+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I know light therapy is used in instances where individuals have SAD. It's effective for some. I don't see how extra lights would hurt, Gut.

MRD

We've had two gorgeous sunny days and I have spent time out in the sun on both of them. I know that when its cloudy, I get more down. But this weekend has been glorious weatherwise. I'm down because I hate sleeping alone and I hate when my husband isn't home. I have this odd need to know that EVERYONE is safe under the same roof at night or I don't sleep well.

I think that just being achy with the FM and the thought of being lonely this week has me down today.

I do hear those SAD lights work really well. I have no idea where you'd find one though.
    I turn on ALL the lights in the house and light scented candles on those gloomy days and I find that does help me quite a bit. That and upbeat music.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wanted to say thanks again to everyone that posted and PM'D me. I so appreciate it.

Miss Kitty, I hope you are feeling better!

Anyway, I'd like to put each person's name to thank in bold but, I said before I am on a crappy computer. I was a computer tech once.....almost makes me laugh at how much I don't know anymore.

Okay I don't want to hit the back button but, I think it was Gutmutter...I'm not sure who wrote about SAD. One of my friends swears by one of those lights made for it. He gets depressed a couple of months during the winter. He has a portable one and says he feels much better since using it. One of my girlfriends got very depressed every January like clockwork. She got a (I'm working and on here at the same time so my brain is fried)
    the thingy in your car so you have light LOL

She goes out for lunch everyday and swears that has changed her life. She gets terrible migraines and they are not as bad as they used to be.

I think we all need a certain amount of sunshine.

For lack of a better word, it sucks here (massachusetts) right now.

I might just go buy one of those lights.

Maybe I should buy a few.

Hope everyone is well.

Gabriel you are very sweet. Thanks.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

- The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I haven't tried the lights, but I really have to say that music can really affect my mood and when I'm kind of down, I put on upbeat, catchy music and before I know it, I'm singing along and dancing around. I honestly can say that music makes a big difference for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. My back is getting better but very touchy. Shovelling a bit of snow yesterday didn't help.

I really think that SAD lights work and work well. I've been thinking of getting one for years. Luckily, they are getting smaller and more portable than 10 years ago when they were huge and took up an entire tabletop! I've also mentioned them to my twin sinister as she works in an office with no window in a hotel and mall and rarely knows what kind of weather is outside. She is actually considering it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty - any clue where to get the portable ones? Are they generic enough yet that Walmart of Aubuchon's would have them (our only local stores) or am I looking in catalogs and internet? What about just a full-spectrum lightbulb?
    Count your blessings!

Here's my trouble for the day. I logged in to my banking online and have a balance of 0. I freaked out and looked it up. There's a pending charge for over 3000 dollars from some mortgage company. I called the bank and basically they can't do anything about it until it kicks the charge back to the merchant. I was livid! They told me it is most likely a digit entered incorrectly and it hit my account instead of the actual account. But again, nothing I can do until tomorrow night. I have no money to buy any groceries or gas for my car. The customer service person said I can write checks and they will be paid but if the charge goes through, like the merchant puts the hard note into the bank I have file fraud charges and wait a week for the funds....what the heck! Has anyone ever had anything like this happen?
    Yup, with donuts!!

That sounds very odd to me, and the bank is not being very helpful. Can you call the mortgage company? The bank could also open up a line of credit for you so you could access some cash (although you would then be charged interest on it, which isn't fair).

A similar thing just happened to me. I bought 5 airline tickets online and they charged me for 10. That left me with a negative $400 balance. Bank told me the same thing, they couldn't do anything about it, so I called the airlines and they imediately got my bank on the phone in a three way call and got the money released back to my account. It is a scary thought about how little control we have over our own bank accounts!!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread