+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

NO-not tacky at all! You do what makes you feel ok. I'm sure your family would agree! The thought of them sitting next to each other gives me warm fuzzies!

That's what I was thinking. I know some people get freaked out by urns, etc but it's not like a decaying body for crying out loud! I think I will take her with me. I'm even going to buckle her in for safety while traveling!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2876098;
    That's what I was thinking. I know some people get freaked out by urns, etc but it's not like a decaying body for crying out loud! I think I will take her with me. I'm even going to buckle her in for safety while traveling!
    That reminds me of the movie Elizabethtown where he buckles his dad's ashes and takes him on a road trip at the end.

I think that would be a nice touch Buglover and very appropriate. Hugs to you this weekend.

My parents stipulated that they wanted theirs scattered together, so my mom kept both my dad's ashes and their dog's ashes and when my mom passed, we mingled all 3 and then scattered them. I did save some of each and they are both in a small container sitting on a shelf in my family room. Well they are both sitting inside a rather large Florida Gator's mug so I'm sure mom isn't happy. She went to FSU. But I say hey, at least they're together.
    But no one but the immediate family knows that they are there. I don't mention it to guests because I think they would get freaked out a bit.
    I do take Dad out and sit him on top of the tv during football games. I know, it's weird, but it makes me smile and that's all I care about.

So do what makes you feel better and don't worry about the others.

Sherri mentioned about using that version of Over the Rainbow for her services.
    I had 3 songs I've always said I wanted at my own and darnit if all three haven't been featured in funeral scenes in movies now. THEY STOLE MY IDEAS!
    You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones (featured in the Big Chill)
    Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd (in Elizabethtown)
    and
    Let it Be by the Beatles (Across the Universe)

I have made arrangements to get exactly what I want and it will not be in a church, but outside with the music I want and the things I want read. I don't want it to be sad either. I want it to be like my parents memorial and my friend Carl's that were celebrations where people told stories and we laughed and cried, but mostly laughed and remembered what special people they all were.
    My parents were big dancers and their special song was Somewhere my Love (Lara's theme from Dr. Zhivago). We played that at their memorial. I heard it for the first time in years the other day in a store and I had a great memory on the spot of them dancing to that song-it actually made me stop and smile. They got up and danced to that no matter where they were if they heard it playing, even if there wasn't a dance floor.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That sounds like it will be a wonderful service mrd. I love your song choices!!

My uncle, my mother and my grandmother's ashes will be scattered in Hawaii sometime. We'll have to break open the urns because they are sealed by the funeral home but it will be nice for all of them to be together. My mother was the oldest child, then my uncle who passed a few years ago (they were 11mos apart). They were like twins together all the time growing up. I think my grandma would like that as well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

We scattered my parents ashes in the Peace River in Florida and that's where I'm going too. The river flows through our hometown and we had many fond memories on it.

My mom's best friend remarked that when my brother went to sprinkle the ashes a wind gust kicked up and some went one way and some the other. Anyway, she said, well that's typical of them, still can't agree on anything. I thought I would fall over laughing. So true and so typical.
    I guess its things like that and the fond memories that get me through. We had a lot of laughs over the years. And infamous family stories.
    I just remember the good times and it seems to help me a lot when I'm missing someone.

MRD

I really have no right to complain considering what others are going through, but I have ongoing neck and shoulder problems from a car accident about 4 years ago. My neck has been bothering me for a month now and I put off going to the chiropractor until Wed., well it felt GREAT when he adjusted me, but now I am so sore musclewise as the muscles readjust to their new position. In fact, I have a stiff neck because they are so tight. I've put ice on it and tiger balm, but I could really use a good massage, which isn't going to happen.
    On top of that, I have an irritated nerve in my right leg and when I went back to the chiro today, I mentioned it to him and he started manipulating my leg and I thought it was going to fall off. He wasn't adjusting it, just moving it around so he could see how much rotation I have in that hip, but it still hurt.
    Anyway, I'm just really stiff and sore tonight in my neck and shoulder and I can feel a headache coming on from the muscle tightness.
    I'm having a beer to see if it will help as the tylenol earlier didn't do much.

MRD, I'm 44% disabled in my upper back, neck and arms from work. Recently I've begun to get tingles in my legs, etc. and every chiropractor tells me the same thing, it's my back and I should consider a different job...........yea right! No way am I going to switch careers right now during this economic struggle.

If you can take advil, I say take that. It will help take the swelling down from your back/shoulder/neck and make the pain much less.

Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2877168;
    I'm having a beer to see if it will help as the tylenol earlier didn't do much.

In Heaven There Is No Beer
    (Public Domain/Finch)
    In Heaven there is no beer
    (No beer?!)
    That's why we drink it here
    And when we're all gone from here
    Our friends will be drinking all the beer.

MRD

I can't take advil (because of the ulcer I have), only tylenol. I took a hot shower (we also have a shower massage) and let the hot water beat on it, applied tiger balm and felt much better for most of the night. It's still sore today, but not as much.

Back problems suck. Sorry to hear you have such a problem. Mine is a come and go problem, but when it decides to come visit, its a pain in the neck literally.

Gabriel that is too funny. I had 2 beers in a frosted glass and they were DIVINE. Sometimes a cold beer just hits the spot.

Sorry to hear of everyone's aches and pains. Tylenol and beer - good. Tylenol and glass of wine - better.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2878357;
    In Heaven There Is No Beer
    (Public Domain/Finch)
    In Heaven there is no beer
    (No beer?!)
    That's why we drink it here
    And when we're all gone from here
    Our friends will be drinking all the beer.
    I should have a beer today. Just because.
    ------------------------
    My trouble is that I registered my sweetie and I for a class by Pashur in May. Now I find out that I need to bring an airbrush, connector and a silent compressor!! (can run to $1,000 easy). That's on top of the course fee ($300). They didn't mention that when they posted the class. I dont' own any equipment. And we are supposed to practice on each other which makes no sense because it will waste time...you can't practice if you are the model. So my sweetie is really mad they aren't providing models. I e-mailed the host of the course series and he basically said if I don't like it, I can quit the class! .

I was expecting Pashur to do some brush and sponge work as well, but it doesn't seem like that is what will happen, so I will not learn that. Another course that was offered by Mark Reid, does brush and sponge but it is full and I can't get in now.

There is a lot of politics going on with the guy who is organizing these workshops, it's getting me down. I registered my sweetie to take the workshop, but I thought he was going to pay me back. I can't afford to buy all this extra equipment, particularly because I wasn't going to get in to airbrushing for a year or two. So it's looking like $600 for the workshop, $125 for the bus down, $1,000 for equipment.

Guess I won't be eating the rest of the year. Not a happy kitty this week.
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-29-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread