+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

My problem is that I have to have an oopherectomy because my cyst continues to grow (right now it is 9cm x 8cm). My problem is that I don't have insurance, I had a heart attact in 2002, and I was diagnosed w/diabetes after my heart attack. I had my preadmission testing done last Thursday and the operation is tentatively scheduled for Feb 11. I thought that was it, but I went to yet another doctor and he is gravely concerned about my heart and if I would withstand an "elective" operation. I didn't understand what was "elective" about it...the cyst is continuing to grow, it shouldn't be there to begin with, and if it continues to grow, it could burst, which would cause me to have an emergency surgery, which (in my mind at least) could be even worse for me. So, I now have a stress test to go through (if they can get me in) on Fri. I don't have insurance because I have been uninsurable for some time. All of this is out of pocket and I'm paying as I go. Does anyone see my point of view? I know I need the surgery and I'm ready for it and I can pay for it. I know there is a slight risk that I could have a heart attack on the table, but I could have another one in line at the grocery store. Why would they wait on a stress test when the silly thing could burst? Apparently if it bursts, I'm in a crapload of worry. I still have my sense of humor, but am starting to look around for anyone who has a long needle that can be attached to a turkey baster so I can get this show on the road!

Oh famita, you poor dear. I hear you. Why can't they get the stress test now? That's a pretty standard test. I understand why you'd want to get it all taken care of in a controlled situation instead of waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. I'll be thinking of you and hope you'll let us know how things transpire.
    Count your blessings!

famita That sounds so frustrating and stressful. I hope they stop farting around and help you soon.

Sorry to hear about all of the things you are going through famita. Doctors and health companies take way to long to do things.
    Yup, with donuts!!

famita: I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I would think that getting that out wouldn't be considered elective either. Would a second opinion help with your getting the operation sooner?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Here is a poem my 17 year old cousin Matt wrote the day my grandmother passed:

As soon as your lungs breath its last breath
    your mind thinks its last thought
    your heart beats one last time
    Your soul leaves your body
    quickly surveys your death bed surroundings
    and begins to slowly rises upwards, gaining momentum as it goes
    A small white light unequaled in beauty and unknown to man begins to shine starting at your heart
    getting brighter as you move upwards
    Now moving faster than any human could possibly imagine
    You abruptly stop. Your soul is at the pinnacle of the universe.
    The light, now shining so brightly its nearly orange
    illuminates the entire universe for you to see
    In a split second every human question ever thought or asked by any man, woman or child is answered
    You become enlightened, content, peaceful.
    In no more than 1 minute, the light, the essence of you, still gaining in size and beauty
    EXPLODES! you rain down on the entire universe
    soaking into every living thing in the universe.
    Existence is a better place, now that its been touched by an angel of incomparable, unimaginable grace

We will love you forever
    We miss you already
    We thank you for everything.
    R.I.P. Grannie Annie
    March 18, 1918- January 16, 2008.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

What a very insightful 17 year old and what a very thought provoking poem he wrote buglover! I'm sure your grandmother would have been proud!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I know she was. She loved him with everything she had. He lived with his dad two blocks away in her 2nd house. I cry but I am so proud of him and how grown up and amazing he has become.
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

What a beautiful poem, buglover. What a wonderful tribute for your Grandma.

Famita, so sorry to read about your health struggles. You are in my prayers.

I have a question or a rant, whichever. Why do so many people get so upset when certain income brackets are given an incentive? Here is an example: Texas has a program called Air Check Texas - Drive A Clean Machine. It is designed to get older, smog producing vehicles off the road. This is a program for the counties in Texas that have emissions control tests. I started looking around to see what people were saying about it, since they just upped the trade in value to $3000 for regular vehicle and $3500 for a hybrid. I came across some really nasty comments by people who didn't think this should be allowed. That the really poor would just go out and buy blinged out cars that they normally couldn't afford. Why can't the richer people get incentives like that to trade in their cars, yada, yada, yada. I can understand everyone would like to have incentives to trade in cars, but why do people have to say really nasty things like, "It's the lazy ass people who won't work that drive these crappy cars and then the state makes the rest of us pay for emissions testing so that they have all this extra money to give to these poor people to go buy new cars." We are not poor, but if I wanted to take on a car payment (then I would be poor) I think I would use this program. Is that so wrong? I may be a stay at home mom now, but I wasn't always. I have worked enough to qualify for Social Security when I reach retirement age. I have paid into Medicare, I have paid my share of taxes, we continue to pay taxes with my husband working, we don't use any type of government help, we have health insurance AND we have to pay for emissions test on our vehicles every year. So, just because our income happens to land within the guide lines, that makes us lazy ass poor folks?

Here is the income bracket:
    Size of
    Household Maximum Net
    Income
    Per Year
    1 $30,630
    2 $41,070
    3 $51,510
    4 $61,950
    5 $72,390
    6 $82,830
    7 $93,270
    8 $103,710
    Over 8 Add $10,400 for
    each additional member
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread