+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1778Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2721789;
    In any case, they asked if they could send me a gift box as a thank you for letting them know and for my suffering. I told them yes, and to include a back-scratcher.

I have a tube of something called triple antibiotic ointment and also A & D ointment. Is that what you mean ? I may just try that. Thanks.
    I hope it isn't a first aid kit of their dressings!!

My sister who is a nurse told me that while those bandages are supposed to be allergy free, a LOT of people have trouble with them. It's not so much an allergy in my case, but I don't do well with most dressings other than paper tape. On my surgical dressing, it pulled a bunch of skin off on one side when removed--OUCH-- and the other side was just very aggravated.

Yes, the triple antibiotic is like what I was taking about-I finally figured out I'm thinking of Neosporin.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2721355;
    In a word... HIVES! If they keep melding together, I'm going to have to change the word to... Hive! They're on my head, on my feet, and everywhere in between. For whatever reason, the giant one (there used to be about thirty) on my stomach is the worst, in terms of itch. It's like the queen hive, directing it's hideous offspring north, south, east and west.
    Awww, you poor thing. I had an awful hive problem for a few years after I had a virus. I'd break out with them all over any time I exercised and when I was particularly stressed out. I had all kinds of medical tests for allergies and things like lupus. They finally decided I was just one of the small percentage of people who got hives as a reaction to a flu-like virus which for some unexplained reason didn't go away with the virus. I still get them if I get a virus but not nearly as badly and they go away with the virus. What finally seems to have made the hives not such a problem was a bizarre drug combination including anti-malaria medication.

What I learned having to cope with hives for such an extended period of time is that a hot bath or hot shower is actually soothing and makes the itching go away even though the hives look worse temporarily. I hope yours go away soon and stay away.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2721880;
    Awww, you poor thing. I had an awful hive problem for a few years after I had a virus. I'd break out with them all over any time I exercised and when I was particularly stressed out. I had all kinds of medical tests for allergies and things like lupus. They finally decided I was just one of the small percentage of people who got hives as a reaction to a flu-like virus which for some unexplained reason didn't go away with the virus. I still get them if I get a virus but not nearly as badly and they go away with the virus. What finally seems to have made the hives not such a problem was a bizarre drug combination including anti-malaria medication.

What I learned having to cope with hives for such an extended period of time is that a hot bath or hot shower is actually soothing and makes the itching go away even though the hives look worse temporarily. I hope yours go away soon and stay away.
    Aveno Oatmeal soap is a great soap to use when bathing for an itching problem. also don't make the water too hot or it will actually make the hives worse.

I have them constantly. I'm allergic to all kinds of stuff. I keep benedryl on hand and pop one at the first hive.

I hope you are feeling better. Hives are NO fun at all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2721864;
    I hope it isn't a first aid kit of their dressings!!

My sister who is a nurse told me that while those bandages are supposed to be allergy free, a LOT of people have trouble with them. It's not so much an allergy in my case, but I don't do well with most dressings other than paper tape. On my surgical dressing, it pulled a bunch of skin off on one side when removed--OUCH-- and the other side was just very aggravated.

Yes, the triple antibiotic is like what I was taking about-I finally figured out I'm thinking of Neosporin.
    I'm one of those people who has a reaction to bandages. Even the simple little ones you put on minor cuts. I had a mole removed on my chest and the band aid made my whole chest get a rash till I removed it. Triple antibiotic is what I use when I have moles removed. It works good and is supposed to cut back on scaring.

Yeesh, thanks for the heads up on the potential bandaging rashes/allergic reaction. Glad to know I might be looking forward to that! And also thanks for the remedies in advance!!

Gabriel, thank goodness you had another gem to help you through your grief. I wish I'd thought of that a few years back.

MRD, I am glad your time was before the holidays and not on. Keep your positive and rosy outlook!

and Echo226, let us know if you ever get your backscratcher!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Thank you echo and Mariner. I keep telling myself that at least they're not painful. I think even a head to toe itch is better than pain. But, they are a royal pain just the same. They broke out on Thursday, and I thought a hot shower would help alleviate the itching, but the hot water seemed to make them come alive. Since I haven't had any new ones popping up since last night, I thought I'd try a shower again this morning (mainly because of all the layers of Calamine lotion and Hydrocortisone cream), and the lukewarm water I used was extremely soothing. I'm thinking the cause of the hideous little suckers must have been stress.

gabriel, cats are so sensitive to the moods of those they own. Do you think Joey might be picking up on your sadness? Gosh, I feel so bad for both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2721930;
    Gabriel, thank goodness you had another gem to help you through your grief. I wish I'd thought of that a few years back.
    famita - I am so thankful that Joey is in my life, I can only imagine it would have been even worse for me had I not had him.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2722239;
    Thank you echo and Mariner. I keep telling myself that at least they're not painful. I think even a head to toe itch is better than pain. But, they are a royal pain just the same. They broke out on Thursday, and I thought a hot shower would help alleviate the itching, but the hot water seemed to make them come alive. Since I haven't had any new ones popping up since last night, I thought I'd try a shower again this morning (mainly because of all the layers of Calamine lotion and Hydrocortisone cream), and the lukewarm water I used was extremely soothing. I'm thinking the cause of the hideous little suckers must have been stress.

gabriel, cats are so sensitive to the moods of those they own. Do you think Joey might be picking up on your sadness? Gosh, I feel so bad for both of you.

lopevian - I hate itches period and I hope you get relief quickly. You're probably so right about Joey, besides for a big fella - he is rather sensitive anyway, so I am going to put on a happy happy face.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2721452;
    little booshka mooshka Clairesy strudle doodle struzel noodle
    Oh good Lord Benedral. Is there Sodium Pentathal in there?

gabriel, I once had the pleasure of sharing life with Floyd. Named not for the band, but for the pretty boy. He was a very sensitive cat. He very much lived by the motto "if mama's happy, I'm happy". Keep smiling.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2723550;
    Oh good Lord Benedral. Is there Sodium Pentathal in there?
    gabriel, I once had the pleasure of sharing life with Floyd. Named not for the band, but for the pretty boy. He was a very sensitive cat. He very much lived by the motto "if mama's happy, I'm happy". Keep smiling.

No, but I know I ALWAYS sleep well when I have to take it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Not my troubles per se, but it still affects me. I posted in the Good news thread that my cousin was coming from Italy for the holidays. It looks as though she will not after all. She missed her flights this morning because it snowed an unprecedented 40cm in South of Italy (most winters they have NO snow). The next flight with United is not before Tuesday and she has to pay 900$ (a person? total?) if she wants to take it. She's still undecided as what she will do. I'm just glad she's safe and sound at home.

+ Reply to Thread