+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1672Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I just went back a bit in this thread. Echo, I'm so sorry you're going through basically what sounds like hell and just wanted to say wow, you have a lot of gratitude. I wish you the best. I wish I knew advice for you but, I don't. I'm sure someone will. All the best to you.

Thanks for the posts after I wrote about my father. I am on a crappy computer too slow to go back and highlight the names. I appreciate the kind words.

My brother was very grateful and had a good time (even though the Pats lost)

I told him I'd do it a little more often. That is all I could offer him though. He has an option to hire help and chooses not to so that is up to him.

It's after 5 pm and I haven't slept. My father was really difficult to take care of. I'm use to him in the day time. Whoever said that about Dad2....great idea. I see glimpses of him here and there but, he's going downhill fast. And I will find a support group as I'm burning my friends out with this. There is always good in something bad I guess. My brother needed to get away. And, he really appreciated it. I guess we have to try and find gratitude in adversity.

Echo, my prayers go out to you. You've got a great attitude.

Thanks again.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

You are doing a wonderful thing even though it is painful JamiLee. All we have when they are gone are the memories and even though it's tough, you'll be grateful you spent this time with him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

When my dad had alzheimers I read an article at the doctor's that playing music they loved when they were younger is really helpful - and it helped my dad a lot when I sent him CDs of musicals he had played in the orchestra for. I guess that part of the brain is still intact and they respond emotionally to happy memories connected to the music. Worth a try on those difficult nights. Ask your mom what his favorite music was.
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Echo! So sorry to read about the fire in your home, but so happy that you and the pooch are OK! Best wishes to you with all you have ahead of you.
    I can't offer advise, but I can surly say some prayers for you.

JamiLee, best wishes to you with the care of your Dad. You are a wonderful daughter.

JamiLee - Thank You for taking care of your Dad, even though he may not always be there, I am sure there is a part of him that is grateful. Damn, it is hard watching our parents age, let alone deal with this awful disease.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

JamiLee: I'm glad your brother enjoyed his time at the game. I'm sorry that it's so difficult to be with your Dad and see him become someone you don't recognize as much anymore. You are doing the best that you can. A support group is probably a good idea too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My husband and I suggest that you use a restoration company, unless you're handy and can do some of the work your self. As far as the Adjustor I don't know.

If you need anything let me know and I'm sorry about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2783526;
    My husband and I suggest that you use a restoration company, unless you're handy and can do some of the work your self. As far as the Adjustor I don't know.

If you need anything let me know and I'm sorry about what happened.
    Sort of along those lines, Echo-- if you *are* handy, and had done any work on the house, you might also want to note that when you submit forms to the insurance company. One of my friends' moms had stenciled a room, and when it required some sort of repairs, she gained a lot of extra money in claims thanks to her own work! Maybe you could use that to your advantage?

You guys are great (put me in tears)

I saw a movie today about a brother and sister taking care of their father with dementia. Wasn't planned.

I felt grateful that I have my brother to help me.

Thanks again. The kind posts here,

they have really meant a lot. Thank-You...

Echo, I'm glad you're getting advice here too.

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Life is quite a trip.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Jami Lee- I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I wish there were some words to make you feel better, so how about a *cyber hug.* It's rough trying to take care of a family member when you remember how they used to be.

Right now I think your brother is going through denial over the situation, and maybe a sense of guilt. He feels like he let him down in some way and maybe that's why he doesn't want a live in care giver to take care of your father, but both you and him need a break. Down here in Florida there's people that you can call and they come in and take care of your family member for the day, so you can go out and run erands or whatever. Maybe there's a service like that in your area.

On another note I used to live in Massachusettes a long time ago. I lived in Centerville and then Osterville.

+ Reply to Thread