+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

JLuvs - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you're comforted by the fact that you did get to see him and tell him how you felt about him. Sometimes when we have a chance to say goodbye, the grieving is a little easier. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jluvs - My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sean, and his family at this time.

MRD

JLuvs,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your friend and his family are in our thoughts and prayers at this time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

JLuvs, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Even though you were expecting this eventually, it's still hard to say good-bye. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

JLuvs, your friend Sean, his family and you are in my thoughts... I am very sorry for what everyone is going through.

JLuvs...I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Please know that all of you are in my prayers. May God bless you with strength, comfort, and peace in the days ahead.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2665576;
    Hi, I'm sushifan and I'm new. ("Hi, Sushifan") Just wanted to talk about some stuff that's on my mind.

(1) I'm working 14-hour days and I'm burnt out -- but I feel like I can't complain to anyone about it because I get paid a lot of money to do this job. I'm very thankful for the paycheck but if this doesn't get better I may have to walk away soon. What sucks is that every time I talk about switching jobs, my dad tells me I'd be an idiot to leave because I'd be giving up all this money. Sigh . . .

(2) I'm cooking Thanksgiving next week for 15 people and feel totally overwhelmed. I just unpacked my china from the wedding and we don't have everything we need . . . and there's no time to get it. I have no tablecloth and I'm not sure I have enough serving dishes. I'm going to be a disaster!

(3) Finally, I would really, really like to lose the ten pounds I have gained since my wedding, but I have a hard time motivating to lose it when I'm working so hard and am so unhappy at work. I could really use a motivation buddy, but my husband loves ice cream and fried chicken. Double sigh . . .

Thanks for listening.
    I know that I am late to read and answer this, but I just wanted to say that you're not alone in the money vs. happiness department. I think a lot of us are that way and a lot of our parents have similar thoughts to your father. It's perspective. For my parents, who worked very hard long hours at grueling jobs early in their lives, me complaining about a cushy office job where I'm cool in the summer and warm in the winter is just complaining by comparison. But I am sure that in the long run, your dad wants what is best for you. And only you can decide what is best for you.

I'm a big worrier about money, but I've always been a good saver. So now I've got plenty of "FU" money...what's "FU" money, you ask? Think of a vulgar 4 letter word that starts with an F and add YOU at the end of it. I don't think I'd ever say that to anyone but it gives me peace of mind to know I can say it if any boss gets too out of hand.

One of my friends absolutely hated her job and her crazy boss, who was always contradicting herself and blaming it on her employees. My friend set a time limit that she would work there-- 1-1/2 years. It was much easier for her to go to work when she realized that she wouldn't be there forever. She figured that was what she needed to work so that she could take a 1-year sabbatical from work to travel, go take classes (just for fun) etc. She did exactly that. She found that she had actually saved enough money that she extended her unemployment to 2 years...and now she's working at a job that she loves in a new city and environment.

About feeling thankful about that big paycheck...unless you're Paris Hilton getting paid $200,000 to show up at a Vegas party, my guess is that you're earning your salary with hard work that is well done! So your company should feel grateful for you, too. 14-hour days are way too long--you should be paid well for that. They're not doing you favors by working you that hard...

Thanksgiving...I know it's over but whenever I host it, everyone brings something (probably 'cause they're scared of my cooking! As they should be! ). Mr. Lane and I make the turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, all the homemade pies and treats (which I bake the evening before), beverages, wine, coffee etc. And everyone else brings a side dish. My sister makes this killer homemade cranberry sauce. She also makes the most fantastic homemade salad dressing that's drool worthy. Someone else will bring sweet potatoes etc. In the past I've told people they don't have to bring anything but they also do and it's so delicious that now I look forward to it!

My wedding china set is for 11 people...we always have about 20. Know what we do? We use our everyday white china for the rest (which are usually little kids anyhow) and it works out fine. Nobody cares! We have some serving pieces that match our nice wedding china...but most of the don't. This year, my sister and sister in law were oohing over all our serving platters--none of which matched except for two. That's what they noticed--that they were nice, not that they didn't match. Also, we don't have enough nice silverware either, so we mix and match. We only entertain for a large crowd like this maybe two or three times a year...I don't need to clutter up my china cabinet buying more expensive pieces that will rarely see the day of light.

BTW, we are hosting Christmas dinner again. Everyone as already started asking what they can bring. I can't wait!

JLuvs, your friend and his family are in my prayers.

My heart is breaking for you JLuvs. I'm so sorry.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

JLuvs, you know I'm here for you! I'm so terribly sorry for your friend and his family.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread