+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Scoutmom: Sheesh. That is taking awhile to fix. I sure hope they do a good job so that your air and everywhere is healthy! I expect there's some kind of inspection that they will have to pass when it is done to ensure good air quality?
    --------------

My little trouble is that I bought a 4 port USB hub for my old computer so I could actually plug in my printer, graphire pad, microphone and sandisk photo adaptor, but it doesn't work with my Windows. The techie said it would work but I don't have the original program disk. Sigh. I only have 2 USB ports and they are at the back of the tower so I am constantly pulling it out and getting the wire tangled. This is so frustrating.

On the bright side, Mac just came out with their new operating system Panther. On the dark side, I still can't afford a Mac. 'nother big sigh.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty (aka birthday girl!) - I would hope there's some sort of an inspection, but judging by the way things have been going, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Sorry about the computer problems. There's nothing worse than sitting there waiting and waiting for pages to load or not being able to do what you want to do. Maybe Santa Claus will bring you a new computer for Christmas. Have you been naughty or nice?

Miss Kitty- Happy Birthday by the way. My hubby knows how you feel his laptop is on the fritz. First one of our kids barfed on the key board. He got it cleaned out, but the key board wasn't responding, so he got a new one. Now his computer isn't responding because the fan is all clogged with dust and it over heats on him. That reminds me I have to check my fan to see if it's clogged and if it is figure out a way to clean it.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

MRD

Happy Birthday Miss Kitty!

Barf on the keyboard? They are so cheap, I would have ditched it and bought a new one without even attempting to clean that up.

We rented a steam cleaner last weekend and fortunately before we cleaned the carpets, I had a major tummy attack and ended up not making it to the bathroom and barfed on the carpet. (well it really wasn't fortunate I barfed, but it was that it was BEFORE we cleaned) Hubby said: Thank goodness I haven't steam cleaned yet. Then that night one of the dogs did barf 3 times on the newly cleaned carpets. We don't ever win.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd- I hope you and the dog are ok. That's why hubby and I installed a wood floor so if someone decides to up chuck it's an easy mess to clean up.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2656516;
    Sorry about the computer problems. There's nothing worse than sitting there waiting and waiting for pages to load or not being able to do what you want to do. Maybe Santa Claus will bring you a new computer for Christmas. Have you been naughty or nice?
    Yes I have been naughty and nice! My sister and my sweetie were thinking of pitching in to get me a Mac but I found out and told them not to. Sweetie still has a mortgage and sister is still saving to buy a home. I'm still on disability so it takes me awhile to make any kind of big purchases (especially with home repairs). I really don't want them to put out that much money on something that really isn't a necessity. Now, if they want to get together and help me shingle my roof next spring, I'd take that!

myrosiedog: I'm sorry you are having tummy troubles. Maybe you and the dogs could have a little talk and co-ordinate your up-chucks for the same time, same place?

Shaybo: Hardwood is so much easier to clean than carpet!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Alright crew, I really coud use some help right about now, my heart is crashing and Im torn between what I should do

My dad already owes me 1600+ in money, and now he wants 4500 because he owes the IRS and if he doesn't get this money within 2 weeks then he is going to be sent to jail. He has a job, but he says he's going to have to get a second job, and I told him maybe he needs a third job as well, and then he asks me if I was going to see him in 2 weeks and I said I didn't know. I don't know what I should do, I don't want to see my dad between bars or anything, but I don't know if I want to lean him that much money either knowing I have me and my boyfriend to support, Christmas coming up, AND I have a dentist appt that Im going to have to pay $236.00 right then and there. Yeah I love my dad dearly, but we don't get along hardly at all. Right now I just feel like crying and drinking, but I know that won't help my cause. Please someone help me and tell me what I should do.

First off - Parents usually DO NOT get loans from children. I read between the lines here and I see someone who borrows money and does not pay it back or someone who needs financial counseling. The IRS can do payment plans. You keep your money for yourself. If he ends up behind bars it is NOT your fault.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2661090;
    First off - Parents usually DO NOT get loans from children. I read between the lines here and I see someone who borrows money and does not pay it back or someone who needs financial counseling. The IRS can do payment plans. You keep your money for yourself. If he ends up behind bars it is NOT your fault.
    I agree with Gabriel. The IRS will work with people and usually garnish wages before anyone even goes to jail. If he has a bank account and a job, then they can take the money from there and usually do.
    And $4500 is not a huge amount considering what most peoplel who do go to jail for income tax evasion owe. I honestly tend to think it's a line he's using on you. And if he owns a house, they will put a lien on the house as well. They honestly try very hard to avoid sending people to prison because they want the money and they know you can't pay them if you're in jail.

I have a very good friend that owes te IRS $30,000 and he hasn't even been approached by them about jail, but they did take his savings from his bank account and are garnishing his wages in order to get what they owe.

And there are people that can help him with his IRS debt and can get the IRS to take a lesser amount than is whats owed. I see tv ads for this service all the time.

And also quite honestly, if he owes the IRS then he shouldn't be involving you. It's his debt and his responsibility and if he hasn't paid them, then it should not be something you feel you should take care of for him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I would be VERY surprised if they jailed him for such a paltry amount. My brother owed around 30,000.. he put off paying and they just kept adding penalitys and interest..no talk of jail. Your Dad is most likely just trying to get some cash from you. He is playing on your sympathies, hoping that you'll come thru. Don't fall for it.

My problem and I need advice. My DH and my son (his stepfather) are getting into a power struggle. DS is 16. I admit sometimes I can go easy on him, but I do try to follow thru and be consistent with discipline. DH thinks I "baby" him and let him do whatever he wants.

DS has been putting off doing some things. Namely, taking his car in for an estimate. (a friend backed into him) Helping DH fix his computer (DS's computer) and taking the lawnmower in for repair (DS's fault-he leaves in out in the weather) I have been more relaxed about keeping on DS because he is so busy with school and band, etc. etc. He hardly has any time for personal persuits. KWIM? DH is getting tired of this. He has started saying things to DS, bordering on rude/mean. This is in the past day or so. DH and I are starting to fight about it.

I had a talk with DS. Explaining that he needed to get going on this stuff. To show some effort. I loved him and know he is super busy, but lets get going on this.

Should DH (stepdad) be involved in disciplene matters? We have shared custody with his Dad, who is very much in the picture... I just want some guidelines on how to handle this stuff.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread