+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I cannot hear that word without thinking of that darn commercial...

Riiiiiiiicola!

It's so cold, my snowblower has frozen. And it was in the garage.

The cord won't pull; it's full of ice. I can't open the choke. It's frozen shut too. I dragged it into the back entrance of the house so it would warm up so I could use it again. It's been there for 6 hours and the snow is still sitting on top of it. It's not melting. I guess that means my back entrance is not warmer than freezing.

Drat.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2778404;
    It's so cold, my snowblower has frozen. And it was in the garage.

The cord won't pull; it's full of ice. I can't open the choke. It's frozen shut too. I dragged it into the back entrance of the house so it would warm up so I could use it again. It's been there for 6 hours and the snow is still sitting on top of it. It's not melting. I guess that means my back entrance is not warmer than freezing.

Drat.
    Do you have a space heater you can put in the area to warm it up?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

buglover I'd like to second or third the biting the bullet and getting the root canal done. I had one once. I had some veneers put on my front teeth because of hereditary cosmetic reasons. They basically destroy your teeth to put on the veneers and even though I'd never had decay problems, one of my teeth acted up. They did a root canal on it and it was immediately better. That was almost ten years ago and it hasn't peeped since. I remember the pain was awful so I feel for you. The root canal wasn't painful at all, it just feels kind of weird when they scraping out the nerve (or whatever it is they do). If the pain is so bad you want to cry, it may be time to stop it for good. And if there's no decay, there's no reason to pull the tooth. I think it would be more expensive for an extraction and either a bridge or an implant to replace it.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'll probably go with a combination platter and hope that I can make it through without coughing too badly. I suppose the alternative is to time my coughing with Mimi's as she is overtaken with consumption, but that may be a bit difficult.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I feel for you, Newfherder. I've had this awful dry cough for ages it seems. I use Ricola drops too. Still, they don't last forever. I guess it would be worth it to get to see the whole performance, to keep a Ricola in your mouth throughout.
    The best thing for mine seems to be avoiding dry, heated air, of course that's not a real option much of the time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2778460;
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'll probably go with a combination platter and hope that I can make it through without coughing too badly. I suppose the alternative is to time my coughing with Mimi's as she is overtaken with consumption, but that may be a bit difficult.
    Oh, now I have a big mental picture of Newf, high on a combo of cough medicines attempting to take the stage and singing with Mimi.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2778662;
    Oh, now I have a big mental picture of Newf, high on a combo of cough medicines attempting to take the stage and singing with Mimi.
    Actually, I auditioned for the role of off-stage mute.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Newf, where's the fun in that? Maybe you can time your coughs for when the percussion is playing. (Where is 1812 Overture when you need it?)

As for "to root canal or not", when I had a tooth act up (I killed it when I bumped it with my clarinet many moons ago), the only relief I had was a root canal-pain medication did not help, antibiotics eventually helped a little. Just a little hole drilled to let out the pressure solved everything for me. Good luck!

I've had two root canals done before so I'm not actually afraid of them, I just feel like shelling out the money for it isn't justified yet... I stress yet because it may hurt enough to just go do it. It's not flaring up today at all, just feel like the whole upper part of my mouth is tight from pressure. If it starts to keep me up at night, I'm going to "charge it" and get it done...lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread