Gut, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
My problem is that I have to have an oopherectomy because my cyst continues to grow (right now it is 9cm x 8cm). My problem is that I don't have insurance, I had a heart attact in 2002, and I was diagnosed w/diabetes after my heart attack. I had my preadmission testing done last Thursday and the operation is tentatively scheduled for Feb 11. I thought that was it, but I went to yet another doctor and he is gravely concerned about my heart and if I would withstand an "elective" operation. I didn't understand what was "elective" about it...the cyst is continuing to grow, it shouldn't be there to begin with, and if it continues to grow, it could burst, which would cause me to have an emergency surgery, which (in my mind at least) could be even worse for me. So, I now have a stress test to go through (if they can get me in) on Fri. I don't have insurance because I have been uninsurable for some time. All of this is out of pocket and I'm paying as I go. Does anyone see my point of view? I know I need the surgery and I'm ready for it and I can pay for it. I know there is a slight risk that I could have a heart attack on the table, but I could have another one in line at the grocery store. Why would they wait on a stress test when the silly thing could burst? Apparently if it bursts, I'm in a crapload of worry. I still have my sense of humor, but am starting to look around for anyone who has a long needle that can be attached to a turkey baster so I can get this show on the road!