+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1774Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I got stuck in the end of the driveway and got into work all full of my woes and found out a co-worker's 20-year-old son (my son's age) had been killed when he got out of his car to help a woman whose car had flipped over. Put my problems in perspective FAST! I want to call my son, but he wouldn't appreciate being woken up.
    Count your blessings!

I always find that when I get burdened down with my own problems, something like that comes along and I realize that I have absolutely nothing to complain about. There was a story in the news around here a couple of days ago about a 17 year old boy who was driving with his sister in the car. He tried to pass on a double-yellow line, lost control, and rammed into a tree. He was airlifted, and his sister was killed. I showed the article to my 17 year old so he can see what happens if he doesn't pay attention to what he's doing. What a tragedy. That poor kid will have to live with that for the rest of his life.

There but for the grace of God go I . . .

mrd- have you tried playing music or something? When hubby and I first got married he worked nights and at that time I didn't have a job, so I couldn't get to sleep because he wasn't there and before that I lived with my parents, so I was used to having people around. So what I did was I'd turn on the stereo or tv and that would get me to sleep.

Gutmutter: So sorry to hear of your plumbing problems. Awful to deal with.

With respect to the SAD lights, there are many you can get online. I would try a medical supply store or health food store. Planet Organic and a nice little portable one that I'm thinking about. It's called the Litebook Elite. Light Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder, Jet Lag, and Shift Work

myrosiedog: I just started taking something that is supposed to help regulate your blood sugar levels. It's called PGX Daily from Natural Factors. It lowers the glycemic index of meals by up to 50%. It reduces food cravings, lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels. And it contains no stimulants. I've just started so I can't tell if there is a difference yet. Check it out. Natural Factors.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2794163;
    I got stuck in the end of the driveway and got into work all full of my woes and found out a co-worker's 20-year-old son (my son's age) had been killed when he got out of his car to help a woman whose car had flipped over. Put my problems in perspective FAST! I want to call my son, but he wouldn't appreciate being woken up.
    yes those things have a way of making our problems seem minor. If I were you I would have called the son just to say "I Love You" and I'm sure he would have appreciated it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2794900;
    yes those things have a way of making our problems seem minor. If I were you I would have called the son just to say "I Love You" and I'm sure he would have appreciated it.
    The plumber fixed the pipe, I bought and installed a new sump pump, and I called both my son and my daughter (at a more reasonable hour) and told them I loved them. My heart just won't stop aching for that poor, poor woman. What she must be going through right now. Count your blessings, everyone.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2794731;
    mrd- have you tried playing music or something? When hubby and I first got married he worked nights and at that time I didn't have a job, so I couldn't get to sleep because he wasn't there and before that I lived with my parents, so I was used to having people around. So what I did was I'd turn on the stereo or tv and that would get me to sleep.
    We sleep with lite jazz on every night. I can't stand to have the tv on, but we both like the music. I slept a LOT better last night. I think I will eventually get used to it. I may not like getting used to it, but I think it will get easier. I guess. Maybe. Possibly.

Gut, sorry to hear about your plumbing problems and about your friends son. I do count my blessings as often as possible and I try to tell those I love that I love them as often as possible. My heart goes out to that poor woman. I have a friend that lost her 16 year old daughter 4 years ago today. She hates Valentine's day as you can imagine and has had a difficult few weeks because she says its on tv, and the stores and everywhere she looks. I don't think that is something you truly ever get over. My heart breaks for everyone that has had a loss like that.

Miss Kitty, thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it. I hate to brag but my cholestrol and trigliceride levels are actually the BEST thing about my health. My cholesterol is 120!
    But I've got to get the blood sugar regulated. I did a LOT better with it today, but I also slept a lot better last night too. I think that helped a lot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I found out some more info those of you in Cali may want to know. A friend of mine at work received a new debit visa from Bank of America because there had been a third party compromise in their system. Basically someone hacked into the system and debit bank card numbers could have/may have been seen by people who shouldn't see them. That could explain why some joe schmo got my visa check card number and created a visa with his name on it and bought 3000 dollars worth of urinals and plumbing supplies!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Re: Talk about your troubles - OY VEY

I don't believe it. Once or twice a year I get a dreadful cold/flu and I usually sleep it out over a weekend maybe miss one day of work. Today I go to work and I leave because I feel so crappy. Sneezing, dry itchy throat, warm, cold, eyes hurt you name it. This winter I have had this like 3 or 4 times. This was the FIRST YEAR I GOT A FLU SHOT. Next year FORGET IT. So Joey is staying in the bedroom in the sun, since my sneezing bothers him, and I am sitting/laying on the couch watching tv/dozing in a blanket, sweats.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, gabriel. Drink plenty of fluids, stay warm, and get lots and lots of sleep. Oh, and lots of loving from Joey!

+ Reply to Thread