+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Burntbrat,
    That is so sad. I'm sending my prayers for all of you.

Miss Kitty, I'm so sorry you had to get poked so much. I know that isn't any fun. You rest up, you've been doing WAY too much and its taking its toll on you. I know when you don't post, something is up. So get the rest you need to feel better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

How sad Burnbrat. My thoughts are with the family.

How horrible, burntbrat. My prayers are with them.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm so sorry to read about your friend's grandson burntbrat...prayers to them and your family.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

burntbrat - How awful! Your Mom and her friends family is in my thoughts and prayers.

myrosiedog - Good LAWD woman. I do not want to see the family album. No thanks! You keep doing what you need to do for yourself.

misskitty
    - 3 times? ouch. You stay in bed as long as you need and order hot chocolates to be delivered.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So much has happened in the 10 days since I posted about Mr. C's mom that I don't really know where to start.

I had shared that after a visit to the emergency room for a cough she had had for 7 months they had discovered breast cancer, which follow up at a local cancer center here confirmed on December 20th. At that point, until they did further testing, they thought that it would be curable with a year of chemo.

Unfortunately, the cough that she had had for 7 months - which had originally precipitated the visit to the emergency room on the 14th - was not dealt with immediately in light of the severity of the cancer, and on the 26th, we were back in the emergency room with her as she was too weak to stand or walk, and they admitted her to the hospital that evening. They determined that she had pneumonia and other infections in her lungs.

On the 27th they began giving her mega-doses of antibiotics for the pneumonia, and we were all hopeful. They also began doing further testing to determine how far the cancer had spread, and in the course of all of the tests, they found that she had fluid built up around her heart, and were going to do a sonogram to determine if it needed to be drained.

On the 28th, the oncologist shared that the further tests showed that the cancer had spread everywhere - bones, lungs, liver - basically head to toe, and that although the prognosis was not good, they couldn't even begin to think about treating the cancer until the pneumonia was gone. The doctor went on to say that she needed to have the fluid around her heart drained, and that because of her condition, she basically had a slim to none chance of surviving the procedure. The other option was to not have it and to just make her as comfortable as possible. They opted to do the procedure, hoping that it would bring her some relief, as she was struggling just to breath. The cardiology team, on the other hand, was much more positive about the heart catheter procedure - which gave us some hope. We were all so relieved and happy when she came through the procedure with flying colors and appeared to be rallying. Once again, our spirits were lifted and hoped was restored. We all offered to stay at the hospital that evening in the waiting room to be nearby if needed, but in light of the successful procedure and how well she was doing, Mr. C's dad sent us and the other brothers and sisters home to get rest.

Yesterday morning - the 29th - Mr. C and I got a call from his dad at 5:30 in the morning. She had taken a turn for the worse during the night and he had been struggling with her all night long as she kept fighting the oxygen mask. Mr. C's dad also had not had any sleep in 36 hours and was beside himself with exhaustion and asked us to come help. Of course we rushed right to the hospital to help. At about 7 a.m. Mr. C called his brothers and sisters and told them they needed to get there right away as she was fading fast, and it is with great sadness that I share that Mr. C's mom passed away at about 10:30 yesterday morning, with her entire family all gathered around her as she took her first steps into eternity. She was only 62 years old.

Again, this has all happened so fast, and in such a short time we have gone through a rollercoaster of incredible highs where hope was renewed, and then beyond incredible lows as each new problem surfaced. It was also just last year that I lost my own mom, and this has made that still-healing wound feel like it is new again.

Mr. C's dad is just beside himself in grief. They had just celebrated their 30th anniversary and for the past 20 years at least they have been together 24/7. Again I would so appreciate your thoughts and prayers for Mr. C and his family during this time. It just all seems so unreal right now.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

chrelsey, that is awful. I'm so sorry all this has happened to your family, and so suddenly. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Burntbrat
    , I just saw your post--just terrible. I can't imagine how this must be for this family and all their friends.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

chrelsey - My thoughts and prayers are with your family at this terrible time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    with her entire family all gathered around her as she took her first steps into eternity
    What a beautiful way to put that chrelsey

I will say a prayer for you, Mr. C and his family....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm so sorry

+ Reply to Thread