+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

mrd, would alka-seltzer work for you? We keep a box handy but usually for me tums does the trick. My husband is on prescription Prilosec but he only takes a pill every few days. Our insurance won't cover Nexium or Prevacid and they recently raised the co-pay on the Prilosec. It's like they don't care if people suffer from acid reflux, and I know from seeing my husband go through it that it's very painful and actually damaging to the esophagus. But I don't want to get on an insurance rant. I'd like to have a good day .

Peppermint is good for nausea not so good for heart burn. Glad you are feeling better mrd.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm glad you're feeling better, MRD.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2857503;
    ShayboII when is your appt to have the cysts checked out? Are they going to make you wait a long time?
    April 10th @ 3:00 thats my mamogram then at 3:20 is my ultra sound

Ok, on April 10th I'm going to send calming thoughts your way so no matter what you'll be ok! hugs to you!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2858569;
    HELP!
    I've eaten something that has given me killer indigestion. I take previcid daily and am not scheduled for my next dose until the morning.
    I can't take rolaids or tums.
    I tried keopectate which usually helps and it hasn't.
    I've nibbled soda crackers which usually helps and they aren't.
    I'm sipping peppermint tea and so far no relief.

It's most definetly indigestion and acid reflux-without going into detail, I know its that and not something else. I've been trying to keep my mind off of it, but I don't think I've ever had it this bad.

At this point, I really don't know what else to do. The Walgreens pharmicist told me not to take another previcid until my next scheduled dose.
    I can't lay down and go to sleep as laying down makes it worse.

I've tried every remedy I know and nothing has helped.
    Anyone have any suggestions.

I do know that even though they taste really, really good, I will never eat chicken/mango sausage again in this life.

I'm telling you that any ground poultry product seems to really make me sick. I don't know what it is. I can't eat ground turkey either. Can eat both turkey and chicken in other forms, but not ground. Ugh. I just want to go to bed and I can't.

Sorry to be so whiney, but its really uncomfortable and annoying and I'm extremely frustrated that nothing seems to be helping.
    I'm sorry to hear about you not feeling well. The only thing I can think of is Peptobismol or peppermints. Wait try ginger.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2859404;
    mrd, would alka-seltzer work for you? We keep a box handy but usually for me tums does the trick. My husband is on prescription Prilosec but he only takes a pill every few days. Our insurance won't cover Nexium or Prevacid and they recently raised the co-pay on the Prilosec. It's like they don't care if people suffer from acid reflux, and I know from seeing my husband go through it that it's very painful and actually damaging to the esophagus. But I don't want to get on an insurance rant. I'd like to have a good day .
    I haven't tried it, but I may get some to try next time. I'm sorry your husband goes through this. It's not fun when it happens to me and this was the very worst bout of it. Usually the medication keeps it under control. I guess this sausage was stronger than the medication.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2860246;
    Ok, on April 10th I'm going to send calming thoughts your way so no matter what you'll be ok! hugs to you!!
    Thanks Buglover. I found out today that my older sister has the same problem as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2861678;
    Thanks Buglover. I found out today that my older sister has the same problem as I do.
    It must run in your family. I think you'll have to be more aware and tested more often but it's going to always turn out ok!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Good luck Shaybo to you and your sister.

My family has a history of fibrous cysts in the breast.

I used to do my mammograms with a friend. We scheduled them back to back on the same day and then went out to lunch afterwards. Made the whole thing less stressful and more fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread