+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I had the opposite thing happen. I deposited a check for four digits into a business account and someone screwed up and keyed it in as a seven digit deposit. So for three days I had over a million dollars in the account. I had no idea until I got my monthly account statement. For weeks, every time I went to the bank whatever teller I got would say "Whoa, someone really screwed up, huh?"

Buglover, can you call the mortgage company and basically make them reverse the charge?
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I went to the bank and got the name of the business. Apparently they attempted a charge for 2749 last week and it was denied. This will be the second charge from them and now it's pending so it might get kicked back, it might get paid. It is a home improvement place that I've never been to but I don't know if I should call them and tell them or not. Maybe they are in on it?
    Yup, with donuts!!

giving them the benefit of the doubt -
    they may have been given a bad account number, or miskeyed that in.

I would call them immediately and find out what is going on.

I'm on the phone with them now. Someone is buying toilet supplies for a public restroom with my card. Oy vey it looks like someone has stolen my identity. Ack!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I totally agree buglover call them up and tell them what happened.

The merchant is going to call me back right now. I've cancelled my account at the bank and am being re-issued a new card. I've checked all other accounts and there is no activity on them. I'm going to look up my credit report too. Worst case scenario, someone made a card with my number in their name so their ID would work with it. It's just strange because it looks like it's a business related expense.
    Yup, with donuts!!

If you think about it, buglover, you're actually really lucky your bank account dropped to zero or it might have been a while before you noticed anything wrong. Good luck with getting everything straightened out.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

How scary for you, buglover. Keep your eye on it to make sure they don't have anything else. Heck, I would probably call the other card companies and cancel those accounts to get a new number just to be safe.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Well I just spoke with the merchant's accountant. It was a man and the card and his ID name matched. So it was a bogus card with someone else's name on it. They have his signature but it sucks for them because he already took the $3000 worth of product from the store. I'm going to call the bank and give them all the information like the accountant's name and let them handle it. Hopefully by Thursday they will put my measly balance back in so I can buy a valentine!
    Yup, with donuts!!

So, somebody stole your ID on purpose to buy public restroom supplies? I know it sucks to have this happen, but it made me laugh. Sounds like he isn't brightest bulb in the lamp.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread