+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 1222 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415551055051005 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Well, I filed for divorce on Tuesday. I'm hoping in the long run it takes care of my troubles. But, I know I'm in for a tough period during the divorce process.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Pinkie, I'm blown away by your post about high school. Such an insightful young'un you are.
    Nancy, I just goosebumps and the hair stood up on my arms. Going through a divorce is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. It just sickens me when I hear it happening even though it needs to be done. Just hang in there, vent to your friends, and like it's been said here many times, just coming in here posting, and getting it off your chest helps.

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    I send me deepest sympathy and respect to all of you, for taking your problems and burdens head on. It might be difficuly, but if we help each other out, we can get through our problems.

(Lately, I've been trying to be as positive as I can, and I've been busying myself so I can take my mind off things. I admit, I've been eating a lot more than I used to, but I'll steer away from that and take up a new hobby or something. My theater program is starting so that should help. School starts on Monday for me and I will be in the top grade of my school, which is eighth grade. Wish me luck! )
    I was in love with a difficult man.

I just wanted to give everyone that is having troubles today a big . I'm thinking of all of you and hoping your day is good.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

on vacation
    I like to complain about my job (which I hate with a passion) and the trials of being a single parent but after reading this thread, it made me realize the old saying is true that there is always someone going through something worse.

My heart goes out to all of you who are going through rough times. I hope all of you realize that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and even if you can't see it now, you will someday and you may actually be proud of yourself for making it through such hard times.

Being able to talk about it and knowing people care, which obviously a lot of people here do, hopefully will make it easier. Best wishes and strength to all of you.!!

Best of luck to you, Moon Skin Child in your schooling.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Nancy...divorce is hell. You will need every bit of resolve and strength that you have. The best of luck to you. Stay strong.

Like Unkle says...you need to talk about it, you know where to find us.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Update on Frances......we got power at my place but no telephone yet.I guess I should be happy we got our power back,but man,I gotta vent about the state and the "rescue efforts"Our elderly are dying here because there is no way to keep their medication cool and their homes are stiflingly hot.They have no phone to use in case of emergency.Forget the Red Cross and FEMA(although,to be fair,I did see several Red Cross volunteers out yesterday)God alone knows where FEMA is.If you live in Florida,get mad.Our tax dollars are paying for this.It is appalling that they care so little for their citizens.
    Bellsouth is a joke.I hope they have lots of money to defend themeselves when the lawsuits start rolling in.I am number one in line.
    Real life is over rated...play the Sims instead!

I don't think lawsuits will get to far seeing as it's an act of Nature. I'd be grateful that I have power finally, and pray that the efforts of the Red Cross, FEMA, and various other government agencies keep up the progress and help out people still in need.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

you guys are depressing the hell out of me
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread