+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Well I went to work today. Still feel kind of strange but it pays the bills. I go for my physical in April so that gives me a month to be good and maybe get some things under control.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Glad you made it into work today gabriel. I'm still working from home. I just took a venture out into the cold to go get dinner prep for tonight. Just driving there and getting out has made me very tired. I did get almost 5 hours of sleep last night so it's on the up swing.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mr. Melitta had something get a hold of him last month and for two weeks he couldn't shake it. Aching, sneezing, coughing, runny nose and just plain feeling like crud. I bought him some Thera Flu and put two spoonfuls of honey in it. Anyone who has taken Thera Flu knows it tastes like crap. One drink and hubby says, "Mmm, this is good." Next morning he felt better. Did a repeat that night and by the 3rd day Mr. Melitta was good as new again. I had been reading that honey has really nice healing benefits, so I thought it couldn't hurt to put the Thera Flu and honey together. For Mr. Melitta it seem to work like a charm. Guess I should also say that we had tried Thera Flu by itself and no results.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Nice Melitta. I have a huge jar of honey here. I may make myself some tea with some honey tonight.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thera Flu is usually what works for me. That and Alka Seltzer Cold Plus are the only things I take. I also got a terrible cold/flu bug last week. I took the Alka Seltzer first and it didn't help. I took the Thera Flu and got better quickly.

Thera Flu is great stuff - it always makes me feel better. Hubby is feeling much better also. He can't go back to work until Friday, but he was much more like his normal self last night, so I know he's feeling better.

Thera Flu or Alka Seltzer usually works first time on Mr. Melitta, but whatever he had last month the Thera Flu by itself just didn't cut it. The article I was reading about honey said to use it instead of cough medicine, especially in kids. It is suppose to help coat the throat better, keep the cough away longer and tastes much better. It had quite a few benefits, not just for cough, but just adding it to Thera Flu really seemed to help. I am trying to cut back on my sugar intake, so I am adding honey to my coffee in place of sugar. Ummm, it isn't bad. I am just waiting to see if I start going into sugar withdrawls. Ha,ha!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

MRD

If you find a way to train cats to clean, I hope it will help train dogs to do the same thing.
    I think I'm getting what my daughter had. I hope not. I thought it was because I spent 4 hours breathing sand at the museum (I taught 4 classes of 3rd graders yesterday and we do an "archeological" dig with them which involves giant boxes filled with sand and Native American artifacts). At one point the musuem classroom looked like that scene from the Mummy when the sand storm attacks as this sand cloud was hanging over the entire classroom. I need a gas mask when we do this activity. My throat and nose were raw when I got home and I really thought it was the sand.
    But this morning, I not only still have that, but I'm kind of achy and really, really, really cold. I so wanted to NOT get sick.

I hope the rest of you are better.

Honey has GREAT healing properties. You can also use it on cuts as it has great healing and antibacterial properties.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hope you're feeling better soon, MRD. Lots and lots of fluids and rest - and don't forget the Thera Flu!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2805220;
    I hope you're feeling better soon, MRD. Lots and lots of fluids and rest - and don't forget the Thera Flu!
    I'm sending out for some today. I've never tried it, but if it works for so many of you, then I'm going to try it. WITH the honey.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread