+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Just to clear up what Lois Lane stated, you won't get much help going to an orthodontist for root canal. Look up an endodontist, they are the ones who do root canals. A general dentist can do root canals, but the more difficult cases will be referred to an endodontist, who specializes in this procedure.

Buglover, have you seen a doctor who specializes in sinus problems? One of my SIL's has a lot of sinus problems and has tried all sorts of treatments, surgery, etc. Maybe the sinus symptoms would be covered by your insurance.

Another idea, several people on here swear by the Neti Pot. Maybe something like that would help your sinuses.

Good luck!

Newfherder: I hope you get rid of that cough real soon. I would have to suggest Buckleys...it tastes terrible but it works! Enjoy La Boheme!!

buglover: ooooo. Toothaches. They can be very bad. If the one root flares up because of your sinuses, would a sinutab also help take the pressure off? Just wondering.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2775821;
    When dealing with my credit card problem (temporarily sorted out; I think that I posted about it ) I found that my first call went overseas (including a very nice lady in Argentina; when I told her how much I enjoyed her accent, she stayed on the line to chat about the weather ), but when my calls were transfered to the next level up, I was back in the USA.

My current problem is minor, but frustrating. I am coming down with a cough. It's no big deal, except that I have tickets to attend the opera this weekend (La Boheme), and I don't want to be the guy who coughs through the whole thing. Last December, I left Un Ballo In Maschera after the first act because I couldn't stop coughing, despite a pocket full of cough drops and being dosed with Dayquil. I'm open to suggestions . . .
    Oh Newfherder, I wish I could remember the stuff I took last year for a cough. It stifled it for about 2 hours though.

MRD

When dealing with my credit card problem (temporarily sorted out; I think that I posted about it ) I found that my first call went overseas (including a very nice lady in Argentina; when I told her how much I enjoyed her accent, she stayed on the line to chat about the weather ), but when my calls were transfered to the next level up, I was back in the USA.

My current problem is minor, but frustrating. I am coming down with a cough. It's no big deal, except that I have tickets to attend the opera this weekend (La Boheme), and I don't want to be the guy who coughs through the whole thing. Last December, I left Un Ballo In Maschera after the first act because I couldn't stop coughing, despite a pocket full of cough drops and being dosed with Dayquil. I'm open to suggestions . . .
    Delsym cough medicine is the BEST in completely stopping a cough. Tastes horrible, but it works really, really well.

Buglover, nothing hurts worse than tooth pain. I hope you find relief.

Well the latest on "Mr. No Good Samaritan" is that he took and failed a lie detector test about seeing the woman tied up. The cops know he's lying-that he did see her tied up and screaming for help and did nothing, he's changed his story so many times and they are not happy about him going to the paper and being plastered all over the front of it either trying to make himself look better at the expense of his daughter.
    I really think they are trying to find a way to charge him. The lie detector is not admissible in court, but at least they now know the "truth".
    I wrote a letter to the editor in praise of his daughter. I was her Girl Scout leader for 5 years and also know her and her mother well. The paper emailed me back saying they can't print it because he is the type of person that would sue. I emailed back and asked did he not think that the mother and daughter would sue for what they printed that he said about her. I never heard back, so who knows.
    The mom is LIVID and is considering legal action against him. The daughter is humiliated. This is basically a small town and she works in a daycare and goes to college and apparantly some of the parents with kids in the daycare have questioned the owner about her working with their kids. The fallout from all this is affecting the one person that did the right thing and that's just not fair. I really hope they can do something to this creep.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-31-2008 at 06:18 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, you wrote a letter in praise of the daughter and he could sue the paper for printing that? I could understand the fear of a lawsuit if you wrote in about what a jerk and a liar this guy was, or something slanderous, but a letter in support of this girl?? That's crazy!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2777091;
    MRD, you wrote a letter in praise of the daughter and he could sue the paper for printing that? I could understand the fear of a lawsuit if you wrote in about what a jerk and a liar this guy was, or something slanderous, but a letter in support of this girl?? That's crazy!
    This whole thing has gotten completely out of hand and because it is the daughter of a police officer that was killed, tensions are VERY high in that community right now. I think everyone is afraid of stepping on toes and the investigators are working really hard to make sure the killer doesn' walk. Add in the father that could have saved the girl and didn't and it gets really complicated. And the idiot father and his family have been giving press conferences and interviews and the paper has printed them because the family of the girl killed and the daughter that called 911 have refused to talk to the press. So the media is printing what they can get, but then turn around and talk about getting sued. It's ridiculous!
    I don't even live there anymore and yet have had more phone calls and emails about this situation because I still have a lot of friends down there.
    And since we know people involved in this (one of them is a deputy) we've gotten some information that has not been in the paper. I just hope they can nail this idiot to the wall.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2776177;
    For years now I've had a sensitive tooth. It was drilled over 10 years ago and the dentist hit the nerve. The root is so long it goes into the sinus cavity. During cold season my sinuses get swollen and press on the root which makes the nerve of this tooth extra sensitive. Last night it began to hurt like I had a cavity but I know from rushing to the dentist in the past it's not decay, merely nerve pain. Today, it is extremely painful and I'm about to cry over this. I'm taking advil, swishing with salt water and avoiding food or drinks that hurt.........say a small prayer this will go away soon!
    Buglover, I don't know if this would work, but it's worth a shot. If you can find a product called Tooth Aid. It is a tiny brown bottle with a red first aid cross on it (+). It is clove oil. If you can't find that particular product, find something with as much clove oil as possible, just don't use PURE clove oil (tastes awful and you will be salivating at the mouth for hours!). Clove oil is what they used when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and they became infected. Miracle pain reliever!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Personally buglover - I would somehow find a way to get the root canal done. I had a couple of them a few years ago, best thing I ever did. No pain either.

I'm getting close to just biting the bullet and paying for a root canal or tooth extraction. It sucks because the insurance won't pay for it due to the fact there is no decay in the tooth. Maybe I should break the tooth and then it would be covered!! lol.... Sinus medication takes the edge off and advil is helping with the pain. I have to do room temperature drinks and food right now and that helps as well. Nothing too hot or too cold and I'm good to go.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Premium Member

I swear by Ricola drops. I like the sugar-free lemon-mint ones. No matter how bad my cough is, one of those will calm it right down in a matter of less than a minute.

+ Reply to Thread