+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1670Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Lois Lane, please know that I am thinking about you. It's so sad that this you are having such a hard time.

Pwettybird, if you are living with your Dad, I agree with your Dad that you should find another place, but not for the reason he gives. Please don't allow yourself to be used this way, even by family.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2687318;
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I've got some time before guests arrive so I wanted to let you all know that my beloved father passed away recently. I couldn't write about it then 'cause it hurt too much to think about it. It still does. I am grateful he is no longer suffering, but I miss him so much and wish he was here (healthy and strong...not sick and in pain). Last year, he didn't make it to Thanksgiving dinner because he wasn't feeling well...so my mother came without him. We had offered to all go to their house but he said it was OK--there'd be next year, and he could celebrate it with our baby. As you may recall, I was pregnant then...and lost my baby shortly before Christmas. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant again this year...and I miscarried again shortly after my father passed away. I turn 40 later this year, and this is not how I thought life would be. I am grateful that my mother is still alive, and that we had many happy years with my father--who was the best father ever. Seriously. Anyhow, I am doing OK, and life goes on, right? Hope you are all safe, warm and happy.

Lois
    I am so sorry to hear this, Lois.

Lois, I'm sorry to hear that your father passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2687318;
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I've got some time before guests arrive so I wanted to let you all know that my beloved father passed away recently. I couldn't write about it then 'cause it hurt too much to think about it. It still does. I am grateful he is no longer suffering, but I miss him so much and wish he was here (healthy and strong...not sick and in pain). Last year, he didn't make it to Thanksgiving dinner because he wasn't feeling well...so my mother came without him. We had offered to all go to their house but he said it was OK--there'd be next year, and he could celebrate it with our baby. As you may recall, I was pregnant then...and lost my baby shortly before Christmas. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant again this year...and I miscarried again shortly after my father passed away. I turn 40 later this year, and this is not how I thought life would be. I am grateful that my mother is still alive, and that we had many happy years with my father--who was the best father ever. Seriously. Anyhow, I am doing OK, and life goes on, right? Hope you are all safe, warm and happy.

Lois
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2687327;
    Lois Lane - I'm sorry you're hurting. That's a lot of loss in one year. I lost my father last year, so I do know how you're feeling. The first Father's Day without him hit me unexpectedly. Try to find something to be thankful for today and know that he is still with you in spirit.
    Lois & Gutmutter ... It's so sad to hear of your losses, and there is never exactly the right thing to say, but let me at least tell you I care ... I truly do.

I know I stop and post only sporadically here, and it's probably because I'm squandering my limited typing skills in The Bachelor forum or something. ( I am very slow) I do drop in and read though, and tonight was one of those times, and just had to let you know I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.

FORT is a wonderful place with wonderful people ... and without dissing anyone in particular, those popular "social network" sites don't even come close.

Be well.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Thank you everyone for your words, which were so kind and comforting. It's been a rough day for me for a variety of reasons...but coming back to read all these posts is heartwarming. Thank you all...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Love ya, Lois. You know i'm there for you. I found it odd not encountering your posts. You're in my thoughts.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2688012;
    Thank you everyone for your words, which were so kind and comforting. It's been a rough day for me for a variety of reasons...but coming back to read all these posts is heartwarming. Thank you all...
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and everything surrounding that, you sound like such a strong person, I just know you will find a light soon...Please know you are in my thoughts...

~Ginger
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2688004;
    Lois & Gutmutter ... It's so sad to hear of your losses, and there is never exactly the right thing to say, but let me at least tell you I care ... I truly do.

I know I stop and post only sporadically here, and it's probably because I'm squandering my limited typing skills in The Bachelor forum or something. ( I am very slow) I do drop in and read though, and tonight was one of those times, and just had to let you know I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.

FORT is a wonderful place with wonderful people ... and without dissing anyone in particular, those popular "social network" sites don't even come close.

Be well.
    Thank you echo - I was in Africa at the time so couldn't make the funeral. Apparently the whole town turned out. He had lived there all his life and was an old-timey doctor who still made housecalls and took wood or pies for payment if cash was an issue. He was involved in the boy scouts, the YMCA, was the local high school team doctor, and very involved in church. He was a wonderful daddy who told us bedtime stories he made up every night. Now that I'm grown and hear how other people's families were I really appreciate what I had even more.
    Count your blessings!

Okay so along with my dad, I have more to worry about. My grandma on my mom's side isn't doing too well, my cousin texted me and called me and I was alseep but when I woke up I read all 4 of them and heard the voicemails from 2 of my cousins and apparently she is saying goodbye to everyone and she lost her color. They called the ambulance and they came and got her. She's been getting these spells like crazy and she had one when she was at the hospital so the doctors finally saw what was happening to her. I love my grandma to death, without her, I wouldn't be who I am today. I lost my mom when I was 9 or 10 years old so my grandma was my everything and still and always will be. She has taught me alot. I just hope God isn't ready to take her yet, and lets her stay awhile longer.

Pwettybird, I hope that since the doctors got to see what is happening, they will be able to help your grandmother more. I'm sending up a little prayer for her, as I type.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread