+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2809639;
    When my baby had bronchiolitis before Christmas, the nurses made me fill up a syringe (no needle!) with saline solution, put the baby on the side and shoot the solution up one nostril, then up the other. It definitely cleared his sinuses. I always thougth about doing it on myself, but it doesn't seem too pleasant.
    That's approximately what the neti pot does, desertrose, only you turn your head sideways and pour the warm saline in one nostril, and it runs out the other. It sounds and looks awful, but it really does feel good. With this horrible mess I have, it only helps 'some', but in general it helps a lot with normal sinus and allergy irritation when done daily.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Yesterday while I was in work my one of my nurses took me to the ER because I had a hard time breathing, and it didn't help matters when some of my co-workers started to gather around me asking me questions. Like are you ok? Can you breathe?

When I got downstairs to the ER a Nurse who knew about emergency medicine came up to me and started to calm me down. They did my vitals, asked me questions, and then they gave me a breathing treatment. After that I went and had a chest x-ray done, which showed that my lungs were clear. It turned out that I have Bronchitis and now I'm on meds and have a few days off.

Sorry to hear that ShayboII. I hope you get rest and get better soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2809590;
    Lucy, the Neti pot is really not so much for when you are already sick, it's more preventative. But for cold viruses, I'd think it's ineffective. I use mine every day and it really helps with allergies and sinus irritation, but right now I've got the cold from hell. I'll go back to neti-ing daily when the cold clears up clears up, as pollen season is right around the corner, and that's what I find the pot useful for.
    Yeah, you're probably right, about the Neti pot not being for colds. After I kick this one, I'm going to try it when I'm healthy and see what it does then. At the least it seems to add moisture back into my sinuses, which is hard to do with dry indoor winter heat.

Veejer, it seemed to temporarily relieve sinus pressure in part of my head, although it didn't seem like it did further away from my nose, if that makes any sense.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Rest up, shaybo. I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2811467;
    Yeah, you're probably right, about the Neti pot not being for colds. After I kick this one, I'm going to try it when I'm healthy and see what it does then. At the least it seems to add moisture back into my sinuses, which is hard to do with dry indoor winter heat.

Veejer, it seemed to temporarily relieve sinus pressure in part of my head, although it didn't seem like it did further away from my nose, if that makes any sense.
    Try taking a hot shower and see about getting a vaporizer for your house. If that doesn't work make an appointment with your Dr. and see about getting tougher meds. You might have a sinus infection.

I'm sorry to hear that you are also sick ShayboII and Schmoo. Get well soon!

My troubles is that two of my burners sparked and died on my stove. And I didn't have any of those little things to replace them with. My sweetie was over and the two burners I had left to cook on work terrible. I had to rely on my Foreman Grill and microwave. I need a new stove. That was not in this year's budget.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2814330;
    I'm sorry to hear that you are also sick ShayboII and Schmoo. Get well soon!

My troubles is that two of my burners sparked and died on my stove. And I didn't have any of those little things to replace them with. My sweetie was over and the two burners I had left to cook on work terrible. I had to rely on my Foreman Grill and microwave. I need a new stove. That was not in this year's budget.
    I'm sorry to hear about your stove.

FORT Fanatic

I currently have 3 layers of clothing on and hopefully I will get warm soon! Drinking hot beverages is not warming me up so maybe I will curl up on the couch with the heating pad turned up or maybe a hot bath might work!

There was a fire in one of the hydro tunnels in my area shortly before 3:00pm yesterday afternoon so I was without electricity and heat till about 5:00am this morning. Of course there is a extreme cold weather alert for the area! Currently the temperature is -10 Celsius (14F) with a wind chill of -20 Celsius (-4F) and the temperatures are droppping lower tonight!

My cat doesn't help as he keeps wanting to go out on the balcony (scratching and meowing at the sliding door) but when I open the door he runs away because it is too cold and windy for him! Ugh I hate winter!

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;2814802;
    I currently have 3 layers of clothing on and hopefully I will get warm soon! Drinking hot beverages is not warming me up so maybe I will curl up on the couch with the heating pad turned up or maybe a hot bath might work!

There was a fire in one of the hydro tunnels in my area shortly before 3:00pm yesterday afternoon so I was without electricity and heat till about 5:00am this morning. Of course there is a extreme cold weather alert for the area! Currently the temperature is -10 Celsius (14F) with a wind chill of -20 Celsius (-4F) and the temperatures are droppping lower tonight!

My cat doesn't help as he keeps wanting to go out on the balcony (scratching and meowing at the sliding door) but when I open the door he runs away because it is too cold and windy for him! Ugh I hate winter!
    OOOOO BRRRRRR. I feel for you.

+ Reply to Thread