+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2778411;
    Do you have a space heater you can put in the area to warm it up?
    I may do that. Here's a pic of it. And my boots sat in the back for hours and never defrosted. Me, I melted after a hot shower.

Attachment 23245Attachment 23247Attachment 23246
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I wouldn't put the heater too close to the snow blower, but it may do the trick.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

You look cold MK. We are getting a nice little storm here as well, but not quite as cold. I'm going out to shovel a little path for my dog as she looks like a bunny when she goes outside, trying to hop through the snow.

Dogs in the snow are so cute.

I'm missing mr buglover so much right now. He's on a plane and I can't pick up the phone just to say hi. I have to call every evening at 5pm exactly to get a hold of him........sigh...so glad I have my friends at the FORT!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm sorry to hear you miss mr. buglover.
    MK you look soooo cold. Just think nice warm thoughts. And put a space heater in your boot room?

oh poor misskitty. you look frozen. *sends cyber hot chocolate*

About the root canal, horrible though this may sound, I feel like the insurance companies deserve it: See if your doctor might be able to force through some sort of medical reason for the procedure. Right now I'm on a sequence of hepatitis a/b shots-- I am getting the Twinrix vaccine, which is both shots combined, because I am going to remote areas of Peru in May. Hep b shots are covered, hep a shots usually aren't, and travel vaccines aren't at all, but my doctor is trying to force through the Twinrix vaccine for my Hep b, and my insurance company hasn't tried to make me pay up yet.

So it's worth a shot to see if your doctor will help you out.

misskitty, I LOVE your scarf-I bet it keeps you warm!!

Peru sounds wonderful in the springtime-tell us about it.

Just a quick check-in as I'm using a friends computer.

Just wanted to let you know that I've been absent because my house burned down ... well not down, per se, as it's a brick home but inside ... the entire main level is a loss and will have to be gutted down to the studs and the contents ... clothes, furniture etc. id mostly unsalvageable because what the fire didn't get the smoke and water did. The basement is also mostly water and smoke damaged. The fire investigators have pretty much concluded that the cause was electrical ... either an outlet or a power strip that was plugged into it.

The good news is that I was home, and got out in time ... with my life, my little dog and my sense of humor. The rest is just stuff.

I am also very fortunate that my next door neighbor ( computer-less ) has let me and the dog stay at his home since the night of the fire which was January 4 and says I can stay as long as needed while they try to find us some semi-permanent rental housing.

I am hoping someone here can give me some advice as to whether it's wise to just hire a general contractor who is a fire restoration expert for the dwelling portion ... and try to do the rest myself ... and should I use one recommended by the insurance company. Or should I use a "Public Adjuster" who would represent me with the insurance company and handle everything ... but would also take a percentage of the claim ( kind of like an attorney ) ... and using one means I would no longer be able to speak directly to my insurance company ... but instead ALL communication would be through the Public Adjuster and all checks would be in my name and the Public Adjusters name.

The thing I really need in this very confusing and complicated time ... is your prayers for guidance and the ability to make good decisions.

I'm not sure when I can get back on line ( soon I hope) ... but I will be back. I love and miss you all.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

echo, what horrible news. I'm glad to hear that you made it out alright and hope that you make it through the rebuilding process.

+ Reply to Thread