+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thank you so much queenb, I have no idea what I would do without you all. Thank you so much, I haven't been updated yet but I will be sure to post as soon as I do

MRD

pwettybird,

I hope your grandmother will be ok. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

You are going through a lot. I know there have been times when it seemed that everything bad was happening at once. Just know that you can be strong and you can get through the bad things and believe it or not they make you a stonger, better person.
    And you have tons of support and caring here when you need it.

Good luck
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

pwettybird - If she's saying her goodbyes maybe she's ready to go. Sometimes it's hard for those of us on this side of the veil to understand. Regardless of the outcome, we here at the FORT are here for support. Hugs to you, my friend.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Guts post reminded me of a conversation I had with my mother before she passed. I was really upset about what was happening. My dad and granmother had passed the year before. I didn't want her to die. None of us do. But my mom had been sick for 10 years, her quality of life had diminished immensely. She had been a very active outdoorsy woman and was now confined to sitting in a chair reading or watching tv and being on the computer.
    She told me that she was proud of the adult I had become. That she was confident she was leaving me able to stand on my own two feet and that she was ready to go because she was so tired of being sick and she wanted to be with my dad again.
    I realized that my wanting her to live was selfish because her life had become very hard on her and she was very sick and was ready to go. It was still hard on me. We all want our loved ones to live a long time and not to be sick. But both my parents were very ready for it at the end and were very accepting and calm about it. I on the other hand was not. But once they passed I did realize that they weren't suffering anymore.
    The hardest thing was letting them go for my own reasons. They wanted to go because they were ready.
    I don't know if this helps, but I think looking back on it now, I realize that at some point in life after being so ill, you are ready to let go. Of course, those that love you don't want to let it go. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have to think of them and not your own wants and needs. Very hard.
    I wish you the best. It is not easy. But there is always lots of support and help to get you through this period.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

pwettybird - It does sound like she is saying her goodbyes - we are here for you. Always remember the things that make you smile, cry, laugh, pause and just be thankful she is/was part of your life.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Pwettybird, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

This morning my husband and I had to take our beloved Boston Terrier, Sam to the vet and have him put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do and I've been crying all morning. He was 11 years old and had been going down hill rapidly recently. He had cataracts on his eyes and his hearing was getting bad. He had arthritis pretty bad and lately I noticed that he often had trouble swallowing. This morning he had a seizure and was obviously in a lot of pain. We called the vet and he said that he'd meet us at his office. Sam had another seizure on the way and wasn't able to stand and was having trouble breathing when we got to the vet. We decided the best thing to do was to stop his pain.

He was a part of our family for the last 11 years and we will miss him so much. I know that there are people who say that they are "just dogs", but any creature that can bring that much joy into someones else's life can never be considered "just" anything.

Rest in Peace Sammy. I love you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2690521;
    This morning my husband and I had to take our beloved Boston Terrier, Sam to the vet and have him put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do and I've been crying all morning. He was 11 years old and had been going down hill rapidly recently. He had cataracts on his eyes and his hearing was getting bad. He had arthritis pretty bad and lately I noticed that he often had trouble swallowing. This morning he had a seizure and was obviously in a lot of pain. We called the vet and he said that he'd meet us at his office. Sam had another seizure on the way and wasn't able to stand and was having trouble breathing when we got to the vet. We decided the best thing to do was to stop his pain.

He was a part of our family for the last 11 years and we will miss him so much. I know that there are people who say that they are "just dogs", but any creature that can bring that much joy into someones else's life can never be considered "just" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2690532;
    lil Bit - you are so in my thoughts and prayers right now. Sammy is now at the Rainbow Bridge running free, hearing and sight restored, happy and thankful he had you for 11 wonderful years. Take time to cry, grieve, but remember to smile and laugh soon when you think of funny things he did or even those annoying things that now will make you smile.
    Lil Bit I have posted this in the animal lovers forum also. My heart breaks for you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Lil bit, I am so sorry for your loss.

pwettybird, my condolences for your sweet grandmother. I hope that the doctors are able to make her life comfortable, if not healthy. I know how you feel. When my father was dying, I wanted him to live no matter what ... but I realized that he was very sick and in a lot of pain. While it is difficult to let a loved one go, it is also very difficult to watch a loved one suffer. In my heart, I know that he felt it was OK to let go. I wish you much peace and strength during this sorrowful time...

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2690521;

I am so sorry for your loss. He will be in doggy heaven looking down on the family.

and I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who is there for me, it means more to me then you know!

+ Reply to Thread