+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Superbrat, you have my prayers. Has he tried temporary services? They are great transition jobs, and sometimes they work into great permanent jobs.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I come here often, I weep, laugh, and pray with all of you. I am always inspired by the grace I see daily here.

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;2675539;
    I come here often, I weep, laugh, and pray with all of you. I am always inspired by the grace I see daily here.
    As am I.. By the way I don't see anything in the how/why did you choose your avatar thread telling us who the cutie is in your avatar. Did I miss something?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love how surrounding everyone on this board can be, its really helped me through a lot of things over the past two years.. I'm posting this here not because I'm heartbroken, but just for the support..

My husband and I are finally getting a divorce. It's been a long, long time coming and we both have reached our limit at the same time, this is a good thing. We do have a child so our concern is for him at this time. It doesn't make it less painful to me, but the thought of being back on my own is scary.

Knowing that I have support on these boards means a lot to me. Thanks for letting me invade
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Feel free to unload here. We also give advice free of charge
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2676281;
    I love how surrounding everyone on this board can be, its really helped me through a lot of things over the past two years.. I'm posting this here not because I'm heartbroken, but just for the support..

My husband and I are finally getting a divorce. It's been a long, long time coming and we both have reached our limit at the same time, this is a good thing. We do have a child so our concern is for him at this time. It doesn't make it less painful to me, but the thought of being back on my own is scary.

Knowing that I have support on these boards means a lot to me. Thanks for letting me invade
    Best of luck. I know this can't be easy, but you are definetly correct. These boards are full of support. Wishing you all the best and sending hugs. I hope things work out well and your child is ok with it all. Again, we're here when you need it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

GingerLVNV....I don't know how old your child is but I do understand where you are coming from in regard to a divorce being a long time coming and both you and hubbie reaching that point at the same time. My ex and I were also that way and in some ways, it was good. By the time we had gotten divorced, we had already been through most of the emotions of anger, hurt, frustration, etc and we were (somewhat) at peace with our decision.

Everyone handles their divorce differently so I'm sure you will be able to get alot of wonderful views on how to handle different things.

Best of luck to you. Feel free to PM if you need to talk.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ginger - When I was going through my divorce, I happened to be reading a little book called "Life Without Stress". It applied Eastern concepts from Buddhism and Tao to our western way of life. One thing that really helped when I was on my own with 3 kids and things got overwhelming was the book's advice to stop and ask, "Am I in physical danger right this minute?" Of course the answer is always no, so then you focus on being HERE - NOW and not hyperventilating about what might or might not happen. It really calmed me down a lot of times when I didn't know how things would work out. Getting divorced was the best thing I could have done. I am sooooo much happpier now. Sometimes I think it would be nice to meet a "soulmate" or even someone to hang out with - no strings attached, but I do like my autonomy. By the way... You're not invading - I'll scoot over and you can settle in next to me.
    Count your blessings!

Getting divorced was the best thing I could have done. I am sooooo much happpier now.
    I've done a lot of things in life that were worse than my getting divorced
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Ginger - I know exactly how you're feeling. When my ex and I got divorced, we both knew it was definitely time. And although I wasn't upset at the idea of he and I parting ways, I was very upset that I had failed at something that was so important to me - marriage. I went into my marriage with so many hopes, dreams, and plans. And to think that I had failed at something that I had put so much time and effort into was very upsetting. But that was a long time ago, and since them, I've met my current husband and (obviously) married him. We have an almost 17-year-old son, and life is good.

And feel free to stop in any time and unload. That's what's so great about the Fort - everyone is here for everyone else and there's always someone who has experienced what you're experiencing and is willing to share their thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread