+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1575Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Famita,
    My heartfelt condolences on such a devastating loss.
    Know that you and your family are in my prayers and will continue to be.
    I have no other words right now to express my feelings, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

famita,

I am so, so sorry to read your news. I'm glad you were able to celebrate your son's life at the service and what a wonderful tribute that so many of his friends from Georgia attended.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Famita. I'm so sorry.

I don't know the Maryville area well --I've been through there once -- but it's near the Smokies. The general region is beautiful; from what I recall, it was rolling hills, farmland, bordering on the Smoky Mountains. I hope that helps.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Famita I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I am glad the service brought you some comfort and that your son had many friends and was well loved.

Oh, Famita, I am so sorry for your loss. It is good that you are at pace with it. You are in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

famita, I am so sorry for your loss.

My memories of the Maryville, TN area are the same as Lucy's.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

famita, I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. You have my deepest condolences. It's such a testament to your son that so many people came together to celebrate his too brief time on this earth.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss famita. My condolences to you and your family. b I'm from Tennessee but I'm from middle Tennessee and like Lucy said Maryville is in the eastern portion, the foothills of the Smokey Mountains. I haven't been in that area in years but I do remember it as beautiful.

Oh dear, Famita, please add my consolences to the others above me, and know that you'll be in my prayers. I am so very sorry for your loss, and am incredibly amazed at your beautiful spirit in this difficult time.

In contrast to Famita's loss, I actually feel rather silly posting this now but I'm really struggling and feeling like I'm losing hope so here goes...

I'm normally a pretty private, upbeat gal, but I have to admit to going through some tough times here lately and I know Fort to be a wonderfully supportive, kind community and have decided to open up and seek advice. Has anyone here undergone intensive physical therapy for any length of time for a spine injury/surgery? If so, was it beneficial to you?

Nine years ago I had my first spinal fusion followed by two more which forced me to give up long-distance running, backpacking, and a slew of other outdoor physical activities I love. I'm basically an eternal optimist but have to admit to being challenged beyond belief right now just trying to stay positive. For years I've battled chronic pain but I've been determined to change how I define (and live) my life and have persevered having good days and bad. As the years have passed my pain has increased and since December, I've been going to physical therapy two to three times/week with a guy who is highly respected in the field. It leaves me hurting and exhausted, but hey, no pain no gain, right? But as the weeks/months have gone by I find myself beginning to suspect my therapist is slowly running out tricks, and that he's showing signs of frustration that I'm not one of those patients who is showing remarkable progress. I’m trying very hard not to get too discouraged or depressed/disappointed in the lack of improvement. I return to my spine orthopedist on 3/17 and have no idea what other thoughts he may have. I’ve stuck with this, doing everything he asks of me including special exercises on the days I don’t see him, which means I’m so depleted and achy all the time, I have trouble doing even the simplest of tasks. I feel I’ve given up a lot over the years, and now to have difficulty just getting through the day is immensely taxing on my spirit.

It occurred to me seeing my x-rays may help you to understand, so prepare to meet the bride of Frankenstein (and hey, check out those earrings, baby ).

So, has anyone here had any physical therapy stories they'd like to share?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Rose, have you ever been tested for fibromyalgia? I have a good friend who couldn't bear people touching her in therapy, massage or chiropractic care and would hurt for days after any of those treatments. She was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and has been on meds and shots for it. It takes a long time for the treatment to give any relief but she is hopeful.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread