+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2009Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

He doesn't seem so smart I agree! He didn't even steal my identity, just the card number. He has a card with my number and his own name which he signed and showed an ID for. I'm sure the ID and name are fake too, but if he's that desperate to build a public toilet...........lmao!
    Yup, with donuts!!

That is so scary, buglover. I hope everything works out O.K.

This is the 3rd instance of identity theft I've heard of this month. It's like a freaking epidemic.

Mr buglover had his entire identity stolen years ago. They created a bank account with some old lady's account number and his name and address and bought 10000 worth of stuff before it was figured out. He had to call all the places and explain it wasn't him, etc. No one does anything for this, not even the police department. It's very sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I woke up last night and heard a constant drip, drip, drip sound coming from the heat vent from the basement so I went down to investigate and found a leak in a hot water pipe over the woodstove. The dirt floor was all wet so I don't know how long it has been leaking. I tried to fix it with Press 'n' Seal under duct tape. The Press 'n' Seal was a bad idea (midnight is not my best thinking time) so I will have to go back when it's light out and rip that off and just try duct tape. It is a small copper pipe. Will duct tape work or am I going to have to call a plumber? What is something like that going to cost me? Any ball park guesses? We have no school today (snow, ice, eventually rain). Blech and phooey.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - Duct tape will not work. You need a plumber to cut out that section and do a repair. It would probably cost you around 150.00-300.00 but you could ask around. A stop gap measure for you might be to go to a hardware store and see if they have either of the things I have attached below. Good luck, keep me posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks gabriel. I kind of figured that. These are the kinds of things that make the debate of owning/renting so difficult. I love owning my own home but I hate it when things go wrong. I'm pretty much clueless.
    Count your blessings!

Double-posting to say that a local plumber will be here tomorrow (at $60/hr. but this seems like a pretty simple, standard repair). Also I checked on the Press 'n' Seal/duct tape mend and it's holding! I think I'll leave it for now and copying gabriel's hardware illustration, will replace it with a popped exercise band and some twist ties (and maybe some more Press 'n' Seal) right before he comes so he doesn't have to charge me for trying to get that stuff off. Would a utility knife harm the copper if I sliced through with that or should I risk gumming up my little sewing scissors to cut through it?
    Count your blessings!

Steel is harder than copper, so theoretically you could damage the pipe with scissors or a utility knife. In practice, you'd be hard-pressed to press that hard.
    I love mangling the lanugage like that
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Heh. With a utility knife I'd be cutting into the pipe, but with scissors I'd be cutting along the pipe with the back of the cutting blade facing the pipe.
    Count your blessings!

Double posting again! I guess I'm having a troublesome day. I tried to shovel but the torrential rain on top of ice on top of snow is not something you can shovel. I freed the sump pump hose and went to the flooding basement to turn on the sump pump and it chose today to die. Excuse me while I go in a corner and sob.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread