+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061621021525521052 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarlaD
    I got engaged over the summer and am trying to slowly plan this behemoth ceremony they call a wedding. I was browsing wedding dresses online yesterday, and I have to say, they creep me out a little. I'm not sure I understand why exactly, but when I look at them, they remind me of dead people. Either in the sense of a ghostly bride haunting a gothic mansion or else ancestral photos of the weddings of people who are long gone. How am I going to choose a dress with these images going through my head? The more practical aversions I have are plantation hoops, snaggy fabric, price, trains, veils etc.... Obviously I'm not much of a fan of the traditional wedding and I'll have to find my own style. If I'm going to dress up, I want to still feel like me. A typical wedding dress for me, would be like putting on the pretty version of a Big Bird costume.
    I feel ya sister! I agree about those types of wedding dresses.. I, being a tomboy and all, don't agree with the "traditional" wedding costs, attire, rituals, etc.. Sounds to me like you are the same (quote; "slowly plan this behemoth ceremony they call a wedding").
    Does your fiance feel the same way? Ask him what he thinks...maybe you both can figure out a neat thing to do that'll compliment both ideals of a "wedding ceremony".
    Who knows.. maybe you'll both want to get married underwater and the only thing you'll have to worry about.. is what color you want the oxygen tank to be.
    Last edited by Maveno; 12-27-2004 at 01:13 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Good luck toothdoc. I hope everything goes well. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Thanks for the well wishes to all who wrote.

It's all over and I have to say it wasn't bad at all. For anyone to has to have a colonoscopy, be sure to ask about the pill regime. It was a breeze. It wasn't even 1/2 as bad as any virus I've ever had. He gave me a little Versed and asked to roll on my left side. We spoke for a minute and the next thing I remember was being wide awake in the preop area. The knockout drug he uses takes effect in 1 or 2 seconds and wears off in about 15 mins. I came home as if nothing ever happened. He found 2 small polyps which will be sent to the lab. He told me they looked fine and that I didn't have anything to worry about.

I'm glad this is "behind" me.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc

That is great news toothdoc.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    That's great news, Toothdoc.

I'll have to remember about the pills; I've seen the parents do the liquid stuff and that's just a nasty proposition.

Good for you, Toothdoc. I'm glad all was well during the procedure, and it wasn't as bad as you had anticipated.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    He gave me a little Versed and asked to roll on my left side. We spoke for a minute and the next thing I remember was being wide awake in the preop area. The knockout drug he uses takes effect in 1 or 2 seconds and wears off in about 15 mins. I came home as if nothing ever happened. He found 2 small polyps which will be sent to the lab. He told me they looked fine and that I didn't have anything to worry about.

I'm glad it's behind you too, toothdoc. Let me just say, I LOVE VERSED! I've had several neck surgeries, and lots of tests, and versed is LOVELY! Anyway, I'm glad you're done, and I hope things turn out A-OK for you. Keep us informed.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Forget the PM I sent you toothdoc, I didn't see this. I've had more than one colonoscopy and have been awake for each one! They even broke my toe during one of them. They jammed it between the table and the x-ray machine as I'm 6'3" and me feey were hanging off the table. Buttheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Forget the PM I sent you toothdoc, I didn't see this. I've had more than one colonoscopy and have been awake for each one! They even broke my toe during one of them. They jammed it between the table and the x-ray machine as I'm 6'3" and me feey were hanging off the table. Buttheads.
    Too late Unk, I saw the PM 1st. Why on earth were you awake? Good grief a broken toe? That wasn't on the list of potential complications they gave me to sign. Although I would have loved to have watched on the screen while the test was run, there isn't a chance in hell I'd be awake for that....k-y gel or no k-y gel.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I'm glad it's behind you too, toothdoc. Let me just say, I LOVE VERSED! I've had several neck surgeries, and lots of tests, and versed is LOVELY! Anyway, I'm glad you're done, and I hope things turn out A-OK for you. Keep us informed.
    I didn't get a chance to enjoy the Versed. I wish he had given it to me when I was 1st rolled into the room. I laid there 10 min or longer with a bad headache and bored to death. Maybe I should have pretended to be very nervous.

toothdoc

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I'm glad everything worked out for you toothdoc.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread