+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Lois - Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Yes you are ok, and life does continue, but take any time you need to cry, laugh, be sad, reflect and you will get past the hard things.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Lois, you are in my thoughts. It must be a hard time for you, so you should take all the time you need.

Lois, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a parent is tough but know you have people thinking about you here.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Lois, I have missed you and wondered where you had been and I'm so sorry to hear of the heartbreak you have been experiencing. You know what a wonderful place the FORT is so please don't hesitate to reach out to us to cry and vent.

I will be sure to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending you a big ole virtual Alabama hug ........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Lois Lane I am so sorry for all you've been going through. You always have a comforting word for others who are hurting on this board and I wish you didn't need those words yourself right now. I hope your holidays are warm and full of love. Don't give up on your dreams.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2687062;
    Well I am going to say from personal experience - First off DO NOT give him anything. Secondly please don't take this the wrong way but why are you asking for a Christmas gift from him if he is "strong arming" you for money.

Tell him you want no gifts and he should pay his bills.
    Well, I have asked helped on my boyfriend's side with his dad,step-mom,and step-sis and they all believe that this is unreal and that he really isn't needing the money for what he says he is. Alot of people that I have talked to believe that it is something to do with a gambling problem. He wrote me another note and said something along the lines of "me and my boyfriend need to find our own place by January, and he will find a smaller place like jail...thanks" what parent does that to their child?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2687665;
    Well, I have asked helped on my boyfriend's side with his dad,step-mom,and step-sis and they all believe that this is unreal and that he really isn't needing the money for what he says he is. Alot of people that I have talked to believe that it is something to do with a gambling problem. He wrote me another note and said something along the lines of "me and my boyfriend need to find our own place by January, and he will find a smaller place like jail...thanks" what parent does that to their child?
    I'm sorry but a "parent" doesn't do that to their child........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Lois,

I am so sorry and I just have no words that can convey what I want to say., I wish I could give you a hug. I'm sending one. Know that there are many people that care about you. My heart breaks for what you've been through.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2687665;

Well again from personal experience - that is nothing but manipulation. You and the BF should probably start looking in earnest for a place of your own and let the chips fall where they may. Do not give in, because every time you do it is harder & harder to get out of the situation.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2687711;
    Well again from personal experience - that is nothing but manipulation. You and the BF should probably start looking in earnest for a place of your own and let the chips fall where they may. Do not give in, because every time you do it is harder & harder to get out of the situation.
    I agree with Gabriel. My brother has been doing the same stuff to his daughter for years and its just a big story to cover his drug debts.

No parent EVER should do that to a child. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but the best thing is to tell him, you will go to the IRS offices with him and help him work it out, but that you can't give him money. And I wouldn't ask him for ANYTHING, even a Christmas present.

I wish you the best of luck. I know it has to be hard to have a parent treat you like this. But for your own sake and sanity, you need to be firm and not let him guilt or manipulate you and don't ask him for anything either.

If he has debts and he is facing jail, its his own problem, not yours.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread