+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1771Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

QueenB, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. She will be in my thoughts. And to you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2701209;
    yes, they have several great products and cleaners that help with oily skin. My daughter has used that and has used one found in Walgreens. It is a 3 product system and I can't remember the name. But its a Walgreens brand.

If you go to a drug store like Walgreens or CVS, ask the cosmetic department. They really do know about what products are best and can help you find a cleaners that will help with oily skin. Many products are made just for oily skin.

Proactive is great, but kind of expensive. They do have a website, so google them and see all their products. And you can order it online too.
    Thanks for your help! Hope all goes well with your husband!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spellboundboy;2701189;
    The thing is that I don't have acne, just greasy/dry skin. Would Proactive work anyway?
    If you don't have acne, then you're way ahead of the game! I recommend Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin. And if you can afford it, facials can help with the pores. Can you go to a dermatalogist to see what he/she recommends?

queenb
    , I will be wishing positive thoughts for your mother...and I'm sorry about the slew of bad luck you are having.

Aww, queenb, I'm sorry about all the troubles you've had the past couple of days. I drove through Atlanta over the holiday weekend and thought about you. I hope that your mother pulls through and that you get some good news soon.

spellboundboy the Acne Free product I mentioned is a three-step cleansing process that would be good for oily skin. It's a cleanser, toner and moisturizer, I think. The kit will last three months or so and that's pretty good for $20. But I agree with others that if you have doubts, ask the person at the cosmetic counter.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2701947;
    Aww, queenb, I'm sorry about all the troubles you've had the past couple of days. I drove through Atlanta over the holiday weekend and thought about you. I hope that your mother pulls through and that you get some good news soon.

spellboundboy the Acne Free product I mentioned is a three-step cleansing process that would be good for oily skin. It's a cleanser, toner and moisturizer, I think. The kit will last three months or so and that's pretty good for $20. But I agree with others that if you have doubts, ask the person at the cosmetic counter.
    I forgot, do you know what it is called and where it's sold?

It's called "Acne Free"

I know it's at Walmart because that's where we get it. It is probably at other stores like Walgreens and CVS.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

queenb: I did not realize that both you and your Mom are not doing so well. Please know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I will send angels and healing energy to your both! Please keep us posted.

myrosiedog: I hope that your hubby's new job works out ok for him and he ends up liking it a lot! Fingers crossed!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just found out the other day that ontop of my aunt having the worse case of lupas, and among other things, that she found out she's got leukemia. I love my aunt more then I've ever loved anyone, she's been the mom to me since my mom died. We were so close, she would pick me up from grade school everyday and I would have dinner with her and her husband(my uncle) and then my dad would pick me up after he got off work.

My dad and I are sorta close again, I don't approve of what he's done to his life with having a gambling problem, but being as to his sister is VERY sick, he needs me more then I need to be mad at him for what he's done.

My grandma is doing better, she's home from the hospital. They found out that she wasn't getting enough salt in her body.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2702015;
    It's called "Acne Free"

I know it's at Walmart because that's where we get it. It is probably at other stores like Walgreens and CVS.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2702765;
    I just found out the other day that ontop of my aunt having the worse case of lupas, and among other things, that she found out she's got leukemia. I love my aunt more then I've ever loved anyone, she's been the mom to me since my mom died. We were so close, she would pick me up from grade school everyday and I would have dinner with her and her husband(my uncle) and then my dad would pick me up after he got off work.

My dad and I are sorta close again, I don't approve of what he's done to his life with having a gambling problem, but being as to his sister is VERY sick, he needs me more then I need to be mad at him for what he's done.

My grandma is doing better, she's home from the hospital. They found out that she wasn't getting enough salt in her body.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

+ Reply to Thread