+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1373Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

How awful for you, echo. Thank goodness you and your dog got out ok. I don't have an advice for you, I wish I did.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Echo, so glad to hear you and your dog got out OK. Like you said, everything else is just stuff. How wonderful your next door neighbor must be to let you stay indefinitely. I'm sorry I don't have any advice about the public adjuster situation. My cousin who had a house fire dealt with their insurance company only. I don't remember them having an difficulties.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Echo, I am SO glad you and your pet are safe. A serious fire in your home is a horrible experience for anyone to go through.
    I used to work in the claims department for a large insurance company and we had lots of house fire claims to deal with. We don't have public adjusters here in our state so I've not had any experience with them. However, I know people who would hire attorneys and then would be so frustrated when they wanted to speak directly with their insurance adjuster and were unable to do so. There are situations, however, when having a knowledgeable intermediary is necessary. I think alot of it will have to do with the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim, what type of person they are and how they treat you. Having a general contractor who knows about fire restoration sounds like a great idea.
    Dealing with your claim and the rebuilding is going to be a long and time-consuming process, there is just no way around that. I will say extra prayers for your during this time. Keep us updated when you can.

I'm so sorry echo. True, it's all just "stuff" but it's hard not to be emotionally attached to some of it. I'm glad you have a place to stay for now. You're in my thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. I don't know what to advise as far as adjuster/contractor goes, but you might consult with your insurance company now, while you still can, and see if they can give you the pros and cons. I would think the positive side of the adjuster is that you wouldn't have to deal with any of the red tape yourself, if that kind of thing aggrivates you.
    Count your blessings!

Echo - First off I am glad that you and the canine are ok. That's the most important thing. I've never had to deal with insurance companies but I do know people that have and have not had problems. I would personally let the insurance company do the legwork for you and that way as the rebuilding progresses, if you have any problems you can immediately deal with the insurance company.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh echo I'm so sorry to hear about your home. I am glad that you are ok but I do know it feels like a loss. I have never had to deal with a fire but being in California, I see it all the time. Prayers for you and yours.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Wow, what a horrible thing to have happen to you echo. That's fantastic that you were not harmed but it's a shame that you had to lose all your possessions. I wish you nothing but the best as you navigate these troubled times.

Echo...my thoughts are with you and I wish you all the best. What an awful thing to happen, but you seem to have a very good attitude and check in whenever you can. A million good wishes are going your way.

Echo, I'm so sorry! That must be so difficult. In a way, it's a good thing that you were home, so you were able to save your dog as well! Best of luck to you as you begin to rebuild.

Echo I'm very sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Thank goodness you're safe! I also have no good advice since I've never been involved in a fire. But it's good that you had insurance. If the insurance company is going to pay for renovating your home, I wouldn't try to do any of it myself if I were you. Unless you get satisfaction out of it, of course. I'll send good wishes your way, hoping that you get an awesome contractor and the rebuilding process goes quickly with little stress!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread