+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm really having a hard time controlling my blood sugar today. It's bouncing all over the place. Mainly bouncing DOWN. I have a call in to my dr. But I feel really rotten and shaky. I've eaten what I'm supposed to be eating for it and nothing has helped.
    I need to go run errands, but as long as I feel shaky and slightly dizzy, there is no way I'm driving.

I'm thinking I may have to go to the endcrinologist that my dr. has mentioned. This is the 3rd time in about 10 days that I've lost control of it.
    And I have not eaten anything sugary. I've been trying to stick with protien and complex carbs.

Argh, just need to get this under control because I just can't seem to function on days its doing this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd- sorry to hear about your blood sugar. Can one of your neighbors run errands for you? Or maybe take you to run errands?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2793121;
    mrd- sorry to hear about your blood sugar. Can one of your neighbors run errands for you? Or maybe take you to run errands?
    I decided that none of my errands are that urgent and I will just take it easy. I seem to have finally gotten it somewhat under control at the moment. It's just really annoying when it gets like this. It just spikes and drops, spikes and drops. My doctor reccomended that I take a half dose of my anxiety medication to see if that might help and it has. What is happening is that when the blood sugar bottoms out, it triggers an anxiety attack which then doesn't help the blood sugar problem.

My daughter is here if I need anything, but she can't drive. Still she's been a great help this afternoon.

You just relax and take it easy. Keep us posted.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I'm feeling much better. My daughter made dinner. Well she thawed out a frozen casserole I had and we ate that and I feel MUCH better now. But I think I'm really going to have to break down and go to the endocrinologist. The dietician and I are playing phone tag. I had been doing really well just by diet, but today I could NOT get it under control through diet alone.

Part of it I think is sleep deprivation. Since hubby's been gone, I have not slept well. At least last night I was not the subject of doggy fights over who was going to sleep next to me. Rosie's mad (I think at my husband for not being here, but she's taking it out on everyone and ignoring everyone-she is so catlike) and she slept on his side of the bed with her back to me and Bogie. Once she was out of the way, Bogie settled into his spot and we all slept reasonably well. I'm just not sleeping REAL well. I don't know if I'm ever going to get used to this. He's going to be gone a lot in the next year and I do fine during the day, but night is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2793298;
    I'm feeling much better. My daughter made dinner. Well she thawed out a frozen casserole I had and we ate that and I feel MUCH better now. But I think I'm really going to have to break down and go to the endocrinologist. The dietician and I are playing phone tag. I had been doing really well just by diet, but today I could NOT get it under control through diet alone.

Part of it I think is sleep deprivation. Since hubby's been gone, I have not slept well. At least last night I was not the subject of doggy fights over who was going to sleep next to me. Rosie's mad (I think at my husband for not being here, but she's taking it out on everyone and ignoring everyone-she is so catlike) and she slept on his side of the bed with her back to me and Bogie. Once she was out of the way, Bogie settled into his spot and we all slept reasonably well. I'm just not sleeping REAL well. I don't know if I'm ever going to get used to this. He's going to be gone a lot in the next year and I do fine during the day, but night is the worst.

More than likely you'll get so used to this, you'll become restless when he';s there.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2793354;
    More than likely you'll get so used to this, you'll become restless when he';s there.
    Well I have to say the house has stayed a lot cleaner.

myrosiedog - It does sound the sleep deprivation is affecting your blood sugar levels (and probably the anxiousness of missing your hubby, too). My grandma used to have the same problem whenever she didn't get a good night's sleep.

Gutmutter - Forgive the cliche, but when it rains it pours. I hope you have a disaster free thursday.

Awww mrd I'm sorry you are going throug that.

For my issue, the bank is giving me a temp credit for the charge against my bank account so I have funds to pay my bills. I've talked to several of my co-workers and a few of them have had similar issues where the bank has tried to sue them for the funds... I'll let you know if they go after me for something I didn't do.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2793949;
    Awww mrd I'm sorry you are going throug that.

For my issue, the bank is giving me a temp credit for the charge against my bank account so I have funds to pay my bills. I've talked to several of my co-workers and a few of them have had similar issues where the bank has tried to sue them for the funds... I'll let you know if they go after me for something I didn't do.
    I'm glad your bank is working with you. I'm sorry you are having to go through this though because it is a pain in the rear.

I'm just thinking that if I was going to be an identity thief, I wouldn't be buying $3000 worth of toilet paper. (not that I'm going to do that, but still). I keep flashing back to those OLD Citi Bank commercials where the guy in the wifebeater has been a victim and he is talking in a Valley Girl voice about a leather bustier for $700. "But it lifts and separates."

I think its Citi bank now that alerts you if someone tries to spend over a certain amount on your card at the time the charge is going through or attempting to go through.

+ Reply to Thread