+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2768456;
    How absolutely horrible. Did he ever give a reason for not calling or do we assume it is just because he is a poor excuse of a human being?

My prayers are with that family.
    Oh, you'll love the reason he didn't call. He "says" that his cousin is always dating "wacky" girls and he just thought this was another of those "wacky" girlfriends.

A woman is tied up and LAYING IN THE GRASS IN YOUR YARD BEGGING YOU TO CALL THE POLICE and you ASSUME it's just some "wacky" girlfriend? Even if it was, she was asking for help. Hello, domestic violence???

scum of the earth. Both of them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2768721;
    Oh, you'll love the reason he didn't call. He "says" that his cousin is always dating "wacky" girls and he just thought this was another of those "wacky" girlfriends.

A woman is tied up and LAYING IN THE GRASS IN YOUR YARD BEGGING YOU TO CALL THE POLICE and you ASSUME it's just some "wacky" girlfriend? Even if it was, she was asking for help. Hello, domestic violence???

scum of the earth. Both of them.
    "wacky girlfriend"? I hope he goes before a judge, they will throw the book at him. Isn't what he did considered aiding and abetting?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2768747;
    "wacky girlfriend"? I hope he goes before a judge, they will throw the book at him. Isn't what he did considered aiding and abetting?
    Well the "ex" has supposedly been "helping" the police now, so who knows if or what they will charge him with.

But if they find out he dumped her clothes for his cousin, I don't think his co-operating with the police will help much. I hope not anyway.

The police did say that had he not eventually called the police himself that same evening, they would have already arrested him.

I think its going to be a while before this all shakes out. Obviously with it being a policeman's daughter, you can bet everyone is doing their best and making sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed so no one ends up walking. And apparantly a lot is being kept out of the papers too. Not only is this a policeman's daughter, but this is a very old and prominent family in that part of the state. This used to be a small town. And in someways it still is. While there has been a huge influx of transplants in the last 20 years to this area, the "long time Florida families" still remain and still have influence. And obviously it is still kind of small town as my family knew the victims family and the killers family and even one of the lawyers that was approached and 2 of the newspaper reporters that reported the story. I do have to say that I am so glad not to live some where where I know everyone. It's been kind of nice to be in a place the past 18 months where we don't know anyone.

In a way its a shame that not all victims get the same care that this case is getting. But also I dont' think I've heard of too many other cases that had such an appalling series of events and the opportunity for someone to do good and not do it.
    Like my friend said whose daughter made the first 911 call: "even a crackhead could have figured out that something wasn't right and tried to help". I told her she was giving crackheads a bad name comparing her ex to them. That not even crackheads were that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2768512;
    If it makes you and Buglover feel any better, they DO get over it. I didn't want to be seen with my mother while I was a teenager, but by my late teens I was over it and would join her in making fun of my younger sister who was in that phase. Now I'm 32 and we still take vacations together. So don't worry, they'll grow out of it.
    I was the same way. My mom and I used to fight over the silliest things when I was in high school. Once I finished college and moved back home for 6 months, my parents are cool again. (Actually, the summer I got home was a rough patch for my mom and my sister, and I remember saying to my dad one night, "I never thought I'd be the good daughter!") I still love family vacations, and I go home a ton. It's definitely just a phase. Not easy on anyone, but you'll get through it.

MRD, what a horrible, horrible story. There really are no words, I'm shocked.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

mrd I honestly don't know what to say....I come from a family of law enforcement so I have heard horror stories for many years but it never ceases to amaze me how cruel some people can be.....

Did this ass know this poor woman or was it random?

Prayers go out to that poor woman's family and a to your hubbie for the pain he's going through too..........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD - Not only is the killer and his cousin the absolute scum of the earth, but to then put his daughter in that kind of a position??? Obviously, he cares nothing about his children, because how could he possibly think his daughter would want to have anything to do with him after that??

