that we are just going to table for now any correspondence regarding Matt's bills. We can't file for the life ins. until we get the D.C.'s, we can't have access for his back policies until we get the D.C.'s, we can't sell his car until we get the D.C.'s, so I am in a holding pattern.

I am trying to be myself again. I do try for the humor and wit that I'm known for, but I realize that it usually falls flat. I'm back to hating my boss (yes, I know, another thread), but loving my job and my original office mate.

I have all of you to thank for my healing. I know I will have bad days ahead, but not all of them will be bad. I am still trying to be optimistic, and that job is getting easier and easier. Tomorrow will be better than today.

Gutmutter: I'm glad you are doing a bit better.
    famita: My thoughts are with you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Talk about a bad and sad day. I had become increasingly worried about my next door neighbor as she was not following any of her normal habit of being out and about. After knocking on her door all weekend, I finally asked Apt Mgt to check on her and then, at their request, called the police to make an entry. I'm waiting now to talk with the coroner to give him what little information I have about her. It's scary when you live alone and develop health problems. Now I'm grieving for a woman with a feisty spirit who enjoyed her freedom and independence. RIP
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2882984;
    Talk about a bad and sad day. I had become increasingly worried about my next door neighbor as she was not following any of her normal habit of being out and about. After knocking on her door all weekend, I finally asked Apt Mgt to check on her and then, at their request, called the police to make an entry. I'm waiting now to talk with the coroner to give him what little information I have about her. It's scary when you live alone and develop health problems. Now I'm grieving for a woman with a feisty spirit who enjoyed her freedom and independence. RIP
    I'm sorry for your loss Arielflies. You are a wonderful neighbor and friend.
    Yup, with donuts!!

What a tragedy, Arielflies. Your neighbor is fortunate to have had you to check on her. My sympathies.

MRD

Arielflies,
    I am so sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were a good neighbor to her to check on her so regularly. My sympathies to you and to her family and friends.

I know that in our community in Florida, they had a program where Senior Friends had a telephone program where volunteers called daily to check on people that were older and lived by themselves. I know that in one case, where they didn't get an answer, they had someone go check and the lady had fallen and broken her hip and had been laying there all night. It really is a good program and more communities should adopt it as it seems to really benefit the people that need it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Arielflies, thank goodness for your caring nature. I am so sorry for what you are going through... But I am also glad for this woman that there is someone--you--to grieve for her. I think in some ways, that is the best thing we can do for those who are gone. I hope your heart heals...

famita, I am sorry that you and your family are dealing with bureaucracy at this horrible time.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Thank you all for your thoughts. I only wish I had more information for the coroner investigator. The coroner transported her with care, and I said goodbye. I don't know what has become of her cat, though. They couldn't find it in the apartment.

The need for a contact phone system is needed with all the elderly who live alone; especially if there is no family near to them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread