+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2665380;
    Thanks all. You guys don't know how much reading your posts helps me and I appreciate it. The suggestions and ideas and just the support is wonderful. Thanks a bunch.

I was wondering if anyone would even remember Yule Gibbons. I swear the man could live off tree bark.
    I remember Yule gibbons, and his commercials for something. I remember when he died it was a wide spread rumor that he died choking on a steak

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2665389;
    I remember Yule gibbons, and his commercials for something. I remember when he died it was a wide spread rumor that he died choking on a steak
    He was the Grape Nut spokes person. At least I think it was Grape Nuts, or as I call them "road gravel". (my husband LOVES Grape Nuts and I swear when he eats them, it sounds like he's chewing rocks)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

And speaking of grapenuts - yes that was it. Talking about my troubles - I stopped eating them years ago after I chipped 2 teeth on them. I could never get the right amount in the bowl and theen they would swell up so I would end up with like 10 pounds of gravel to eat. BLEECH

Hi guys,
    It's me Shaybo, but now I'm Shaybo II because I tried to log in, but I couldn't, so I reregistered.
    Oh on Saturday night my pipes broke and my husband and I called out so we could fix it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2665554;
    Hi guys,
    It's me Shaybo, but now I'm Shaybo II because I tried to log in, but I couldn't, so I reregistered.
    Oh on Saturday night my pipes broke and my husband and I called out so we could fix it.
    Hope there wasn't a lot of damage with the busted pipes. What happened? You live in S. FL, so they didn't freeze.

We had to replace the water heater about 3 weeks ago. What a major pain in the patootie, so I feel for you. But my husband replaced it so that was one of the reasons it was a pain, because him fixing anything requires at least 4 trips to the hardware store for parts he didn't know he needed until he needed them. But thank goodness he got it fixed as that was the night our temps went WAY down and a cold shower would NOT have been fun.

Hi, I'm sushifan and I'm new. ("Hi, Sushifan") Just wanted to talk about some stuff that's on my mind.

(1) I'm working 14-hour days and I'm burnt out -- but I feel like I can't complain to anyone about it because I get paid a lot of money to do this job. I'm very thankful for the paycheck but if this doesn't get better I may have to walk away soon. What sucks is that every time I talk about switching jobs, my dad tells me I'd be an idiot to leave because I'd be giving up all this money. Sigh . . .

(2) I'm cooking Thanksgiving next week for 15 people and feel totally overwhelmed. I just unpacked my china from the wedding and we don't have everything we need . . . and there's no time to get it. I have no tablecloth and I'm not sure I have enough serving dishes. I'm going to be a disaster!

(3) Finally, I would really, really like to lose the ten pounds I have gained since my wedding, but I have a hard time motivating to lose it when I'm working so hard and am so unhappy at work. I could really use a motivation buddy, but my husband loves ice cream and fried chicken. Double sigh . . .

Thanks for listening.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2665576;
    Hi, I'm sushifan and I'm new. ("Hi, Sushifan") Just wanted to talk about some stuff that's on my mind.

(1) I'm working 14-hour days and I'm burnt out -- but I feel like I can't complain to anyone about it because I get paid a lot of money to do this job. I'm very thankful for the paycheck but if this doesn't get better I may have to walk away soon. What sucks is that every time I talk about switching jobs, my dad tells me I'd be an idiot to leave because I'd be giving up all this money. Sigh . . .

(2) I'm cooking Thanksgiving next week for 15 people and feel totally overwhelmed. I just unpacked my china from the wedding and we don't have everything we need . . . and there's no time to get it. I have no tablecloth and I'm not sure I have enough serving dishes. I'm going to be a disaster!

(3) Finally, I would really, really like to lose the ten pounds I have gained since my wedding, but I have a hard time motivating to lose it when I'm working so hard and am so unhappy at work. I could really use a motivation buddy, but my husband loves ice cream and fried chicken. Double sigh . . .

Thanks for listening.

Hi Sushi fan.

Well its not always about the money. It should be about your happiness. I gave up a LOT to stay home when my daughter was born. Sure, it would have been nice to have had more money, but I've learned that money isn't everything and it doesn't buy happiness.
    And working like that can damage your health.

As for Thanksgiving. Break it down into doable parts. Plan the meal and see what you can make now and freeze. I never do all the cooking in one day. I usually start a week ahead and make stuff and freeze it, that way, I usually end up doing just one thing a day and then bring it all together. And don't be afraid to use gladware and those nice disposable foil pans. In fact, that's what I use to freeze my casseroles in that I make for Thanksgiving. No one expects it to be a perfect meal, served in matching dishes with matching linens and serving pieces. Just do what you can and don't worry about it.
    The important thing is that EVERYONE including you, enjoys yourself and are together for one day. And yeah, eating yummy food. But don't stress yourself on making it perfect. Remember only Martha Stewart is Martha Stewart and she has lots of staff to help her bring it all together looking so dadgum perfect.

Take a deep breath and spend some time making a list of the priorities. In your life regarding work, weight, money, happiness.
    And the same for the Tday meal. Make a list and prioritize it and do what you can.
    But I'm telling you that taking some time to think about what's important in your life, what you want to accomplish and how you will accomplish it are very rewarding and you may find that there is something else you can do that is more satisfying, less stressful and possibly less money. But its not your dad's job, it's yours and no one can make those decisions for you. But don't trade out your happiness. I have learned that.
    I lost a great friend almost 2 years ago to cancer. His wife still says that she wishes he had worked less and spent more time at home. I also learned from him that you need to enjoy every single day. Life is short. Too short to be unhappy most of it.
    Good luck.

Hi Sushi fan, Myrosiedog is right. After the holidays start finding a new job your health is more important then making money. Shes also right about prioritising.
    mrd-The pipes were old and they snapped apart lucky for us it was where my husband could reach it

"Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible." Eule Gibbons was a trip. Legend has it that someone offered him some hickory nuts. He declined, expressing a distate them. When asked to reconcile that with the Grape Nuts commercials in which he compared the breakfast cereal with the nuts, he said that he didn't like Grape Nuts either.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2665859;
    "Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible." Eule Gibbons was a trip. Legend has it that someone offered him some hickory nuts. He declined, expressing a distate them. When asked to reconcile that with the Grape Nuts commercials in which he compared the breakfast cereal with the nuts, he said that he didn't like Grape Nuts either.
    Your mind is like a steel trap. How do you remember that? At least you spelled his name right. I was too lazy to look it up.

Well we all know about truth in advertising right?

+ Reply to Thread