+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Lil Bit,

I am so sorry to hear about Sam. Sending hugs and prayers.

They are not "just" dogs or cats. They are valuable members of our families and as such, its just as hard to let them go as it is anyone else.

And unlike some members of my extended family, my dogs bring me such unconditional love, no judgement and lots of comfort. So no, they aren't just dogs. They are part of my heart and soul. And they don't try to tell me how to live, or what I'm doing is wrong. They don't care, as long as I take the very best care of them, they love me for just being me and nothing else. Who else is going to love you like that and keep their mouth shut about your secrets???

And I'm sure Sam is still part of your heart and soul too. As I believe that they stay part of us, even when they have gone.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2690521;
    This morning my husband and I had to take our beloved Boston Terrier, Sam to the vet and have him put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do and I've been crying all morning. He was 11 years old and had been going down hill rapidly recently. He had cataracts on his eyes and his hearing was getting bad. He had arthritis pretty bad and lately I noticed that he often had trouble swallowing. This morning he had a seizure and was obviously in a lot of pain. We called the vet and he said that he'd meet us at his office. Sam had another seizure on the way and wasn't able to stand and was having trouble breathing when we got to the vet. We decided the best thing to do was to stop his pain.

He was a part of our family for the last 11 years and we will miss him so much. I know that there are people who say that they are "just dogs", but any creature that can bring that much joy into someones else's life can never be considered "just" anything.

Rest in Peace Sammy. I love you.
    Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. There is no such thing as "just a dog". They are family. I am so sorry for your loss.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

pwettybird...I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I've said a little prayer for you and her.

Lil Bit....I've had a Boston Terrier before and my brother has one right now and they are precious dogs. I'm so sorry to read about Sammy's passing. My heart breaks for you and the pain and heartache your family is going through. The people here at the FORT are a bunch of compassionate animal lovers and can offer lots of solace and comfort during this time. I wish for you peace of mind in knowing that as your last act of love and kindness to Sammy, you helped him to cross over to the Rainbow Bridge where he will meet lots of fellow animal FORTers and will be able to run and be painfree.

to you during this time.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Lois Lane: My sincere and heartfelt condolences on the recent passing of your dear father.

Just the thought of losing my Dad brings tears to my eyes and I know that I cannot possibly relate to how you are feeling at this time. I am glad that you were able to be with family and friends over Thanksgiving and I pray that they continue to support you every single day. Do take care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

pwettybird: My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time when your sweet grandmother is so ill. I am sending healing energy and angels to help her at this time in her life. My beloved Baba passed earlier this year and it has indeed left a big hole in my heart. But I have managed to fill that hole with wonderful memories. I hope in time you will be able to do the same as it sounds as if your grandmother knows her time is near. Blessings to your family.

LilBit: How tragic and heartbreaking that we read of your beloved Sam as well. Pets are family members; dearly loved family members and I know from experience that your pain is not lessened by that fact. You and your husband were very strong, courageous and loving to rush Sammy to the vet and decide to allow his pain to end. I experience something very similar with my Snowy. Know that you are in my heart today.

gabriel: thank you dear one for posting about Lil Bit in the AL thread. I do not visit this thread very often but I appreciate the post so I could send my condolences and blessings to Lois and pwettybird as well.
    Last edited by misskitty; 11-25-2007 at 05:09 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I hadn't read this thread in awhile and I just want all of you who have suffered losses recently to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know what it feels like to lose a family member or a beloved pet and my heart goes out to all of you who have been going through that.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. It really does help. My son's dog is doing her part to ease my grief. My son is staying with us until he gets back on his feet financially and he has a 2 year old Boxer Pit Bull mix named Trinity. She has always liked me but she's never been my dog, if you know what I mean. Well, since yesterday morning that dog has not left my side. She follows me around and lays her head in my lap when I sit, looking at me with the most soulful eyes I've ever seen. She knows I'm hurting and is trying in the only way she can to make it better. I'm sure she's missing Sam too. They spent a lot of time together, although Sam used to get pretty annoyed with her boisterous puppy ways.

Thanks again for all your support. I'm not one to post very often, but it's always the first place I think of to come to when I need a shoulder. You guys really are a great bunch of people!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Ummm....I don't know if this thread exists...but I'm having some shallow problems too...

If there is a thread for beauty or whatever tips, please direct me to it, but if not, I'll ask for help here.

I'm a teenaged boy in the prime of puberty, and I'm Middle Eastern, so naturally I have clogged pores the size of Russia. I have really oily oily skin and sometimes it just dries out.

I use Clean and Clear astringent and it doesn't do much. I also use CKin2U for Her moisturizer for my face, but it STILL sucks.

I think this irritation and blemishes come from the fact that I shave and grow my hair back quicker, but I'm not sure.

Does anybody know a REALLY good skin regimine for my type of facial problems?

spellboundboy I can not stress enough the advantages of Proactive or other similar solutions. My daughter is in the height of puberty at a young age and the generic brand (Acne Free) had done wonders. WONDERS. I wish it was around when I was a kid. If you have access, get the Acne Free product at Walmart. It's $20 for a kit, but it's worth it. Keep up with it every day and you'll see a huge difference.

And... clean and clear used to make me break out. Maybe you should stop that and try something else if it's not working.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

spelboundboy, I don't know if this would work in your situation but when I used to have acne, my dermatologist prescribed all kinds of antibiotics like tetracycline and topical creams that just dried my face out like crazy. Finally, one recommended just washing my face with Cetaphil--which is relatively cheap and can be purchased at the drug store. It's a gentle cleanser. And I don't know whether I actually just outgrew the acne phase or whether it was the Cetaphil that did it, but poof. No more acne. I still use it today, even though I don't have any skin problems. I love it... I'm sure others will chime in with their tips, but you may want to give it a shot. It may not work for you, but it certainly won't hurt you.

Lil Bit, I hadn't seen your post about your buddy --I'm sorry to hear about Sam. It's amazing how animals can tell when you are sad, isn't it? I'm sure Trinity will notice you more from now on.

Spellboundboy, I like the new Garnier Nutritioniste Nutra Pure micro bead scrub (what a long label!) to clean my skin, and I think it would be good for the clogged pores also. It's really gentle, oil free, and also not that expensive.
    I'm not that sure using a toner for cleaning is a good idea; I'm a LOT older than you, but years ago a make up consultant told me NEVER to use alcohol based products like that, as they can cause dryness followed by too much oiliness. I don't know if that's true or not, but I still don't use alcool on my
    face. By the way this thread is for all troubles, not just big ones.

I did come in here to vent today, yesterdy was bad...
    I'm having a nerve tested and burned in my back Monday, so I've had to stop taking my arthritis medicine this week, and it's worn all the way off now...waaah. Uncle Arthur is kicking my butt.
    Next bad thing, I got a call from my Dad to get in touch--Mom had a boiopsy Wednesday, and the results are in; a growth on her pancreas is renal cell cancer. There are also 2 spots in her lung they haven't checked. We won't know anything else until December 10th, but this does not look good at all. I am glad she is not having any symptoms yet.
    Then I went to work, got my mind distracted and made a mistake, now I've been booted from work till next Thursday. Ouch.
    Last edited by queenb; 12-01-2007 at 04:46 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread