+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

I have control issues too. But just relax and let the family do it. The dr. said so. So enjoy them waiting on you and doing things for a while. (if it's like my house, probably won't happen again anytime soon, so enjoy it while you can. )

Glad they were able to make the bandage more comfortable for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Thanks, roseskid! Today was the first day I didn't have any more popping up, and yesterday, I only had four, so I'm feeling much, much better. I decided to bite the bullet and apply isopropyl alcohol right on the suckers. It stung like hell, but it burned them up. Once I started splashing on the alcohol, they dried up in a hurry, and took the infernal itch with them. My skin is like the Sahara now, but I don't care. No more itch! That's what I care about. Though actually, I'm not allergic to latex or any bandages at all. I used to be a health care provider, and wore gloves everyday. I sure do have sympathy for anyone with that allergy. It's bad enough having a wound, but to get hives on top of it...how miserable.

Schmoo, so glad to read you're feeling better. That sounds very painful. Continued good health to you!

lopevian and schmoo: Ooo. I'm sorry about your allergies and boo-boos. I hope you all feel better soon!

myrosiedog: I'm so sorry to hear of your annual cry-fest but that is a good thing to do for good mental health. And hopefully, your daughter's anger will alleviate in time.

gabriel: I can't believe it's been almost a year since your beloved Mona passed. I'm not surprised that you would start feeling a bit down. I still miss my Snowy terribly and it's been almost 4 years and I still get teary-eyed every now and then. Skritches to Joey and hugs to you my dear friend
    ------

I found myself crying in the car and at home recently. This will be the our first Christmas without my dear Baba. It doesn't feel right. All year I keep thinking of when I can visit her. I keep taking photos to show her. I've been thinking of what to bake that she would enjoy. She died just after the Holidays last year. Every holiday was planned around her.

I would have loved to have Christmas dinner with her Ukrainian dishes (food and plates) this year and toast her memory but that won't happen. My Mom wants to have us over this year. My Mom would be very upset if I mentioned Baba's name. Very strange, but that's the way my Mom is. You don't mention anyone who has passed. Even if it is your Mom or Dad. Or your kitty.
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-19-2007 at 01:56 AM. Reason: fixing typos
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty - Even though you won't be able to talk about your dear Baba, I know you will keep her in your heart. Despite the fact that it is a sad time occaissionally, we must remember the things that make us smile.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2727868;
    Thanks, roseskid! Today was the first day I didn't have any more popping up, and yesterday, I only had four, so I'm feeling much, much better. I decided to bite the bullet and apply isopropyl alcohol right on the suckers. It stung like hell, but it burned them up. Once I started splashing on the alcohol, they dried up in a hurry, and took the infernal itch with them. My skin is like the Sahara now, but I don't care. No more itch! That's what I care about. Though actually, I'm not allergic to latex or any bandages at all. I used to be a health care provider, and wore gloves everyday. I sure do have sympathy for anyone with that allergy. It's bad enough having a wound, but to get hives on top of it...how miserable.

Schmoo, so glad to read you're feeling better. That sounds very painful. Continued good health to you!
    Dry skin can itch too, so try rubbing in some good healing lotion. Maybe something scent free, so you don't spark anymore hives.

Allergies can develop from over exposure to certain things, so maybe working with the latex and bandages you could have developed a sensitivity.

I get hives from certain foods. Maybe keep a journal of what you've been eating and then write down when and where and what time the hives appear.

I wish you the best of luck. They are not fun. But mine react well to benedryl.

Miss Kitty, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. The holidays can do that when we've lost a loved one. But your Baba wouldn't want you to be so blue about her. She'd want you to make those Ukranian dishes and eat them thinking about her.
    But I do know its not always so easy. My thoughts are with you. I still miss my parents at Christmas. It gets easier. Trite I know. But it does.
    Still its easier now to talk about them and usually we end up laughing our butts off and all the funny stuff my family did.
    I wish that for you. The ability to talk and tell stories and smile about your Baba.

Schmoo Sorry to hear about your boo boo. Just sit back and relax let family spoil you rotten

Hey all - would appreciate your thoughts and prayers today for my mother-in-law.

She has had a terrible cough for the past 6 or 8 months, but refused to go to the doctor. A couple of weeks ago we noticed that she was beginning to emit this awful odor - it really smelled like a dead animal. Needless to say, the family has been bugging the heck out of her to get to the doctor, as it was really obvious that she was sick and not getting better, but she has refused.

Well, last week, while we were up near Dallas (we live near the coast), she and my FIL were up there as well to visit family. My FIL and their daughter (who they were staying with) basically tricked her - they all got in the car under the pretense of going somewhere, when they knew they were really taking her to the emergency room. Needless to say, she was not happy. When they got there she started downplaying everything to the nurse, and they got angry with her and told her she needed to be honest with the doctor and tell them everything. She finally said she would, but only if my FIL and SIL left the room. So they did.

A little bit later - after blood tests and x-rays - the doctor comes down to find them and tells them that my MIL has breast cancer, that the tumor is bigger than her breast, and that the foul odor was literally the dead tissue. Apparently she has known something was wrong for the past year, and that was why she didn't want to go to the doctor about her cough, because she knew this was going on. The nurse then pulls my SIL aside and tells her that my MIL needs to make sure that all of her affairs are in order. The doctor said that if they lived up there he would be admitting her to the hospital that night, as this was urgent, but my in-laws wanted to come back down here. The doctor said he would release her if they agreed to immediately go to an emergency room down here, so we followed them back down the next day and we all went straight to THE cancer center down here. At the cancer center here they didn't do any further tests that day (it was Saturday), but rather got her in the system and referred her to an oncologist - and her appointment is today. They will be doing a mammogram, sonogram, and a fine-needle aspiration biopsy, and we should have the results this afternoon.

But what didn't make sense to me from the very beginning was that the doctor at the emergency room diagnosed what he said was breast cancer without even doing a biopsy! He also said she had an infection around the breast tissue, and he put her on an antibiotic for it. She has been on the antibiotic for 5 or 6 days now, and thankfully the foul odor is gone - which is good - but it leads me to believe that it was the infection causing the odor, not dead tissue.

But to be honest, I am really angry at the emergency room doctor and nurse - and maybe I shouldn't be. Maybe it really is as urgent as he said, but it seems to me that he created such an atmosphere of panic and fear when he really couldn't be sure without further testing. The whole family was SO upset Friday night (and one of my SIL's is 8 months pregnant), and I kept saying, but he didn't do a biopsy - how can he be certain? And then for the emergency room nurse to say what she did to my SIL about my MIL getting her affairs in order - just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, we aren't absolutely sure it actually IS breast cancer yet, and if it is, we don't know the extent of it.

But enough of my rant at the doctor . . . any and all good thoughts/prayers would be appreciated as she goes through the tests and gets the results today.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

How scary for your family chrelsey. I will keep you all in my prayers.

MRD

How scary. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chrelsey, how very scary. My heart goes out to you and your family, please continue to be hopeful and remember anger is 'ok' to feel.

All of my best wishes...
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread