+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I think some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something or feeling picked on.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Melitta, some people are just jerks. When I used to complain about having to pay too much in taxes, my parents put it in perspective--they said I pay a lot 'cause I earn a lot. (Well, a lot comparitively speaking--I'm just middle class...not a richie rich by any means!) You're doing nothing wrong. I've often found that some of the richest people are also the cheapest, stingiest, nastiest excuses for human beings...they're the first ones looking for a freebie and the last ones to offer to donate to charitable causes! (Or pick up a dinner here and there! )

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2764404;
    Here is a poem my 17 year old cousin Matt wrote the day my grandmother passed:
    buglover: That is such an emotional and wonderful poem. What a beautiful tribute to your grandma from your cousin. Encourage him to continue writing, whether it's because of sad moments or happy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LoisLane
    ..I've often found that some of the richest people are also the cheapest, stingiest, nastiest excuses for human beings...they're the first ones looking for a freebie and the last ones to offer to donate to charitable causes! (Or pick up a dinner here and there!.
    Well said and I totally agree.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The funny thing about is, if you put it into perspective, if you use the incentive to buy a car, the car can be no more than 3 years old, a truck 2 years old. How many poor, low or low middle incomes can afford a payment with a vehicle that new? Most are driving the older vehicles because they don't have payments. We could afford a new vehicle, we would have to tighten up the purse strings some, but until one of our vehicles gets to the point of being non repairable, can't pass an emission test or just looks like a piece of junk, (still gotta look good even if they are old!) we will keep ours. Not because we are lazy ass poor people, but because we choose to be at this income level, so that I can stay home with the kids and spend our money in other places, the kids karate classes, baseball, getting a hotel and spending the weekend at a theme park. Spending time with my kids and being able to go do things as a family is way more important to me than having brand new cars.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Not me. I bought my car used back in 2001 with money from my mom's life insurance and it was a 1998. It is now 10 years old with 136000 miles and I keep it running as best I can. I'm dreading the day I will have to get another car.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

My car is a 1995!!!! I hate buying cars. We have the money to buy a new car and probably will have to in another year or so when this one dies...but new cars aren't good investments. The minute you buy it, the thing depreciates. I take care of it the best I can, and then I drive it until it just won't run anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2765159;
    My car is a 1995!!!! I hate buying cars. We have the money to buy a new car and probably will have to in another year or so when this one dies...but new cars aren't good investments. The minute you buy it, the thing depreciates. I take care of it the best I can, and then I drive it until it just won't run anymore!
    My car is a 1995 also. I am the only owner and know what has been done to it. My husband does all our mechanic work. I know my car inside and out and it only has 86,000 miles on it. You couldn't pay me enough to get rid of it. Unless, you want to buy me a Chrysler 300!!

On the other hand, Mr. Melitta's is older, 1990, bought used about 5 years ago, paid cash. While it has been a great vehicle (we got lucky buying something so old) we don't need a vehicle this big anymore now that two of the kids are out on their own. So, it was really, let me look around and see what is out there. That was when I came across the nasty comments about people using the Drive Clean program. Oh well, I guess to each his own.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;2766303;
    My car is a 1995 also. I am the only owner and know what has been done to it. My husband does all our mechanic work. I know my car inside and out and it only has 86,000 miles on it. You couldn't pay me enough to get rid of it. Unless, you want to buy me a Chrysler 300!!

On the other hand, Mr. Melitta's is older, 1990, bought used about 5 years ago, paid cash. While it has been a great vehicle (we got lucky buying something so old) we don't need a vehicle this big anymore now that two of the kids are out on their own. So, it was really, let me look around and see what is out there. That was when I came across the nasty comments about people using the Drive Clean program. Oh well, I guess to each his own.
    Melitta, you guys sound like us. We drive older cars and my husband does all the work on them. I would LOVE a new car, but I also LOVE not making that car payment every month too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband and I used to have older cars then we traded in our dodge mini van, which we bought for $1,500 for a 2003 Chevy Tracker. We loved that mini van it helped us move to Florida about 8 years ago.

Small trouble, but my baby is growing up. She is reading and asked me how to pronounce p-r-i-n-c-i-p-l-e. I told her and she seemed confused so I explained the difference between principal and principle. I swear I heard crickets. I have this scary feeling puberty is on the way and she will no longer wish to acknowledge my existence.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread