+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1550Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry JLuvs...My deepest sympathies to his family and to you!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

JLuvs, you have my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your dear friend Sean. May the heavens welcome him and keep him. He's an angel now, and will be with you forever. Please take care of yourself, too. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

myrosiedog, so glad to read that you are feeling better, and have a diagnosis that you can work with. Best of luck and health to you.
    Last edited by lopevian; 12-10-2007 at 03:39 PM.

MRD

Jluvs,
    So sorry for your loss. I know this is difficult for you and for his family.

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Lopevian. I'm still not feeling much better (pain is returning as the demoral I got during the test is wearing off) and just found out that one of the medications prescribed has to have prior approval from insurance before they can fill it. ARGH, just burns me up that insurance companies are practicing medicine now.
    The sooner I can get on the meds, the sooner I can start feeling better and I am happy that we do know the cause of all the pain and hopefully get it fixed.
    I just want to scream at my ins. company to either fill the prescription or pay for me to end up with expensive hospital bills they have to pay if the ulcer does get worse and perforates.

I am of two minds about waiting for the biopsy results until after Christmas though. On the one hand I want to know now, on the other I want to wait until after the holidays. As its not a life threatening disease they biopsied for, maybe enjoying the holidays will be better than to finding out beforehand and having to really adjust the diet. I guess this way, I can go out with a bang and enjoy all the "bad for you" Christmas treats before I have to buckle down and go wheat free.

But thank you. I'm relieved to have this over with today.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-10-2007 at 03:58 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2713756;
    Jluvs,
    So sorry for your loss. I know this is difficult for you and for his family.

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Lopevian. I'm still not feeling much better (pain is returning as the demoral I got during the test is wearing off) and just found out that one of the medications prescribed has to have prior approval from insurance before they can fill it. ARGH, just burns me up that insurance companies are practicing medicine now.
    The sooner I can get on the meds, the sooner I can start feeling better and I am happy that we do know the cause of all the pain and hopefully get it fixed.
    I just want to scream at my ins. company to either fill the prescription or pay for me to end up with expensive hospital bills they have to pay if the ulcer does get worse and perforates.

I am of two minds about waiting for the biopsy results until after Christmas though. On the one hand I want to know now, on the other I want to wait until after the holidays. As its not a life threatening disease they biopsied for, maybe enjoying the holidays will be better than to finding out beforehand and having to really adjust the diet. I guess this way, I can go out with a bang and enjoy all the "bad for you" Christmas treats before I have to buckle down and go wheat free.

But thank you. I'm relieved to have this over with today.
    MRD - Sending best wishes your way and I hope that you're feeling better soon from the procedure - and from the ulcers! I remember how sore I was after my recent endoscopy when they did biopsies . . . I could feel the exact two areas they biopsied, and it was a good two or three days before I started to really feel like myself again.

I empathize, too, about the insurance companies and medication. When my doctor prescribed Nexium back in July, you could have knocked me over with a feather when the pharmacist told me that the insurance company needed my doctor to call them and tell them that she wanted me on this medication - it made no sense to me. Stupid me - I guess I figured that it was obvious that she wanted me on this medication if she WROTE the prescription for it . . . silly me. I guess I don't take medication often enough to have heard about needing to get approvals for certain medications - but now I know better! They finally approved me to be on it for one year . . . I wonder if when my doctor doubled my dosage after my endoscopy if it means that now I can only be on it for six months . . . . . . wouldn't surprise me!

Keep us posted on the results - and in the meantime, enjoy your Christmas goodies as much as you can!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

myrosiedog, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and hope that you will remain optimistic about your ongoing treatments...2008 has got to be a better year for you!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2713821;
    myrosiedog, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and hope that you will remain optimistic about your ongoing treatments...2008 has got to be a better year for you!
    Thanks Lois, I've been saying that since 1999.

But I am working on things to make 2008 my year even if it isn't.

I have no choice but to remain optimistic. To do otherwise is to admit defeat and I'm not ready for that yet.

Oh myrosiedog, I truly hope you are able to enjoy the holidays this year and fix the problem next year. I agree with you about insurance companies becoming doctors suddenly. It's no fair.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2713791;
    MRD - Sending best wishes your way and I hope that you're feeling better soon from the procedure - and from the ulcers! I remember how sore I was after my recent endoscopy when they did biopsies . . . I could feel the exact two areas they biopsied, and it was a good two or three days before I started to really feel like myself again.

I empathize, too, about the insurance companies and medication. When my doctor prescribed Nexium back in July, you could have knocked me over with a feather when the pharmacist told me that the insurance company needed my doctor to call them and tell them that she wanted me on this medication - it made no sense to me. Stupid me - I guess I figured that it was obvious that she wanted me on this medication if she WROTE the prescription for it . . . silly me. I guess I don't take medication often enough to have heard about needing to get approvals for certain medications - but now I know better! They finally approved me to be on it for one year . . . I wonder if when my doctor doubled my dosage after my endoscopy if it means that now I can only be on it for six months . . . . . . wouldn't surprise me!

Keep us posted on the results - and in the meantime, enjoy your Christmas goodies as much as you can!
    I know right? Who'd have thought. I mean it wasn't like you had a prescription for a "controlled substance" where they might want to check to see if the dr. had REALLY written that, but for nexium which is for the tummy.
    I swear its getting ridiculous. My doctor has had to fill out paperwork for me before to send in to the ins. company so they would approve the medication. Meanwhile it can take days. I think they do that so they can get the dr. to write something cheaper.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend, Jluvs. I lost a good friend a few years ago so I know how devastating it is.

Hope you feel better really soon, myrosiedog. Which can be difficult when insurance companies do every blasted thing to make you miserable.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2714071;
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend, Jluvs. I lost a good friend a few years ago so I know how devastating it is.

Hope you feel better really soon, myrosiedog. Which can be difficult when insurance companies do every blasted thing to make you miserable.
    It's a Christmas Miracle! Because I don't feel well and am still woozy from the stuff they gave me today, my daughter and her boyfriend are washing the dishes! Since the dishwasher broke 3 weeks ago, we've had to handwash. But since its supposed to get fixed tomorrow, they decided to help me for the first time and do the dishes tonight. Of course.

Seriously they are helping because I don't feel well and everyone's been on different schedules so this is the first time we've all eaten together in several days.

Insurance companies make me miserable even when I'm not sick. A very necessary evil is you ask me. You pay and pay and then when you make a claim, they they have to be miserly about paying out or require multitudes of forms, reviews, etc. UGH,
    And what makes me maddest is that the various insurances we carry probably total at least 1/3 to 1/2 of our total outlay in bills.

+ Reply to Thread