+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1481Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm normally cold - except for those hot flashes! So I'm either really cold or really hot. There's just no happy medium for me.

Well we're having a cold snap here it's supposed to get down into the 40's.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

You know, I've always been thin and have always been cold. BUT, I've gained some weight over the years. I'm still thin, but not AS thin. But I'm still as cold--if not colder--than I've always been. Shouldn't I be less cold?

I think it has a lot to do with our activity level. When younger, I played sports and was always on the go. As an adult, I sit at my desk working and then do some chores, make dinner, etc. but really no serious action. My circulation isn't anywhere near where it was even 5 years ago.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2817197;
    You know, I've always been thin and have always been cold. BUT, I've gained some weight over the years. I'm still thin, but not AS thin. But I'm still as cold--if not colder--than I've always been. Shouldn't I be less cold?
    If you haven't gained enough to at least be ' chunky', I don't think it works. Speaking strictly for myself of course--I only notice the extra warmness when I'm a good bit over 200 Otherwise I still need a good jacket to go with my blubber one. Right now haven't worn more than a hoodie all winter, except for I think one day when it was 16 degrees.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I think its different for everyone. I know people that are always hot or always cold and it doesn't matter what body size they are.
    And a lot of things affect your internal thermostat too. I have heard that some antidepressants can have an effect on that. Hormones also wreck havoc with us. I'm just resigned to being cold forever.

I was never, ever in my life cold and now I just freeze. I try to keep the thermostate on a reasonable setting. I wear flannel pj's or sweats, socks, slippers and a sweater at home and I have blankets for watching tv. I look like I'm prepared for the blizzard and my daughter is running around barefoot and in shorts.

I used to say I'd rather be cold than hot because I can do stuff to warm up (more clothes, blankets, hot drinks, get in my bed and turn up the heater to the highest setting), but I can't take off enough clothes to get cool when I'm hot. But I have gotten to the p oint where I actually shiver if I get too cold. And my bathroom is THE coldest place on earth, I swear. I hate having to go in there as I know I am going to freeze. It's not so bad when the shower is on generating steam, but the middle of the night trip is the worst. I swear our toilet seat is made out of ice.

Shay I heard where there's a freeze warning for Florida down past Orlando.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sometimes I wish that I had the internal furnace of my teenage son. I insist that he wear a coat and gloves to school when it is 10F or less (including wind chill) or if it is snowing heavily. Today it was in the mid 20s and snowing lightly and he just wore a hoodie.

We keep our house pretty cool in the winter, 65F, so I bundle up. Cuddl Duds make a wonderfully warm, but lightweight thermal underwear. Not like the long johns of the past!!!! Since swimsuits are already on the shelves, they probably aren't available any more this season.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2818200;

I was never, ever in my life cold and now I just freeze. I try to keep the thermostate on a reasonable setting. I wear flannel pj's or sweats, socks, slippers and a sweater at home and I have blankets for watching tv. I look like I'm prepared for the blizzard and my daughter is running around barefoot and in shorts.

I used to say I'd rather be cold than hot because I can do stuff to warm up (more clothes, blankets, hot drinks, get in my bed and turn up the heater to the highest setting), but I can't take off enough clothes to get cool when I'm hot. But I have gotten to the p oint where I actually shiver if I get too cold. And my bathroom is THE coldest place on earth, I swear. I hate having to go in there as I know I am going to freeze. It's not so bad when the shower is on generating steam, but the middle of the night trip is the worst. I swear our toilet seat is made out of ice.
    I've gotten to the point where I actually enjoy turning just the HOT on on the tap and running my hands/arms under it so they get really warm. I was like you. I always would say I'd rather be cool than warm. But now I think I'd just like to be regular! Haha. At least now, I won't be always saying "I'm so hot, it's so hot" blah blah blah in normal temp rooms.

Our weather is certainly not helping either. It's been just below freezing this week, but today with the windchill it's near -20C. Tomorrow it's supposed to be above 0 (C) at +4C, but then Sunday, it's supposed to be -12C again. Like really, can't the weather just cooperate now?!

I have the hot/cold problem as well, but I'm not even consistent. Some days I'm freezing in a fleece and thin sweater, others I've got my sleeves rolled up and I'm fanning myself... in the same week! I really don't get why either, especially in winter.

When I'm cold, I'm a big fan of leaving the oven on a little longer than necessary after I cook dinner, then opening the door and standing in front of it.

CA, I don't envy you with those temps... at least it's March now, so spring should be on the way?

MRD

I cannot live without my heated mattress pad (Walmart). I crank my side up to "hot as hell" and I crawl in there and get warm. The dog likes it too.

But I highly reccomend one of these. Better than an electric blanket. I even turn mine own in summer as I hate icy sheets.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread