+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree964Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Somehow knowing that other people know about our baby and our grief helps me. Each day is still so hard though.

Famita, my thoughts and prayers are with you too.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owlie;2824674;
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Somehow knowing that other people know about our baby and our grief helps me. Each day is still so hard though.
    owlie, will you be having a memorial for your baby? My friend had one when her baby died, and she said it was actually very cathartic and good for her family. I'm sure that whatever you do or don't do is what's best for your family. Again, my deepest condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2822291;
    I wanted to share with you my past week. I started back parttime last Monday. I was so happy to be out of the house. My youngest son came in and had the chore of telling me that my middle son had died in an accident on his way home to Georgia from visiting me to see how I was doing after the surgery. We did have a wonderful weekend. I happened to call him Sunday while he was on his frive home and told him that I loved him. I know he spoke to several other people after me. He apparently fell asleep on a curvy road in Tenn. I am devastated, but also at peace because he is home. We had a service that melded my church and his church and we celebrated his life. Many of his friends(28!) came up from Georgia and shared many stories about his life in Georgia. It was so comforting. We laughed, we cried. A few people told me afterward that it was the first time that they heard laughter at a funeral service. I said it was because I wanted a celebration because that was the kind of kid he was. Not perfect, but I was truly blessed to be able to have him in my life for 25 years.
    I have a request to ask that if any one is from the Little River area in Tenn. or Maryville, Tenn, could you please pm me and let me know how beautiful the area is? I don't know if I can ever visit there, but it might be a comfort.
    I do have blessings in my life, too. My older son is getting married in May. And I know tomorrow will be better and brighter than today, because today is better and brighter than yesterday.

OMG...famita, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart sank when i read this post. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, I am only a pm away. I have to say that you have a wonderful outlook on life. More of us should be like you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Owlie and famita, I'm so sorry to hear of your loses. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you through this tough time.

MRD

I just spoke with a very close friend of my dad's and his wife of 68 years passed away on Mon. I went to see them in Nov. and I'm so glad I did. We had such a nice visit. They were always such favorites of mine as a child.
    She was 90.
    But I have never seen a couple more devoted to each other and when I saw them in Nov. it just struck me how so much in love and how so devoted they were even after all those years of marriage.
    My heart just breaks for him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

MRD, I'm thinking of you. Isn't it a miracle in today's times that someone was married for 68 years! I'm sorry for your loss.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

myrosiedog, I just read your post. How awful for that gentleman to have lost the love of his life. And they say that there's no such thing as true love... They're wrong! I hope he is healing...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2834515;
    myrosiedog, I just read your post. How awful for that gentleman to have lost the love of his life. And they say that there's no such thing as true love... They're wrong! I hope he is healing...
    Quite honestly, despite the fact that he's in better health at 91 than I am at 45, I would not be surprised if he did not follow her shortly. He is more than devastated. He absolutely worshipped and adored her and is absolutely lost without her. I talked to their daughter yesterday and he is so depressed and he's never been a depressed man. He has always been the happiest, life of the party person. And to look at him, you'd NEVER know he's 91. He still drives, still drinks his scotch and smokes cigars and he walks 3 miles a day. He looks at least 25 years younger than he is. I was just floored when I saw them in Nov. as he is in fantastic health. I just hope he doesn't go soon. But the kind of love they had, its hard on the surviving spouse.

My inlaws were married 62 years, but it was NOT a loving marriage, not in the least. Not nearly like this one was. I just feel so sorry for him.

Thank you all for the kind words.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Famita & owlie, my heart just breaks for both of you. There is no greater pain than the loss of a child. Famita, you keep the "emotional" tucked away for as long as you need. The mind has a way of protecting us, and in the deepest part of you, you will know when to face the emotional. Owlie, sweetheart, stay as strong as you can manage. I wish you peace, and the promise of tomorrow.
    My thoughts and prayers, and my deepest condolences are with you both.

Roses, that sounds absolutely miserable. You are facing a mountain that not only do you feel you can't climb, but you feel like "who cares about the freakin' mountain, I don't want to climb it anyway!". But when the mountain has your name on it (Mt. Roses, by the way, sounds like a beautiful mountain), you really have little choice. And when the choices, good and bad, all suck, each in their own way, that's not much incentive for action, no matter how you choose to approach the mountain. I feel for you Roses. By all means let your PT know how he/she is coming across to you. Ask them to explain the frustration you see on their face. Your regiment may need to be re-evaluated. , Roses, I'm so sorry you are, and have been, in pain for many years, and have had to relinquish activities you love. That alone is enormous pain, and it does do a debilitating number on the "spirit". My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2835076;
    Quite honestly, despite the fact that he's in better health at 91 than I am at 45, I would not be surprised if he did not follow her shortly.
    We worried the same thing would happen to my grandfather when my grandma died. He was devistated. They had been married for 55 years and she was the love of his life. He was completely heartbroken. He ended up passing 3 years after she did.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread