+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2819440;
    CA, I don't envy you with those temps... at least it's March now, so spring should be on the way?
    Oh how I desperately hope so!! Though they're predicting all next week the temps are supposed to hover around the -10C mark. Yuck!!! Makes me want to hibernate.

MRD

Hubby left today for a week of work out of town. I HATE when he's gone. And tomorrow is our anniversary. No big deal, we usually dont' do a lot, but we've never been apart before on "our" day.
    We did do something nice yesterday (went out with the dogs to a covered bridge, did some hiking, picnicing and just had a great time as the weather was gorgeous) and the funny thing is that we both gave each other small, unexpected gifts that only cost $5. It was like we planned it that way even though we had planned to not do anything. I got a jar of homemade blackberry butter from this country store I love and I got him a hat pin for his military cap. It says: Grenada on it and he spent a lovely week there fighting Cubans in the early 80's (and rescuing American medical students). There has never been any kind of military campaign patch, ribbon, etc. for that. But I found a pin that has his unit insignia and the word grenada online and it was all of $5 including the shipping!
    So it was rather nice and unplanned and we both got what we wanted.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wanted to share with you my past week. I started back parttime last Monday. I was so happy to be out of the house. My youngest son came in and had the chore of telling me that my middle son had died in an accident on his way home to Georgia from visiting me to see how I was doing after the surgery. We did have a wonderful weekend. I happened to call him Sunday while he was on his frive home and told him that I loved him. I know he spoke to several other people after me. He apparently fell asleep on a curvy road in Tenn. I am devastated, but also at peace because he is home. We had a service that melded my church and his church and we celebrated his life. Many of his friends(28!) came up from Georgia and shared many stories about his life in Georgia. It was so comforting. We laughed, we cried. A few people told me afterward that it was the first time that they heard laughter at a funeral service. I said it was because I wanted a celebration because that was the kind of kid he was. Not perfect, but I was truly blessed to be able to have him in my life for 25 years.
    I have a request to ask that if any one is from the Little River area in Tenn. or Maryville, Tenn, could you please pm me and let me know how beautiful the area is? I don't know if I can ever visit there, but it might be a comfort.
    I do have blessings in my life, too. My older son is getting married in May. And I know tomorrow will be better and brighter than today, because today is better and brighter than yesterday.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

famita, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your devastating loss. I hope you hear from many people about Tennessee and that it helps ease your mind. Your son sounded like an awesome young man...Again, my deepest condolences for your loss.

I am so sorry for your devastating loss famita. My condolences to you and your family.

I am sorry for your loss famita. It does sound beautiful that you celebrated his life and that he had so many people who cared for him. My condolences to you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear of your terrible loss, famita. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. This is just another example of how we shouldn't take one second of time for granted because our life can be over in a minute. I am happy that you are at peace in your heart.

famita, my deepest sympathies. How wonderful so many of his friends came out to celebrate his life, and that you were able to get so much comfort and peace from that. Take care.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm sorry famita, your loss is indescribeable. The celebration of your son's life is a beautiful one. I send my condolences your way as well. Take as much care of yourself as you need.

Oh famita, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread