+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162636465661061565561056 ... LastLast
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I've been working for/with the same guy for 12 years now. We got along well in the very beginning, but since then, it's been a steep decline. Luckily, he's a spaz and has started various offshoot ventures over the years that take him out of my hair. As of next month though, he's moving all operations back to the store I manage. He knows I can't stand to be around him and we've talked about how to work together effectively. Trouble is, he is who he is despite his best intentions. Control freak, micro-manager, bi-polar, hyperactive nutcase. This last week was the first time I've worked whole days with him in three years and it's all coming back to me. The tension headaches, having all my decisions no matter how minor, second-guessed and over-ridden, putting up with his glass half-empty perspective on everything. We're talking about selling used books here, not running a world bank. I'm a bit stuck because I own something like 5000 books in this store, and make a pretty good income. So leaving has it's logistical and financial downside. In the last three days working together, he and I have averaged about a fight and half per day. I just don't know if I can make it. My fiancee started a website for my books over the summer, and the sales are picking up slowly there. And I've thought about moving the rest of my stock to a few antique malls. There's just no easy decision here. I'm afraid I'm going to prematurely age myself and have a nervous breakdown if I spend too many more years around this jerk.

I dont think you should have to deal with this guy. I dont have much more advice that a 13 year old like me could give you, except to try and make it seem like you DONT wanna have a nervous breakdown, and know that you wont always have to deal with him. Hopefully you will be able to move on without this guy.

Cory

weathergirl, I like you! I don't think you'll have any problems later in life-just maintain that sense of humor!
    MarlaD, I feel for you. I worked for a peach of a guy for 12 years that just retired last month and his replacement is driving me up the wall. He micromanages like you wouldn't believe. After hiring me just because I worked for the other guy, he had no idea what my qualifications were. When I informed him not only was I one of the best service reps, I could also do payroll, acct rec/pay and bookkeeping, he didn't believe me. He told me I could continue selling and servicing. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather! That was a major "DUH"! What I am doing is quietly getting my resume together and hopefully will be moving by this summer. It's a shame you can't compromise!

So I just need to vent a little, I've already vented a little to a coworker in an email...

Today I found out that the Saturday girl wants to change her job, and probably take mine. I work Mon-Fri and she works the Saturday (which is all she wanted when she applied). She was never ever willing to work any other day then Saturday and made that very clear. I've even covered her Saturdays atleast 3 times... (which made me work 6 days in a row - not fun).

I don't feel like I should be nervous, because I'm sure my boss will say no to her taking any of my position over... but I can't help but feel nervous and like I'm going to have to give up this job I love... I think eventually its up to the realtors when they decide in their meetings, and I know I have almost all the realtors on my side... and plus the big boss seems to really like me, and he doesn't even seem to know the other one works here. But still I just have such a bad feeling about this. Thanks for reading.

Hang in there 13 times. If your boss knows what a good job you do, you shouldn't have any problem.

Glitter - As an HR professional I agree with cadcummings. Document what is going on. Include any witnesses to any of the harrassments and take it to HR. They can help. I have done many investigations along these lines. That is what they are there for.

Thanks Buckeyegal.

So quick update - my boss told her to take a hike. Plus she wanted $12.50 an hour (someone who works 1 day, on a very slow day with very easy tasks). Our conveyancing secretary only makes $15, who has been here for 8 years... so that makes no sense. She'll probably quit now, but oh well.

i like your boss. lol. arent you glad he told her to take a hike? she has to be responsible with her job...and she wasnt. at least it doesnt seem like she was.

cory

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    weathergirl, I like you! I don't think you'll have any problems later in life-just maintain that sense of humor!
    Thank you very much. I am glad to know I have a sense of humor. .

Cory

I am so stressed out right now. This year I wanted to figure out what I wanted to do for my career, so far I have one thing I really want to do but it costs a lot of money. It is video game editing and the business is booming right now. I am trying to save a ton of money for that, but I am going to splurge for the next 3 months, get the things I want then start saving up even more after my raise. The main struggle right now is figuring out what I want to do, but more importantly figure out what courses I can get into. It is 11:15 and I should be in bed but its stressing me out. Plus I have friends who always come to me with their problems with I am trying to figure out my own. I feel swamped with all of this. And for some reason I feel huge pressure to be a big success. But then again I like having a lot to deal with because otherwise life wouldn't be this fun and entertaining. I know I will figure it out, but I just felt like letting it all out. I am now done

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'm just in shock now.

My aunt, who I'm really close to, had an aneurysm or something. She's fine for now, but I'm just really scared. She had a CAT scan and there was bleeding in her brain. They don't know the source of it, so she's having an MRI tomorrow. I'm really scared because I don't know if she's going to be okay, and it runs in the family, so I'm worried about it happening to my mom because my aunt's just two years older than her. My mom promised to look into getting scanned for it before it happens. I'm just really scared.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    SurvivorGirl, I hope all turns out well for your mom & your aunt. Even though I'm now in my 30s, any time the health of either one of my parents is threatened in any way, I turn into a little 5 year old, a blubbering worry wort. And more often than not, everything works out o.k. so keep thinking positive and keep on your mom to get checked out. As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Clipse, I hear ya! Some of my friends are so used to me being their "therapist" that I sometimes feel that I can't get a word in to voice my troubles! :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread