+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Schmoo - Ouch, that sounds really painful. I'm glad you got some pain pills, hope the dr. puts a more comfortable dressing on tomorrow.

mrd - I know it's very stressful when you have a fight with your daughter, but try to take it in stride. My mom and I fought constantly when I was a teenager, now she is my best friend. Sometimes I think I fought with my mom so much because deep down I knew I could be unpleasant and ugly and she would still love me. And just forward those emails from your fancypants cousin to me, I would get such a kick from them.

Schmoo, I'm sorry you're having difficulties with your bandages. Any kind of cast/bandage is such a nuisance and uncomfortable. I hope you're resting better after it's changed.

Lopevian, I hope you're doing better by now, too. I had no idea so many of us have allergies to bandages and/or ointments. A few years ago, I had a huge divot taken out of my shoulder because of skin cancer, and they put Bacitracin on it and bandaged me up. Several hours later I had a huge itchy welt about three times the size of the original incision.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

The one thing I have to tell them I am allergic to every single time is neosporin. I would love to be able to use it, but I get that itchy welt wherever it touches my skin. its hard to find anything else anymore that isn't a copy of it somehow.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2726467;
    The one thing I have to tell them I am allergic to every single time is neosporin. I would love to be able to use it, but I get that itchy welt wherever it touches my skin. its hard to find anything else anymore that isn't a copy of it somehow.
    I'm allergic to betadine of all things. I had to call a doctor after having toe surgery many years ago at 3 in the morning because the pain was unbearable. I was supposed to be soaking it in water and betadine and the pain was just incredible. Turns out the betadine was causing even more problems. That's why I know that pain gets a LOT worse at 3 a.m.

I hope yours is better today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

can't wait until 9 (only 2 1/2 more hours).
    actually thinking it may be more than just the gauze. They had a drainage tube attached to that area because there was so much 'oozing' and I'm wondering if it has filled up and swollen enough to cause it to tighten in that area. Me, I would have just snippied it to loosen it - but he wants to see it.

but we have to do what the dr says.

MRD

Schmoo,

I hope everything's ok. I hope the dr. can do something to relieve your pain.

Sending good thoughts and healing thoughts too.

I hope you are feeling better real soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

schmoo, I'm trying to feel your pain and take it away from you but I don't think it's working. Hope you feel better soon!

Much better. they rewrapped with nothing going around my toes. and simple enough that I can adjust if needed.
    but, he says to stay off of it until after Christmas.
    I must learn to let loose of control and hand it off to the hubby and kids this year.
    yes, I have control issues.
    Hubby did decorate the family room now.
    I just need to sit back and let them all handle it.

Yes, you need to follow doctor's orders. So if things aren't exactly the way you want them, that's OK.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Schmoo, and remember, whoever puts up has to take down and put away. See how relaxing it can be?

+ Reply to Thread