+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Queenb, I'm sorry to hear all your bad news. Hugs to you and know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

queenb-You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2700926;
    I did come in here to vent today, yesterdy was bad...
    I'm having a nerve tested and burned in my back Monday, so I've had to stop taking my arthritis medicine this week, and it's worn all the way off now...waaah. Uncle Arthur is kicking my butt.
    Next bad thing, I got a call from my Dad to get in touch--Mom had a boiopsy Wednesday, and the results are in; a growth on her pancreas is renal cell cancer. There are also 2 spots in her lung they haven't checked. We won't know anything else until December 10th, but this does not look good at all. I am glad she is not having any symptoms yet.
    Then I went to work, got my mind distracted and made a mistake, now I've been booted from work till next Thursday. Ouch.
    queenb - I'm so sorry. Keep us posted how things are going. If she's open to it, suggest looking into a cancer support group. Our hospital has one once a month and it includes survivors, newly diagnosed, relatives, - anyone touched by the cancer experience. We also meet outside of the group and call ourselves Club C... last night we went out to dinner and to a local production of The King and I. I didn't think I needed a support group, but just being with people who have been there themselves is a great feeling. I'll be keeping you and yours in my thoughts.
    Count your blessings!

Queenb. I will keep your mom in my prayers.

queenb - I'm so sorry to hear all that you're going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Come and vent any time you feel you need to. It really does help when we share our burdens.

queenb, I'm thinking of you and your loved ones. My thoughts and prayers. And as for "uncle arthur",...ptui on him!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2700685;
    spellboundboy I can not stress enough the advantages of Proactive or other similar solutions. My daughter is in the height of puberty at a young age and the generic brand (Acne Free) had done wonders. WONDERS. I wish it was around when I was a kid. If you have access, get the Acne Free product at Walmart. It's $20 for a kit, but it's worth it. Keep up with it every day and you'll see a huge difference.

And... clean and clear used to make me break out. Maybe you should stop that and try something else if it's not working.
    The thing is that I don't have acne, just greasy/dry skin. Would Proactive work anyway?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by spellboundboy;2701189;
    The thing is that I don't have acne, just greasy/dry skin. Would Proactive work anyway?
    yes, they have several great products and cleaners that help with oily skin. My daughter has used that and has used one found in Walgreens. It is a 3 product system and I can't remember the name. But its a Walgreens brand.

If you go to a drug store like Walgreens or CVS, ask the cosmetic department. They really do know about what products are best and can help you find a cleaners that will help with oily skin. Many products are made just for oily skin.

Proactive is great, but kind of expensive. They do have a website, so google them and see all their products. And you can order it online too.

MRD

I think I mentioned that hubby has had to change jobs recently. He starts the new one on Mon. He's talked with his new boss several times and has met him to go over stuff and hubby says the guy is a real flake, so he's having 2nd thoughts about this job now. He has other options, but this one was going to be really good. I hope the guy is just stressed because he is behind on his jobs. But one of the pluses about my husband is he is a great troubleshooter/manager and should be able to get things back on track fairly soon if this boss doesn't totally freak out which I guess he did over Thanksgiving and took off on vacation for a week instead of trying to work on the stuff he's behind on.

I hope all goes well for Mr. MRD in his new job. It sounds like he's exactly what his new boss needs!

+ Reply to Thread