+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm sorry evoce? - Losing a parent is really hard. I like to recommend the book "Life After Life" which helped me enormously after my father died 2 years ago. It is about people who have had near-death experiences and what they experienced. It helped my mom a lot, too. I keep extra copies on hand to give out as needed. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Count your blessings!

Dear Gutmutter,

How are you doing after your "slide" down the steps? Knee getting better?

Today is better than yesterday. I can put a little weight on it and bend it further. My Little Sister found me the right size crutches at the "free room" at the dump. I'm really really hoping this resolves on its own. Mostly if feels like it's full of fluid. I got to switch from ice to heat today and I LOVE a good heating pad. On the plus side... Dan is doing his own laundry now and my daughter did the grocery shopping yesterday while I sat in the car. She was hesitant at first and scoured my list for anything she wasn't sure about. Afterwards, she was very excited to have done so well and wants to do all the shopping from now on. I actually enjoy grocery shopping, but I'm willing to let this play out as long as it amuses her. School tomorrow will be a different story and I will have to back off my exercise routine. Thank you for asking!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2880525;
    Today is better than yesterday. I can put a little weight on it and bend it further. My Little Sister found me the right size crutches at the "free room" at the dump. I'm really really hoping this resolves on its own. Mostly if feels like it's full of fluid. I got to switch from ice to heat today and I LOVE a good heating pad. On the plus side... Dan is doing his own laundry now and my daughter did the grocery shopping yesterday while I sat in the car. She was hesitant at first and scoured my list for anything she wasn't sure about. Afterwards, she was very excited to have done so well and wants to do all the shopping from now on. I actually enjoy grocery shopping, but I'm willing to let this play out as long as it amuses her. School tomorrow will be a different story and I will have to back off my exercise routine. Thank you for asking!
    Glad to hear its getting better. And the silver lining is the teenagers are learning to do more to help you out. That's always a good thing.
    Continue to get better.
    If they do have to drain any fluid, let me just tell you that I hurt my knee several years ago and the doctor wanted to do that and I was terrified, but never has a needle jammed into my knee actually felt SO GOOD!
    I was super nervous, but it didn't hurt and the relief was IMMEDIATE. The doctor was laughing afterwards at me because I told him that exact thing about "never has a needle jammed in my knee felt so good".
    I hope you don't have to do that, but if so, it really does give you instant pain relief.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't have a problem with needles. Even when they had to pierce the "headlights" for a pre-surgery ordeal (with 5 needles no less) I just did what my dad always told me to and consciously relaxed my body and talked calmly to the nurse. She said she's never seen anyone so relaxed during that procedure and the nurse in training that was observing had to be told it was an atypical reaction.
    Count your blessings!

Buglover,
    Just wanted to let you know, my thoughts are with you today. Celebrate her life! She sounded like a wonderful person.

MRD

Gut, most needles don't bother me either, but that one for my knee looked like it was 2 feet LONG!

I've had so many IV's and shots and I used to be a phlebotomist, so I usually am fairly relaxed around needles, but the one in the knee was a first. But surprisingly it didn't hurt.

Buglover
    - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today as you celebrate your grandmother's life. She and your mom are smiling down on you today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Buglover, I've just now had a chance to watch your video and it is a beautiful and loving tribute to Grandma....

My thoughts are with you today.... to you.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks for thinking of us. It was very difficult. My uncles cried and pulled me in close for a hug and I said, no more of this crap you guys! We are down in numbers so you all better take care of yourselves! My mother first, my oldest uncle a couple years later and now my grandmother. There are only 3 of them left so they have to be around for a while! It was so nice to see everyone, even my cousins I haven't seen since they were little but it was still sad. Thanks for all the support I love you guys!
    Yup, with donuts!!

evoce?, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Gut, I hope your knee feels better soon-I'm hoping today doesn't make it worse

Buglover, I thought about you yesterday and wondered how it was going. Glad that you shared!

+ Reply to Thread