+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

MRD, that is an awful, sad story. I hope that somehow they find some charges to stick that guy with. Who wouldn't have immediately phoned the police after witnessing such an incident? Hopefully, your friend's children can cut this piece of garbage out of their lives and move forward.

reberr: That sucks. I hope you can work something out or find something else. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2769308;
    Have you called your boss yet? I would verify it with him before anything happens. And send in an application anyway. The worst they could say is no, and if you don't send in one, they're saying that anyway! And you could always start up your own paper. Like an underground paper. Some of my friends did that in college and it only lasted a year or so and never sold more than a couple hundred copies but they got lots of experience.
    well, I'll talk about it on Monday with my boss, since he was away today and I think he is busy with family things so I don't want to bother him.
    and yeah.. I'll send the application to school, since I have to. otherwise it would mean I am not interested on getting into school at all. well, I am not really into newspapers, I just went to intern there, since we don't have anything else media business here. I only went there to get points in applying to school so I could get in easier. I don't think they will give me points, if I worked only a month. but I actually liked there, even newspapers aren't my thing.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

MRD - I am appalled. Actually, that isn't a strong enough word. I am so sorry for what you, your husband, and the girl's family are going through right now. I hope that justice is swift and severe for the man responsible, and equally severe for the ex who didn't help. Please keep us updated.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2768448;
    I just had one of the most troubling phone calls I think I have ever received from a friend of mine in Florida.
    Frantic calls for help fail to save Lee

If you pray, please pray for Amber Denise Lee's family and her poor husband and children who will never know their mother. And pray justice is done and that the killer and his idiot cousin (the dad of my friend's kid) pay heavily for this. I just cannot imagine the terror this woman went through, especially thinking that she was going to get help from someone and he did not come through to save her.
    My prayers are sent to you and the poor family! How horrific! I am in disbelief that so many people had the chance to stop what happened and did not help this poor woman. My she rest in peace.

I hope that Justice prevails and and killer and his father both get the book thrown at them!

I can't imagine how your husband is feeling now about the man who used to be his best friend. .
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-25-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry to double-post. Different murder.

I just read that the young man, Jesse, who killed the only son of some friends of mine, named Ryan, just got a reduced sentence of manslaughter and 10 years. Unbelieveable!

He should have gotten the full 2nd degree murder charge with no parole.

He was drunk, got a shotgun, went back to where the son was sleeping and shot him in the back of the head. Now how can that NOT be pre-meditated???!!

Justice was not served. The family is inconsolable. Not only did they lose their only son, but feel the system failed them. They are a wonderful couple who have fostered kids their whole entire life. Ryan was their only child. May he rest in peace.

Story: Peace River Record Gazette, Peace River, AB
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Wow, MRD and MissKitty, I don't know of any pg words, either. It just blows my minds that there are people like that out there like that.

FORT Fogey

MRD and MissKitty -- There are times when you see stories such as the ones you've both shared on the news, and wonder what it must be like for the real people who know those involved who are going thorugh all of that. Even though I don't really "know" either of you, I certainly feel like I do, and I hate knowing that people I know and like so much are having to find out through experience what it is liked to be touched by one of those stories. My heart goes out to both of you, and my prayers go out to the families who are suffering through such much hurt and pain.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I just read about these awful murders today and wish nothing but the best for the survivors. How tragic.

The Florida case made my stomach turn... What kind of person abducts, sexually assaults and murders a woman? And what kind of person -- relative or not -- fails to offer assistance when he sees another human being in distress? If he was afraid of his cousin (and I doubt this was the case), he could've excused himself to get them some beers and called 911 during that time. He could've provided them with the killer's name. And why he involved his daughter is beyond me.

I am actually surprised that the cousin's children turned out to be so compassionate and level headed. I am also glad that they will not be a part of his life anymore...

Tragic all around.

A long time ago, my dad and I were watching the news and there was a story on about someone turning their child in for a major crime... I joked to my dad that he would never do that. He said he and my mom would do everything in their power to raise and protect me...but that if I did something heinous--run over someone, shoot someone, kill someone--he would turn me in in a second. His point was that you're not showing love by allowing your loved ones to do horrible things and get away with it.

If the cousin had exercised some judgement--and even a tiny bit of compassion--this woman might be alive today. Who committed the bigger crime? The one who executed it? Or the one who let it happen?
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-25-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2769867;
    He said he and my mom would do everything in their power to raise and protect me...but that if I did something heinous--run over someone, shoot someone, kill someone--he would turn me in in a second. His point was that you're not showing love by allowing your loved ones to do horrible things and get away with it.
    This brings memories of the Karla Homolka story. Apparently she is still very close with her mother. I don't think I understand that. Sure, Karla is her daughter, but she was responsible for the death of her other daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2769867;
    A long time ago, my dad and I were watching the news and there was a story on about someone turning their child in for a major crime... I joked to my dad that he would never do that. He said he and my mom would do everything in their power to raise and protect me...but that if I did something heinous--run over someone, shoot someone, kill someone--he would turn me in in a second. His point was that you're not showing love by allowing your loved ones to do horrible things and get away with it.
    I had the same conversation with my parents and they both said the same thing. "We're not going to go on tv or anything and say he was a good boy etc. etc., - you know right from wrong, and don't expect us to pay for your bail or lawyers either"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread