+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263646566671071575571057 ... LastLast
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey
    SurvivorGirl, I hope everything turns out okay for your family. Hang in there

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    They took an angeogram yesterday and they found one small (Thank God.) aneurysm. She's being moved to a different hospital and she's having a coiling procedure (today, I think) to fix it. The doctor said she was born with the weak blood vessel and things like that run in the family, so my mom, my sister, and me all have to get checked out for that to prevent any problems in the future. I got to talk to her on the phone yesterday. She told me not to worry about her and that she loved me.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Let's hope that the procedure goes well.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I am so stressed out right now. This year I wanted to figure out what I wanted to do for my career, so far I have one thing I really want to do but it costs a lot of money. It is video game editing and the business is booming right now. I am trying to save a ton of money for that, but I am going to splurge for the next 3 months, get the things I want then start saving up even more after my raise. The main struggle right now is figuring out what I want to do, but more importantly figure out what courses I can get into. It is 11:15 and I should be in bed but its stressing me out. Plus I have friends who always come to me with their problems with I am trying to figure out my own. I feel swamped with all of this. And for some reason I feel huge pressure to be a big success. But then again I like having a lot to deal with because otherwise life wouldn't be this fun and entertaining. I know I will figure it out, but I just felt like letting it all out. I am now done
    Clipse - I'm embarrassed about this, but I don't remember how old you are. (sorry)

Don't put so much pressure on yourself. I think the video game thing is a great idea! And I'm sure there is plenty of information about that here on the intranet.

There's really no rush - for example, I had no idea what I wanted to do regarding a career until, at 28, a job I had never even dreamed of fell right into my lap. Then at 31 I went back to school and finished my degree. Right after high school I got my associate's degree - and while I enjoyed it, I didn't get much out of it, and I really didn't know what to do with what I had learned. By the time I turned 30, I was ready to go back and finish my BS. By that time, I knew what I wanted and was much more interested in my classes and learned so much more than the youngsters.

Good luck in whatever area you choose - you'll be just fine!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    SurvivorGirl, I hope all turns out okay with your aunt and mom. Please remember, if you ever need to talk, I am only a pm away. Keep us posted on their conditions
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Thanks Combat.

The hospital is delaying things a lot. My aunt was supposed to have the procedure done yesterday. Then they said they were going to move her first thing in the morning today and have the procedure done immediately. Now they're moving her at about noon and waiting for the procedure for God knows how long. I'm pretty sure she'll be okay because they're giving her medicine to stop the bleeding. And according to my mom, she's being her regular self, she's feeling fine, and she's tired of being in bed. I really thought it was going to be a lot worse than this because my grandma and my great-grandpa both died of aneurysms. And I'm thankful that she's doing as well as she is.

My mom hasn't ever had any problems with this sort of thing, but she's going to get checked out. She (and the rest of the family) was really worried about my aunt, but now she's feeling a lot better.

But I really wish that the procedure was being done another day, because it's the fifth anniversary of when my grandma died of an aneurysm. That's sort of creepy.

O.K. me again....I had cosmetic surgery a week ago (something i had been looking into for ages) and as luck would have it, I ended up getting a rare a complication. I am bawling here like a baby and really scared cuz it takes more surgery to correct it.

Just needed my FORT friends to lean on at this time

Oh, Eva - My thoughts and prayers are with you. Its perfectly understandable to be scared, but you must realize that as difficult as it must be, knowing is better than not knowing. At least the complication has been detected, and can now be corrected. I will be thinking about you, and wish you all the very best.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Eva, my thoughts and prayers are with you. If you ever need someone to talk to, just pm me
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh Eva, I am so sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Do you know when the second surgery will be yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Oh Eva, I am so sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Do you know when the second surgery will be yet?

Thanks everyone *hugs*

No, Mariner, I'll know more tomorrow, I have have an appt with my doctor in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread