+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2662843;
    Not much I can say myrosiedog except I'm thinking of you!
    Thanks. That helps. The dr. did tell me he wants me on a normal diet until the procedures so I don't "skew" the tests, so I guess I have until mid-december to have bread and biscuits and Christmas cookies and all that good stuff made with flour. Maybe I can find some humor in it and call it the 2007 Final Flour Foods Tour. Coming soon to a city near you!

Ok, so maybe I'm a bit hysterical still and my emotions are on a see saw. But I'm trying.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2662741;
    Pwettybird, I agree with the others -- do not give your father your money. From what you said he said to you about visiting him in jail, it sounds like he's trying to guilt-trip you. The people in this forum are right -- the IRS will garnish wages long before they'll put someone in jail, and they'll work out payment plans. So I doubt his story -- or, he's ignored letters from the IRS asking him to cooperate, and now it's come to this. Either way, it isn't your responsibility. Tell him you don't have the money (which you'd never see again if you gave it to him), or -- if he still claims the IRS is going to clap him in jail -- tell him you'll go with him to talk to the IRS about a payment plan. I'd bet he'll hem and haw over that one.

LOL @ hem and haw over that one. But I think I'll try that one. The last thing that I want to do is give him that money. The boyfriend suggests that I scare the crap out of him and make him think that Im not going to help him out at all, and then 4 or 3 days before the 2 weeks is up, ask him how much money he is still needing and see if maybe if scaring the crap out of him makes him go out and bust his butt to get a second job and if he gets a second job, maybe just maybe he'll get some of the money, and if not we know at least he tried. But Im one of the nicest people you will meet, I can never say no. I give people what they want too easily. and if I don't do this, Im going to have a guilty conscience on my shoulder for awhile. But you all are the best! I appropriate all of the advice....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2662913;
    LOL @ hem and haw over that one. But I think I'll try that one. The last thing that I want to do is give him that money. The boyfriend suggests that I scare the crap out of him and make him think that Im not going to help him out at all, and then 4 or 3 days before the 2 weeks is up, ask him how much money he is still needing and see if maybe if scaring the crap out of him makes him go out and bust his butt to get a second job and if he gets a second job, maybe just maybe he'll get some of the money, and if not we know at least he tried. But Im one of the nicest people you will meet, I can never say no. I give people what they want too easily. and if I don't do this, Im going to have a guilty conscience on my shoulder for awhile. But you all are the best! I appropriate all of the advice....
    Oh girl, I feel for you. I know ALL about guilt, but let me tell you something I've FINALLY learned. Like Smokey the Bear used to say about Forest fires: Only YOU can prevent guilt.
    It doesn't matter who says or does what to TRY to make you feel guilty, the response is totally up to YOU. Yeah, I still feel occasional guilt, but I've finally learned that I can't fix everyone's problems and I'm not going to feel guilty about it anymore either. Ultimately, I am only responsible for my problems and my feelings and that the fastest way to being upset, miserable and depressed is to let others try to make me feel bad. I now focus on ME and while that may sound selfish, by focusing on me, I'm happier and the people around me are happier as a result and the ones that are not are not happy with me because they want something from me I cannot give them no matter how hard I try, so I refuse to let them make me guilty and miserable.
    Lucy's advice was right on. I would offer to go with him to the IRS to try to work out a payment plan and if he balks, then you know he was lying to you and related to you or not, you deserve better from both friends and family than to be lied to and to be coerced out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2662865;
    Thanks. That helps. The dr. did tell me he wants me on a normal diet until the procedures so I don't "skew" the tests, so I guess I have until mid-december to have bread and biscuits and Christmas cookies and all that good stuff made with flour. Maybe I can find some humor in it and call it the 2007 Final Flour Foods Tour. Coming soon to a city near you!

Ok, so maybe I'm a bit hysterical still and my emotions are on a see saw. But I'm trying.
    I am glad you can find some humor! Sometimes if you don't smile and laugh about life's troubles, you just break down and cry. Thinking of you!!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2662842;
    I just got back from the gastrointerologist and I am set for several exams including colonoscopy, endoscopy and biopsies. But after talking with me for a long time and taking an extensive history, the dr. said that he's heard a version of my story from many patients that have spent years being sent here and there, being told they have MS, Lupus,,blah, blah, blah and finally end up in his office and find out that they have Celiac's Disease which is a gluten intolerence.
    While I would be relieved to ONCE AND FOR ALL find out EXACTLY what is wrong and to clear up the major tummy troubles I have, I have sat here and cried because apparantly with Celiacs, I can have nothing again that I really enjoy. I suppose its better to get healthy and be forced to eat healthy and to finally end the frustration of all the doctors and tests and all, but its also a major blow and its going to apparantly be a real struggle because everything and its brother has gluten in it.
    Sorry to be such a downer. I'm home alone and just feel really depressed about this and oh, Merry Christmas, you get a colonoscopy from Santa this year as its scheduled for mid-December.

I've had one before which is another reason I'm not feeling the love right now. The procedure itself is easy, they knock you out. It's the stuff you have to do to prepare that really bites.
    That sucks, MRD, but it is good to know you have a name for your problems. I know a couple of people with Celiacs and have noticed that there are more products out there that are gluten free. They are becoming easier to find the more attention the disease gets.

MRD

Thanks guys. I'm lucky I guess to have it now as there are so many alternatives available that have not been available before.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself because when I had the gastric bypass, I gave up eating the old way, then the hypoglycemia, I had to adjust my diet, I've had to really limit sugar and chocolate. I had to quit drinking alcohol and coffee and now this. I swear I'm going to be like Yule Gibbons and just eat twigs and berries from now on. I know its going to make me healthier, but dang, food is my friend.
    And I love to cook, so I guess I will learn to cook a whole new way.

But honestly, it will be a relief to know that I'm coming to the end of this journery of health problems. I feel like its been disease of the month for me lately with all the different doctors and their opinions and tests.
    Well they call it "practicing" medicine as its just not an exact science in so many cases.

But I appreciate everyone's kind words and thoughts. I'm over yesterday's pity party and am trying to be proactive and do some research of my own.

mrd, speaking as someone who has also had to give up a lot of foods I enjoy - it's so worth it once you feel your symptoms start to go away. You'll lose your taste for the things that make you feel sick - similar to a person who used to smoke and now can't stand the smell of smoke or the taste of nicotine. It may take a few weeks or months, but eventually you won't miss the goodies you used to bake or cook, trust me.
    Good luck with your tests. I know you can't be looking forward to them, but hopefully a diagnosis and a treatment plan will put your mind at rest and you can focus on feeling better.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

rosiedog, bummer, but as others have mentioned there are a lot of replacement products available now that will keep you from missing your tasty treats. I haven't actually gone looking indepth because I don't have a problem with gluten, but I always buy pasta made with spelt or kamut/quinoa, which has improved greatly over the years and is now just as tasty as wheat pasta. I haven't bought any bread, but we've made wheat-free spelt bread that was delicious, and you could probably make pizza dough using the same wheat-free flour. The next time you're out and about, go check out a good-sized health food store and you'll be surprised and delighted by what you find. And even if they don't have the products themselves, they should have a variety of wheat-free flours and you can work yourself into a baking tizzy making all kinds of delicious things.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MyRosieDog, wouldn't it be great to finally have a workable diagnosis? I'm hoping you get one and sorry you have to go through those yucky tests first. I laughed so hard when you mentioned Yule Gibbons-man, I used to laugh at his commercials and eating the twigs and bark! I'm thinking of you!

MRD

Thanks all. You guys don't know how much reading your posts helps me and I appreciate it. The suggestions and ideas and just the support is wonderful. Thanks a bunch.

I was wondering if anyone would even remember Yule Gibbons. I swear the man could live off tree bark.

+ Reply to Thread