+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1510Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;2862916;
    So on Friday, the nurse calls and tells me my cholesterol is at 218, and should be at 120. She made another appointment for more tests but doesn't tell me anything else. So now I'm here looking for answers.
    120? My doctor told me that for normal, healthy adults, under 200 is generally good. I'm usually at 160-170 -- I'm pretty healthy and am very thin. I have a friend who is technically obese, and her cholesterol is 130. I'm not sure why your doc said it should be 120...that sounds awfully low.

You need to know your HDL ratio to LDL, that is what is important. There are a lot of good sites that explain cholesterol quite well. About 10 years ago I spent half my day on the phone explaining cholesterol results

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2862501;
    When is the right age to get your boobs "mashed"? I should probably ask my doctor. But I haven't had a mammogram yet and I'm dreading it. I'm very lax on my well-woman visits and usually only do them once every two or three years because I just don't think you need a yearly exam if you're feeling fine. Plus my gyno lets her assistants do the exam if you haven't been there in awhile and I really like her so I space them out
    Well burnbrat my gyno say that in your early fourties is when you should have a mamogram done, or if abnoral breast exams are in your family then alot earlier.

My MIL has problems with her cholesterol and she takes Omega-3 plus alot of other pills that the Dr. put her on.
    I take Omega-3 plus I drink soy milk that's fortified with omega-3, B6, B12, E, and calcium.
    Oh if anyone is on Lipitor tell your Doc to take you off of it because it causes leg cramps. My MIL took it and her legs have never been the same since

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2862939;
    120? My doctor told me that for normal, healthy adults, under 200 is generally good. I'm usually at 160-170 -- I'm pretty healthy and am very thin. I have a friend who is technically obese, and her cholesterol is 130. I'm not sure why your doc said it should be 120...that sounds awfully low.
    120 is low. Mine is 124 and I was told by one doctor that it was almost too low. Another said, not to worry about it and be glad it wasb't high.

Cholesterol is about what you eat and it's also about gene's. When I weighed over 400 pounds, mine was still around 140 and so was my dad's. My mom was small and watched what she ate and hers was always over 200 and usually high enough her doctor told her to watch it. And she did. She complained that she watched hers well and couldn't get it down and dad and I didn't and ours was low.

I know several people that do oatmeal or cheerios every morning and were able to bring theirs down like the commercials have claimed.

Burntbrat, I used to work for a gyn and it's very important for even young women to have well woman visits. Every year is the optimum. I don't want to scare anyone, but we did see some fairly serious and some not so serious, but needed to be taken care of problems in girls as young as 16.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sunday is the celebration of my grandma's life. My cousin put together this little picture montage of my grandmother's life with all of us and I just sobbed like I haven't sobbed in ages. If you search Grannie Annie on you tube, you can watch our family. My mother is in there as well and that makes it a double whammy for me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Oh Buglover, what a beautiful moving tribute. I was sobbing too and I didn't even know her.
    But what really struck me was that all the photos were of her smiling so big. Everyone looks so happy. Let those smiles sustain you through this time.

Your cousin did a fantastic job of putting this together. What a special memory to have, I hope the cousin is making copies for all the family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

She went through so much in life and was always happy. She was the rock of the family for sure. My mother is the one always wearing glasses even as a toddler.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2870806;
    Sunday is the celebration of my grandma's life. My cousin put together this little picture montage of my grandmother's life with all of us and I just sobbed like I haven't sobbed in ages. If you search Grannie Annie on you tube, you can watch our family. My mother is in there as well and that makes it a double whammy for me.

It was beautiful.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Oh buglover, what a wonderful tribute

+ Reply to Thread