+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your cousin not being able to make it to your house DesertRose....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2723727;
    Not my troubles per se, but it still affects me. I posted in the Good news thread that my cousin was coming from Italy for the holidays. It looks as though she will not after all. She missed her flights this morning because it snowed an unprecedented 40cm in South of Italy (most winters they have NO snow). The next flight with United is not before Tuesday and she has to pay 900$ (a person? total?) if she wants to take it. She's still undecided as what she will do. I'm just glad she's safe and sound at home.
    I'm so sorry she isn't going to make it. I know you are both disappointed.

However your email about the snow in Italy did bring out my evil side.

I have a 3rd cousin who I have not seen in 7 years. But I do get these really pretentious, bragging emails from her. She is a trophy wife of a much older, rich man. I got the most pretentious it was almost insulting email from her on Wed. saying that her Christmas present was a trip to Italy starting last Thur. She name dropped some name I've never heard of to say they would be staying in "her villa" and went on and on. I was ready to GAG. Now, don't get me wrong, I think anyone that gets to travel is lucky. But the email was just WAY over the top and like I said almost insulting. As I've been to Italy, I wanted to write her back with tips of places to go/see, etc., but I didn't.
    So anyway, when I read your post about all the snow, I couldn't help thinking about her over there this weekend, supposedly enjoying sunny Italy and it snowing instead. She's from Atlanta, so I doubt they see much snow there. I'm sure she's getting her fill this weekend. I know, I'm mean, but if you could have read the email (the children will be staying with the Nanny, who I ADORE! and so and so has all our legal documents in case - what the f is that about and why would I care?---) you'd feel the same way I did hearing this news. I know, I shouldn't feel this way, but it just gauls me the way she acts.

Anyway, I AM really sorry about your cousin.

But not too sorry for mine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

[QUOTE=myrosiedog;2723882;She is a trophy wife of a much older, rich man. I got the most pretentious it was almost insulting email from her on Wed. saying that her Christmas present was a trip to Italy starting last Thur. She name dropped some name I've never heard of to say they would be staying in "her villa" and went on and on. [/QUOTE]

Wow, she sounds like a delight! Maybe I will invite her to stay at my house for the next holiday season.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2724203;
    Wow, she sounds like a delight! Maybe I will invite her to stay at my house for the next holiday season.
    Is your house a "villa"????

Yeah, she's a real peach. Her grandmother is my FAVORITE cousin. My mom and her grandmother were first cousins, so she and I are even real close related wise or otherwise. And the rest of her family are just wonderful. I don't know why she is like she is. She's about 15 years younger than me, so I don't even know her all that well.

I don't know why I got the email I got other than to brag. I've never met either husband she's had. I've never seen her 3 kids. She has NEVER asked anything about me or mine when she does email. Just sends ridiculous photos and bragging, name dropping emails and she wonders why I won't come see her (actually come see her "wonderful new home", not her or the kids, but the wonderful new home.). No thanks. I'd rather see your grandmother. She's "real".

Trixie, I can have her add you to her email list if you want. I'm sure she'd love one more person she can boast too.

MRD

Had a nasty argument with my daughter this morning. I don't know why I let her get to me like she does sometimes, but I really did want to knock her head against the wall. I didn't of course, but geez, I'm not sure I can survive too many more years of this teen angst crap. Thank goodness she went to work today so I get a few hours to try to restore my Christmas spirit and good humor.
    Just really feel down about it. I hate fighting with her and I hate how she makes me feel when we do fight. I always end up feeling like a failure as a mom and human being and the stupidest person on the planet. ( I can't be too stupid, I apparantly had the good sense to stop at one child knowing that more would just all gang up on me. )

I think we all ought to work on a "letter" together and send it on to her. I also think we ought to be graphic in the health descriptions-sort of a humorous Mae West meets Dr Frankinstein!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2725232;
    Had a nasty argument with my daughter this morning. I don't know why I let her get to me like she does sometimes, but I really did want to knock her head against the wall. I didn't of course, but geez, I'm not sure I can survive too many more years of this teen angst crap. Thank goodness she went to work today so I get a few hours to try to restore my Christmas spirit and good humor.
    Just really feel down about it. I hate fighting with her and I hate how she makes me feel when we do fight. I always end up feeling like a failure as a mom and human being and the stupidest person on the planet. ( I can't be too stupid, I apparantly had the good sense to stop at one child knowing that more would just all gang up on me. )
    Don't get down on yourself. You must be doing lots of things right, she has a job. Many teens don't even know what work is. Hang in there. They grow up too fast!
    One time when my son was about 15 yo, he said the standard "You don't know what it's like being a teenager" line. It hit me just right and I BLURTED out " Oh YES I DO! I have been YOUR age but YOU have never been MY age. SO YOU DON'T KNOW!"

MRD

Thanks. She got home from work and was in a better mood. Her dad is going to take her out and talk to her. Not take her out as in reward, but get out of the house and talk to her in a neutral setting. He agrees that I seem to bear the brunt of her anger. And we don't understand what she's so angry about. I don't think she realizes what she's angry about.

The cousin has reared her pretentious head again. I got a Christmas card today and it included a THREE PAGE full color with photos newsletter. OMG, I wanted to barf. My husband read it and said its almost a parody of the pretentious Christmas newsletter, but its real. I have decided that from now on, I'm going to throw anyway any snail mail and delete all emails unread from her. I guess I must not run in the right circles because I really don't know anyone else that acts like this. Fortunately.

ok. this is stupid, but back in the KK we were discussiing flip flops and I said I could NEVER wear them because I can't tolerate anything between my toes.
    so, I have this 3 inch incision in my foot, a bone with 2 pins in it - and the most painful thing right now is the darn GAUZE that is wrapped up and around my big toe. I want to cry it is feeling so raw.

No other pain, and I wasn't using the pain pills. I just want to unwrap it and redo it with some cotton or something under the gauze - but I have a call in to the Dr to see if I can do that. It feels like a rubber band tight around my toe rightnow and I know it is just the stupid gauze.

eta: dr is going to rewrap it tomorrow morning. pain pill tonight though.
    Last edited by schmoo2; 12-17-2007 at 08:45 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2725908;
    ok. this is stupid, but back in the KK we were discussiing flip flops and I said I could NEVER wear them because I can't tolerate anything between my toes.
    so, I have this 3 inch incision in my foot, a bone with 2 pins in it - and the most painful thing right now is the darn GAUZE that is wrapped up and around my big toe. I want to cry it is feeling so raw.

No other pain, and I wasn't using the pain pills. I just want to unwrap it and redo it with some cotton or something under the gauze - but I have a call in to the Dr to see if I can do that. It feels like a rubber band tight around my toe rightnow and I know it is just the stupid gauze.
    Oh Schmoo, that doesn't sound stupid, that sounds painful. I'd call the dr. right now and see if they will let you relieve that with the cotton. Don't go all night long in pain. Let me tell you from experience, pain gets MUCH, MUCH worse at 3 a.m. It's just what pain does.
    That's what pains job is, to wake you up and make life hell in the wee hours when you can't do anything about it.

So my advice is call now and don't wait until 3 a.m. when you REALLY don't want to call the dr. and no one wants to get up with you and hold your hand either. (at least in my house) Call now and see if you can get some relief. (me being the rebel I've always been would have already cut the gauze off by now and told the dr. later. But I don't reccomend that. I never do what I'm supposed to anyway. I'm a horrible patient)

I hope you find relief. Sending you good thoughts and pain free wishes.

+ Reply to Thread