+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2669478;
    I don't know, I thought this was a "troubles" thread and I am ending up being extremely uplifted! Thank you for the talk of food (now I'm really hungry) and relationwhips (MRD and Newf-who knew?) and jobs that you either like or are well compensated for(you mean there's hope for me?) Anyway, a big THANK YOU!

And speaking of Thanksgiving, (yes, that was a nice move), to my family, it's a holiday to share food and is meant to enjoy being together. You don't have to have a perfect table....you don't have to have a perfect turkey....you just need to be around your loved ones.
    Here! Here!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My great uncle, my dad's uncle, died on Tuesday. He had a massive heart attack on sunday afternoon, was in an induced coma on monday, and died early tuesday morning. It's weird because if you knew him, you would not even imagine that a heart attack was the way he'd go. He was 72, and still played on a regular softball team and he golfed regularly. He had the occassional martini at gatherings, and he never smoked. My sister and I are trying to get people to wear Yankee hats to the funeral, because he was such a HUGE Yankees fan.

We were a little worried my grandma wouldn't be up to doing Thanksgiving this year, as that was her last sibling who just died, and now she's the only one left. But my aunt who lives with her said she and my grandma would do the stuffing and turkey, and everybody else can bring the rest. I volunteered to make the mashed potatoes.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2669995;
    My great uncle, my dad's uncle, died on Tuesday. He had a massive heart attack on sunday afternoon, was in an induced coma on monday, and died early tuesday morning. It's weird because if you knew him, you would not even imagine that a heart attack was the way he'd go. He was 72, and still played on a regular softball team and he golfed regularly. He had the occassional martini at gatherings, and he never smoked. My sister and I are trying to get people to wear Yankee hats to the funeral, because he was such a HUGE Yankees fan.

We were a little worried my grandma wouldn't be up to doing Thanksgiving this year, as that was her last sibling who just died, and now she's the only one left. But my aunt who lives with her said she and my grandma would do the stuffing and turkey, and everybody else can bring the rest. I volunteered to make the mashed potatoes.

I'm so sorry to hear that Superbrat. My condolences. I'm glad your grandmother is handling it ok and will be able to still have Thanksgiving.

I love the baseball hat idea. When one of my friends died a few years ago, he was a huge Tampa Bay Bucs fan and we got a lot of people to wear Bucs t-shirts and jersey's to his service and it was a great tribute.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2669995;

I am sorry to hear this, SuperBrat. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

SuperBrat, I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Please accept my condolences for you and your family. It's good you will be having Thanksgiving after all, it will be helpful for all of you to be together. Best wishes, and you are in my thoughts.

Sorry SuperBrat to hear of your great-uncle's passing. I'm sure your grandmother would be best served to be surrounded by family at such a time.
    Count your blessings!

Superbrat - Please accept my condolences on the passing of your great uncle.

Superbrat I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

My trouble is my fiance is out of work and not getting any replies to his resume submissions and his depression is getting to a point I'm working from home to ensure he doesn't do something stupid out of desperation. Please pray for us to see us through this time.

Again Superbrat, please know my prayers are with you and your family at this time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover - you tell your fiance to hang in there and find some temporary distractions - I'm sure there will be something right around the bend for. I have you in my thoughts

You and your fiance are in my prayers, buglover. That has to be a scary place you're in if you're working at home because of what you're afraid he might do. I recently read that doing volunteer work is one of the best ways to put things in perspective. Can you think of anything the two of you can do together as volunteers? Can he find a temporary, menial job in the meantime just to get him out and about and rubbing shoulders with the masses? Virtual hugs to you both.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread