+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1973Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thank you everyone Such wise and meaningful advice, I truly truly appreciate it. It's very comforting to know I'm not alone. I can definately relate to the feeling like I 'failed'. When I told my parents, my father was especially disappointed, but not directly, just in his voice. Makes it tough.

I'm looking forward to standing on my own, reclaiming the friendships my marriage pushed out the door. Being an independent and successful woman.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind support.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2679234;
    When I told my parents, my father was especially disappointed, but not directly, just in his voice. Makes it tough.
    As a father I would be disappointed also. Not disappointed in my daughter but disappointed that my daughter would have to go through the heartache. Maybe that's what you heard.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

GingerLVNV - You are truly never ever alone. even if you don't see a post people come here and offer silent prayers and good vibes to all posters. This place is truly a God send! No judging just honest support and advise. I agree with Unklescott - you probably heard heart ache for his baby girl. Dads just want to slay the dragon, and make sure baby girl is ok. My dad says it is his job to "fix" things and he is only truly sad when he can't - Moms are the same way......

MRD

Ginger,

I have to agree with Unk.

And while I've never been divorced so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. Don't feel like you failed. It sounds like you did try and it didn't work out.

Failure is a very negative emotion and no good for anyone. Try to think that you tried your best and for whatever reasons it didn't work out and that now you stand on the brink of the rest of your life and it holds many great and wonderful possibilities.
    Good luck.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay, so here's a little update. I've asked my dad for a new computer for Christmas and my birthday since my birthday is 5 days after Christmas since mine is falling apart, I'm missing 4 keys, my monitor screen won't stay up hardly and there's a blue line on the right side going down that just stays there. I told him that I would give up $200 to help pay for it, but he says that he can't afford it and the reason why I got my computer is because of my cousin which is completely untrue, I got it because I was tired of waiting on him to use his.

But anyways, I wrote my dad a note and what not and he wrote me back and He is still wanting as much money as he has asked before, he said that next week will be the time where he might be going to jail if I don't let my dad borrow the money and he's also saying that if he doesn't give the IRS this money then he won't even be here for Christmas. As we speak, I am working on a letter back to him, telling him that there is a payment plan and that I am willing to go with him to talk to them about it all. My heart is still torn though because he has been working his butt off for the money. I'm just done with his bs and I just really need help once again
    Thanks all!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hang in there pwettybird......be strong!

Your doing the right thing!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well I am going to say from personal experience - First off DO NOT give him anything. Secondly please don't take this the wrong way but why are you asking for a Christmas gift from him if he is "strong arming" you for money.

Tell him you want no gifts and he should pay his bills.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I've got some time before guests arrive so I wanted to let you all know that my beloved father passed away recently. I couldn't write about it then 'cause it hurt too much to think about it. It still does. I am grateful he is no longer suffering, but I miss him so much and wish he was here (healthy and strong...not sick and in pain). Last year, he didn't make it to Thanksgiving dinner because he wasn't feeling well...so my mother came without him. We had offered to all go to their house but he said it was OK--there'd be next year, and he could celebrate it with our baby. As you may recall, I was pregnant then...and lost my baby shortly before Christmas. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant again this year...and I miscarried again shortly after my father passed away. I turn 40 later this year, and this is not how I thought life would be. I am grateful that my mother is still alive, and that we had many happy years with my father--who was the best father ever. Seriously. Anyhow, I am doing OK, and life goes on, right? Hope you are all safe, warm and happy.

Lois

Lois Lane - I'm sorry you're hurting. That's a lot of loss in one year. I lost my father last year, so I do know how you're feeling. The first Father's Day without him hit me unexpectedly. Try to find something to be thankful for today and know that he is still with you in spirit.
    Count your blessings!

Lois. So sorry to hear about your father. I know you have been struggling with pregnancies, and I hope that if you choose to continue you have more success in the coming year. All the best to you on Thanksgiving, and give your mom an extra squeeze.

+ Reply to Thread