+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

What a neat way to have a laugh! Thank you all!!

Shaybo, I'll be thinking about you. I won't do it in your place, but I'll be thinking about you.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2854110;
    That is rather confusing isn't it? Can cysts disappear? While this subject is on the board, forgive me for being a stupid man. But I know how mammograms are done and it must hurt, but in this day & age and the "miracles" of modern medicine, isn't there a better was to get an image?
    Actually they can disappear.

And yes, you'd think that with modern medicine they'd come up with a better way than using a garbage compactor that they also make you almost stand on your toes while they compact.

Honestly, I'd rather have the boob-o-vision model 1 camera than the way they do it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

HELP!
    I've eaten something that has given me killer indigestion. I take previcid daily and am not scheduled for my next dose until the morning.
    I can't take rolaids or tums.
    I tried keopectate which usually helps and it hasn't.
    I've nibbled soda crackers which usually helps and they aren't.
    I'm sipping peppermint tea and so far no relief.

It's most definetly indigestion and acid reflux-without going into detail, I know its that and not something else. I've been trying to keep my mind off of it, but I don't think I've ever had it this bad.

At this point, I really don't know what else to do. The Walgreens pharmicist told me not to take another previcid until my next scheduled dose.
    I can't lay down and go to sleep as laying down makes it worse.

I've tried every remedy I know and nothing has helped.
    Anyone have any suggestions.

I do know that even though they taste really, really good, I will never eat chicken/mango sausage again in this life.

I'm telling you that any ground poultry product seems to really make me sick. I don't know what it is. I can't eat ground turkey either. Can eat both turkey and chicken in other forms, but not ground. Ugh. I just want to go to bed and I can't.

Sorry to be so whiney, but its really uncomfortable and annoying and I'm extremely frustrated that nothing seems to be helping.

Have you tried baking soda and water? On the package there are instructions as to how much to put into the water, etc. Mr buglover gets the most horrible indigestion and that usually helps him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

IF you can , yes do the baking soda and water
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I usually go the Rolaids route myself but if I don't have any in the house, drinking a glass of milk seems to do the trick for me.
    CYA

MRD

Hitting myself on the head because I didn't think of the baking soda.

I did keep nibbling the soda crackers and it FINALLY went away. It was bad. One of the worst bouts I've had.

I will remember the baking soda and water. Hopefully there will NOT be a next time.

Those sausages were good, but not worth the problems afterwards. I cannot even eat anything remotely spicy now.

MRD - I'm glad that you're feeling better now. One thing, though. I noticed that you said you were sipping peppermint tea. I have acid reflux disease, and one of the things that I was told was a trigger that I needed to avoid was peppermint. I didn't quite believe it - I mean, I can understand that I need to avoid spicy food, caffeine, chocolate, etc., but peppermint? So I kept on eating my soft peppermints that I love, and I paid the price. I don't know how much peppermint is in peppermint tea, but could that be a trigger for you and be making it worse instead of better? Just a thought - peppermint might not affect you that way, but I just thought I'd mention it.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Chamomile tea is the way to go if treating it that way.

Natural Ways to Get Rid of Indigestion - Associated Content
    CYA

MRD

Thanks guys.

I had always heard that peppermint was a natural way to relieve indigestion, so Chrelsey that is very interesting. I think I will look into it further.
    I had chamomile tea here, I should have had some of that.

It was really horrible last night. Probably worst I've ever had. I will remember all these suggestions if there is a next time which I hope there is NOT.

+ Reply to Thread