My thoughts and prayers go out to that poor woman's family.

apparently I just lost my internship at local newspaper.. no, I didn't get fired, it was just some lady from some office (where people go to get registered as unemployeed) called me and said that I need to quit there, because they already have 1 other intern besides me. apparently my boss didn't know that he isn't allowed to have 2 interns at one time.
    I don't get why it is so big deal, since there is work for both of us. I guess I'll stay home for the next 4 months starting next Friday.
    this town sucks, since we don't have any other media places, so there goes my spot in school too. (Finnish people don't get in to polytechnics/universities that easily, since there might be 500 people trying to get in the same field as you and only about 200 of the 500 get invited to entrance test and only 30-50 of those get in). seems like I am not getting in school this fall because of my lack of work and knowledge. (I know it, even I haven't send an application yet).
    my life just turned worse.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2769181;
    MRD - Not only is the killer and his cousin the absolute scum of the earth, but to then put his daughter in that kind of a position??? Obviously, he cares nothing about his children, because how could he possibly think his daughter would want to have anything to do with him after that??

My thoughts and prayers go out to that poor woman's family.
    Oh, I could fill up pages as to why this ass has been a bad father all along. He has repeatedly put his daughter in situations that no father would EVER do. He has no judgement at all. My friend has been counting down the days until the kids turned 18 and she could get him the hell out of all their lives. She has repeatedly gone to court to get child support and then to try to get visitation stopped saying that she would rather not have child support than have him in her kids lives. Funny thing is, he had a friend in the sherriff's department and has had this friend help him try to get my friend arrested on several occasions on trumped up trespassing charges. I'm guessing now he's no longer got any friends in the sherriff's department now.

This was a total random crime. The killer was seen standing in line behind her at the post office an hour before the neighbor reported seeing his car in her driveway. He followed her home from the post office and abducted her from her home. He didn't know her at all.

ETA: after he left all the messages on his daughter's cell phone trying to get her to change her story and telling the police she made it all up (she knew too many details that proved later to be true, so the police know she didn't make it up, besides they have the phone records of his phone and the daughter's with the times matching up), she told him to never call her again and to "lose my number".
    The son who is older has asked his mother how to change his legal name to that of his stepfather who has been more of a father then the bio one. He's wanted to do it for years and the father wouldn't give permission when the son was under 18. Now the son is finding out that with the same last name (and its an unusual one), he is having people say stuff to him and he doesn't want to be associated with his dad at all, so they are now looking to go to court to change the son's name legally and the daughter has said that when she turns 18 this summer, she's now doing the same thing.

When my friend talked to the police about the dad harrassing the daughter trying to get her to change her story, the police told my friend, if he shows up at the house "call us, but if you're husband's home, don't call us TOO soon". Meaning, your husband can beat the crap out of him and we won't do anything about it.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-25-2008 at 07:51 AM.

This just reinforces my opinion that some people just shouldn't have children. I don't mean to say that this guy's children shouldn't be around, just that they shouldn't have been fathered by him. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by reberr;2769192;
    apparently I just lost my internship at local newspaper.. no, I didn't get fired, it was just some lady from some office (where people go to get registered as unemployeed) called me and said that I need to quit there, because they already have 1 other intern besides me. apparently my boss didn't know that he isn't allowed to have 2 interns at one time.
    I don't get why it is so big deal, since there is work for both of us. I guess I'll stay home for the next 4 months starting next Friday.
    this town sucks, since we don't have any other media places, so there goes my spot in school too. (Finnish people don't get in to polytechnics/universities that easily, since there might be 500 people trying to get in the same field as you and only about 200 of the 500 get invited to entrance test and only 30-50 of those get in). seems like I am not getting in school this fall because of my lack of work and knowledge. (I know it, even I haven't send an application yet).
    my life just turned worse.
    Have you called your boss yet? I would verify it with him before anything happens. And send in an application anyway. The worst they could say is no, and if you don't send in one, they're saying that anyway! And you could always start up your own paper. Like an underground paper. Some of my friends did that in college and it only lasted a year or so and never sold more than a couple hundred copies but they got lots of experience.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread